Sign in to follow this  
Amadeous

[GGACR] Jam ACR Changes and Discussion Thread

Thanks St1ckBuG, I'll go ahead and update the first po-

wait, FB kicks? Doing a charged kick on demand is a FB now or something?

Thanks St1ckBuG, I'll go ahead and update the first po-

wait, FB kicks? Doing a charged kick on demand is a FB now or something?

I think they mean her 236D/214D/623D kicks, or something along those lines.

http://bitterharmony.se/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4480

Shinjin finished the Jam section:

Change list

Charged Moves

Can now used charged moves stand alone.

Commands: 236D, 623D, 214D

6HS

Throw inv removed.

Air hit now results in a wallbounce.

Can be cancelled on block/hit.

Guardbalance = 10.

6HS – HS followup

Can be cancelled with: Charge, FB Charge, Charged Ryuujin, Charged SRK, Charged Gekirin.

Knockback on block increased.

Prorate changed from 90 % to 80 %.

3HS

New move

Landing recovery increased from 6f to 8f (S: sure sounds like 3HS is Jams old 6HS)

2HS

Untechable time decreased from 25f to 22f

Now floats lower on hit.

Ryuujin:

Can be air guarded (aka don’t need to FD it in air)

Hyappo Stace

You can now do Charged Ryuujin, Charged Gekrin and Charged SRK from it.

Hyappo Stance -> Slide (P)

Changed so that you wont get Choujin if you go back neutral and press P after doing 236 S .

Added strike inv during f 1-4

Hyappo Stance -> FB Hyappo.

Changed so that you wont get Charged Ryuujin if you go back neutral and press D after doing 236 S .

Hyappo Stance -> Sweep

Changed from stagger on hit to Down on hit.

Can be cancelled to Charge and FB Charge.

Gekirin

Made the hitbox a little bit smaller (around her feet that is)

Charge

Recovery time decreased from 57 f to 53 f

Charged Ryuujin

ヒット時に 相手を前方斜め上へ吹き飛ばす ようになりました。

基底ダメージ補正が 80% になりました。

カウンターヒット時の 壁張り付き時間 が、通常ヒット時と同じになりました。

Charged SRK

Startup decreased from 5f to 3f.

The last hit launches the opponent (straight up) on hit.

Guard balance is now = 5 x 7

Prorate is now 80 %

FB Hyappo

Normal down on hit (instead of wall stick)

Can be cancelled to charge and fb charge on hit and block.

Untechable time = 28 f

FB Charge

Now gives you one charge card for each special (gekirin, ryuujin, srk)

Recovery decreased from 64 f to 50 f.

632146 HS Special

Recovery decreased from 17f to 9f

Sends the opponent flying vertically on hit.

DAA

Recovery increased from 12f to 16f

64641236 P+K

Startup changed from 7f + 29f to 7f + 1f.

Jam changes look dope even though 6HS isn't throw inv anymore :(. I used to do dumb things with that all the time, but 6HS followup into Kicks n shit omg and charge omg. Charge SRK poppin niggas up sooooo more combox? And the 236K+K knocks down now instead of staggers hmmm. i dunno I just wanna play GG again :(.

Anyone mind translating that Charged Ryujin changes? It's bugging me.

Also, someone who's played #Reload or Slash needs to explain her old 6H to me, all I remember is hitting my opponent and they grab me out of recovery. I'm assuming I was doing it wrong.

the japanese affectionately refer to her old 6h the ROLLING PANCHIRA or EXCALIBUR if that helps =p

Charged Ryuujin

Now launches the opponent 45 degrees upwards on hit (upwards forwards diagonally)

Now prorates 80%

Wallstick time on CH is now the same as it is on normal hit

Thanks Dakanya. The launch is actually pretty helpful in my opinion, shouldn't affect going into other kicks much either. Also I'm actually happy to hear there's no more "Days of wallstick" on counter hit, I could never get the timing down since they were stuck to the wall for so long.

Hit-confirming looks a lot easier. Mix-up remained untouched (or possibly better?). Damage not sure yet. Oki? Depends what you can get off of FBPB knockdown.

Too early to tell.

Best case scenario for me was to leave her alone i dont want her buffed turn into S tier so that everyone cries if i pick Jam just like litchi neither do i want her nerfed to bits i like her as she is now :(

Thanks Dakanya. The launch is actually pretty helpful in my opinion, shouldn't affect going into other kicks much either. Also I'm actually happy to hear there's no more "Days of wallstick" on counter hit, I could never get the timing down since they were stuck to the wall for so long.

Well this is charged Ryuujin though... when do we ever get a naked raw CH with charged Ryuujin in AC that requires us to time a follow up lol

Her combos and options seem interesting but she's pretty much been nerfed from AC in terms of neutral game, pressure, and possibly damage.

Pressure/damage-wise: 5K prorates 80% now, 6H is no longer throw invul, FBPB only knocksdown

There's a lot of Japanese that want her old stuff back like the 2S and 2D (used to have a better hitbox) and the triple kicks

anyways I didn't realize that the posted changelist here is incomplete so I've written out a complete changelist

Full Changelist

Carded Kicks

now have their own input on the D button, can be used at anytime and not just after specials like before, commands are 236D, 623D, 214D

6H

no longer throw invul

ground bounces on air hit

can now be cancelled on hit or block (assuming special)

GB+ decreased from 20 to 10

6H~H

now cancellable into Asanagi (22K/S/H), FB Asanagi (22D), and carded kicks (236D, 623D, 214D)

proration increased from 90% to 80%

3H

new move (suspected to be her old 6H)

landing recovery increased from 6F to 8F

2H

untech time decreased from 25F to 22F

floats less on hit now

Ryuujin (236K)

now air-blockable (no FD necessary)

Bakushuu (236S~)

can now cancel into carded kicks as well (236D, 623D, 214D)

Bakushuu > Mawarikomi (236S~P)

if the P is input when the stick is at neutral, Choujin (236P) will not come out

is now invulnerable to hits on frames 1~4

Bakushuu ~ FB Hyappo (236S~D)

if the D is input when the stick is at neutral, carded Ryuujin (236D) will not come out

Bakushuu ~ Ashibarai (236S~K)

now knocks down instead of staggering

is now cancellable into Asanagi (22K/S/H) and FB Asanagi (22D)

Gekirin (214K)

the hitbox around her foot is now a little smaller

Asanagi (22K/S/H)

the move has been sped up and now takes 53F instead of 57F

carded Ryuujin (236D)

now launches the opponent 45 degrees upwards on hit (upwards forwards diagonally)

now prorates 80%

wallstick time on CH is now the same as it is on normal hit

carded Kenroukaku (623D)

starts up faster, 3f instead of the previous 5f

now launches them straight up on the last hit

GB+ decreased from 15x7 to 5x7

now prorates 80%

FB Hyappo (236S~D)

no longer wallsticks on hit, knocks down instead

is now cancellable into Asanagi (22K/S/H) or FB Asanagi (22D) on hit or block

untech time is now 28F (meaning they can air tech if they are high enough to, will matter during combos)

FB Asanagi (22D)

now charges 1 of each card

move has been sped up in its entireity and now takes 50F instead of 64F

Renhoukyaku (632146H) puffball super

recovery decreased from 17F to 9F

Dead Angle

recovery increased from 12F to 16F

Tousai Hyakuretsuken (64641236P+K) hnk super

startup is now 7F + 1F instead of 7F + 29F

Jam's old 6hs was a great poke. that beats like ky's 2S, baiken's farS, 6K, Johnny's 2S, 5K. and crash against may's 5HS. and on CH, you could go into full combo start's from anything. keeping the right distance was pretty difficult and massing up means you'll get thrown or punished really badly; therefore that was a very last secret weapon that she couldn't use often, so excalibur was the name for it. Also, you could use it as overhead option. dash 6HS RC-JS or 5K was very fast high low mix up. I believe she can get decent damage from it in ACR. Like JS-JH-charged ryujin~. So yeah, she seems pretty legit as long as she'll get the 2S and 2D. without it, she'll be AC jam that lost damage sources.

I really hope they'll do something to the stupid FB puff ball though. it seems still as good with charged ryujin, and I don't want that kind of stupidness in jam. They should know no one was happy with FB puff ball and that move needs to be removed, honestly. at least get rid of inv, make the damage high or something like that.

Nah I don't think it should be like big bang upper it's perfect how it is now. I see no problem as long as we can't just use it over and over after the first hit. It'll still be really useful in a lot of matches like eddie and millia to take shadow away and keep her still.

The real thing that's bugging me right now is the half guardbar recieved from 6h while no longer being throw invul AND the prorate nerf to 5.k. Really gonna have to work for a little gb+ now. Even 5.h into 6h will sometimes get slashbacked now if we complete it everytime but i guess that's what they want what with the gb+ on miss sb. That's where the stop at +1 5.h or do a 3h rc comes in.

This version still lookin preeeeety fun.

http://youtu.be/bjt13UqPVw8?t=5m13s

As far as this version goes Jam retains her palm loop thanks to the hilarious looking groundbounce on 6H now. 2H floats less but the groundbounce appears to compensate with new ways of height control. I'd just imagine a lot less ways going into it - I'm wondering if 236S~K knocks down on air hit as well.

Wouldn't be surprised if they took off the wallstick on 6H H followup on airhit though, seemed like they didn't want the loop in the first loketest. We'll see though.

just dumping some stuff I translated from the BBS a week ago so I can erase it from my notepad

6H is throw invul again. The old input for Asanagi inputs (K) don't work. Burst cancel is still in. 3H>236D is key combo route.

Last hit of spirit bomb blows them away and downs. Also you don't lose your meter if you get hit before it actually comes out now.

sweep > asanagi ryuujin > FB puff > 2h > 6h~h > get a charge or continue w/ another asanagi special

inertia glitched gekirin > 2h > 6h > FB puff > 2h > 6h~h > "

gacho is still in and can be done off asanagi gekirin & prolly kenroukaku but FB puff doesn't wallstick now so it doesn't vortex on crossup

Seems like the took away some of her damage to make it easier to hit-confirm. Is her oki the same old stuff only you have to respect after Asanagi charges because she recovers faster?

Edited by St1ckBuG

People having 4-5 charges is beginning to look like training mode lol.

Biggest hit so far aside from losing random fb puff into combo is losing the ability to 5.H into fb puff for the stick. Of course both of these can be fixed with a charge so it's not so big since it seems we get oki after fb charge.

Watched all of your videos Stickbug and I didn't see two pretty big things. The first is 6.H into linked 6.P; The second is 236S/K. Has anyone seen if it still knocks down like the loc tests?

Well that's only one frame off so I'm sure it's still there. Was only seeing 5.K after and wondered why. Thanks.

Sign in to follow this