Sign in to follow this  
Amadeous

[GGACR] Jam ACR Changes and Discussion Thread

Alright, the damages and levels values were definitely typos, and some other stuff must've just not been changed when being copied from the AC template. 6H and Ryujin's ground bounce and untech times are accurate, I can verify that. 623D I'm fairly certain is forced prorate now, but I'll have to double check the actual page the frame data came on. Thanks for letting me know.

Started practicing a lot more with Jam, I'm starting to get the hang of Wall Loop.

Has the Wall Loop changed at all in AC+R?

If I recall correctly, it's gone now.

DAMN IT! AND I WAS WORKING SO HARD TO! AND THEY GO AND GET RID OF IT!

EDIT: I looked at some match videos, and it looked like the Jam player was using several variations of the Wall Loop.

Edited by Wild Candy

Wall loop is still in and imo easier now, I've practiced it on vita ACR. Bit harder to set up since you can't FBPB from anything but you can charged Ryujin so yeah.

What I notice now is you delay the H follow up more after 6H to let the groundbounce do it's work so you don't care about character specific hitboxes anymore. It's harder to get as many reps sometimes cause 2H lost untech time but you can do stuff like 2H 6H 214D for knockdown now no matter when it is or do 2H 6H 236SD and link to continue a combo

So basically the wall loops themselves became easier to perform, but now there harder to hit confirm, right?

It's not really harder to go into, the cards are just more important now whereas previously you only needed meter.

So basically her gameplan is to charge much more often, and continue to batter her opponents into submission.

1. She has more and better ways to get cards. In AC getting a card means back to neutral or only very little advantage.

2. Her other cards (214/623) aren't absolutely worthless anymore. All those cards lead into 6H~H combos.

No more meter for forcepuff or throw FRCs required to go into loops. The new 623 and 214 cards can turn even aircombos high up into a loop. This is really good, and makes wall loops even more common.

The new Jam is the most beautiful thing. I hope she forgives me for not playing her that much in the last couple months of AC.

- Gekirin nerf. This wasn't as big of a deal as I thought. We lost the gacho with the fb puff changes anyway, and instead of the old stuff (midscreen 2d -> airdash mixups) I'd rather get cards now. Never enough cards.

- 6H nerfs. This was the only really negative thing I noticed. I got thrown a lot trying to be AC Jam still.

- 6H groundbounce. The new combos didn't even require seriously looking into and worked right away, this is much easier than the old version. Not being able to go 6H, 5S for midscreen juggles felt awkward, but this is not even needed anymore.

- FB puff "nerf". Enemy eats it and, with a card, loses all purpose in life. Business as usual, Jams gonna Jam.

- I thought the super puffball was really good now due to the pushback on last hit. Could punish a couple predictable things without getting into too much risk.

- 3H was worse than I thought. It being 1hit only on crouchers made confirming harder than it should be as the second hit can't be whiffcancelled. Small crouchers get hit only by 623D afterwards. This thing could have been really good if the first hit forced standing, oh well.

Does anyone know for sure what changes were made to puffball and Ryuujin? I play Johnny, and the counter pokes I used in AC (2S and 6P, respectively) don't seem to work anymore. I just wanna be sure that either those moves have changed to beat those now, or that I'm being a scrub and not pressing the buttons hard enough.

The only real changes were to FBPB afaik. The invul was extended by 2 frames so it's sure to come out no matter what. Charged Ryujin has always been 1-9 invul, but due to it being used whenever you want now it's a bit more relevant. That might be why you're feeling it?

Hey so we all know that the mook had pre-patch data and it was mentioned in the patch how "Jam 22D Recovery increased" right?

Well I did some digging and the mook gives this data:

50F Recovery, Jam gains 1 of each charge on Frame 5.

And I recorded a vid of myself doing 22D in ACR console, which has the patch. The recording was only at 30 FPS, but I got this general idea:

50F Recovery, Jam gains 1 of each charge on Frame 18~20.

I'm not sure when exactly she gains a charge, but it's clear it's not really the recovery that was changed like the patch said. It was the frame on which she actually gains 1 of each charge. So uh...whoops?

Hey so we all know that the mook had pre-patch data and it was mentioned in the patch how "Jam 22D Recovery increased" right?

Well I did some digging and the mook gives this data:

50F Recovery, Jam gains 1 of each charge on Frame 5.

And I recorded a vid of myself doing 22D in ACR console, which has the patch. The recording was only at 30 FPS, but I got this general idea:

50F Recovery, Jam gains 1 of each charge on Frame 18~20.

I'm not sure when exactly she gains a charge, but it's clear it's not really the recovery that was changed like the patch said. It was the frame on which she actually gains 1 of each charge. So uh...whoops?

EDIT: You get the cards on frame 19.

Edited by Random Naoto

Quick tutorial video for players who didn't necessarily play #R/Slash enough and can't find a use for her new 3H. It's amazing when you RC it.

Sign in to follow this