Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shinquickman

[+R] May: General Discussion

::clears dust:: Hello? Any May players still out there? :P Anyway, here's all the stuff that's been revealed about May so far.

AC+R Loketest changes and Reception

Bold= Changes listed on the official site and shown on the preview video.

Italics= Changes found in loke tests, as well as the reception to these changes from some top players.

• -41236D ; New FB version of dolphin summon, appears behind opponent.
    -623S or HS ; possible to followup vertical and horizontal dolphin with restive rolling through this command.
    -Dolphin level for 41236+ button appears above tension gauge.
    -Overhead Kiss is now a dash throw (like Platinum's Dramatic Sammy).
    -In the corner, {2D, [4]6S/HS -> j.623HS, c.S, 5HS, loop} is possible
    -Someone did in fact successfully perform OHK > (cS > H > S-Vert)x2. People were having trouble doing it because of the lag, apparently. So May players can put down their nooses for now at least.
    -OHK always has her run a fixed distance, which is such that it barely hits after max range fS. Tick-OHK is history. General consensus is that the move is completely worthless and people are pretty upset about it.
    -j.H untechable time is reduced.
    -It was falsely reported that 6H > Vert doesn't work anymore, but it does. Interesting new combo: 2D > S-Vert > H-Restive > FRC > 6H > Vert. No mention if the loop is possible from there.

Edit 06/02: Lame loops are still possible to an extent.

June29th 2012. Loc Test#2:

GG+R May Official Change Log

● command list

Special Moves

Mr. Dolphin: ← CHARGE → + S or HS

Mr. Dolphin: ↓ CHARGE ↑ + S or HS

Restive Roll: → ↓ ↘ + S or HS (Air enabled)

Change of Direction: ③ lever in + S or HS (up to 3 times) Needs further explaination

Greeted with applause, please: ← ↙ ↓ ↘ → + P or K or S or HS or D (Charge Enabled)

Kiss Overhead: → ↘ ↓ ↙ ← + K

Force Break

Mr. Dolphin: ← CHARGE → + S or HS: → + D

Mr. Dolphin: ← CHARGE → + S or HS: ↑ + D

Jackhound: ↓ ↙ ← + D

Supers

The ultimate spoiled child: → ↘ ↓ ↙ ← + HS

Great Yamada Attack: ↓ ↘ →↓ ↘ → + S

large whirlwind spin agony transcendence: → ↘ ↓ ↙ ← + S

Bomber Deluxe Goshogawara: P follow-up attack to → ↘ ↓ ↙ ← + S

Mortal blow

May and pleasant comrades: ← ↙ ↓ ↘ → ← ↙ ↓ ↘ → + HS

May and pleasant comrades: → ↘ ↓ ↙ ← → ↘ ↓ ↙ ← + HS

Change Details

2HS: Staggers on ground hit (COUNTER HIT OR REGULAR HIT?)

2HS: Cannot Gatlin to Dust. (2D or 5D?)

2HS: Stagger time is now 30F → 26F

J.k: Startup is now 7F → 6F

J.k: Recovery is now 10F → 8F

J.D: Upper body invincibility has been granted

J.D: Is F 5F was soon canceled out swinging accepted. (5f kara window?)

3K: Gatling combination routes from the K edge has been added to S Standing or long distance

6HS: Whiff cancel is now possible to order a certain period of time

6HS: Gatling combination routes from S has been added to crouch S · K · Standing Standing distance

6P: Full charge is wall stick

6P: Whiff cancel is now possible to order a certain period of time

5HS: Knock back distance has been reduced

5FS: Lv attack is now 3 → 4

5[D]: Jump cancel is now impossible

5[D]: Recovery time is 30F → 40F

5[D]: Effect has been drawn to the behavior of the grant when hit. (?)

Greeted with applause, please: After completing a maximum Tame (Lv4), will now be triggered automatically after 2 seconds

Greeted with applause, please: Interface indicates the stage of performance on the tension gauge has been added

Greeted with applause, please: FRC of the is now canceled 20 ~ 21F → 23 ~ 24F

Greeted with applause, please: Opponent will now knock back when hit in the direction of the dolphin

FB Greeted with applause, please: New move added

Kiss Overhead: Now move to throw

Kiss Overhead: Dash now moves to cancel the normal

Kiss Overhead: Startup is 25f

Kiss Overhead: Systemic invincible was granted between 19 ~ 25F

Horizonatl Mr. Dolphin: causes Slide on air hit

Vertical Mr. Dolphin: Guard gauge depletion in value is now 10 → 14

Vertical Mr. Dolphin: Recovery time is 5F → 7F

Restive Roll: Recovery time is now 15F → 17F

HS-Restive Roll: Ground version trajectory almost verical

S-Restive Roll: FRC removed. F is the simultaneous generation and reception of the attack roll. (Need better translation)

S-Restive Roll: Move not GROUNDED type = opponent is not required to Barrier block the attack

S-Restive Roll: Technique is now the middle (Need better translation)

Change of direction: Behavior at the time of the attack hit opponent will now be blown off in the direction of movement

Change of direction: Damage is now 14 → 18

Change of direction: Recovery time of is now 28F → 32F

Change of direction: Startup of attacks is now 11F → 5F

Change of direction: 4F was faster timing is derived. (Need better translation)

Change of direction: Move not GROUNDED type = opponent is not required to Barrier block the attack

Change of direction: Lv attack is now 3 → 2

Jackhound: Lower hitbox, picks up Testament more often & I-no

The ultimate spoiled child: Hits cause suction, except final blow

The ultimate spoiled child: Peeling down is now available. (Direction influence?)

The ultimate spoiled child: Time of the third stage of recovery to 8 now 20F → 50F

Bomber Deluxe Goshogawara: Hit is now usually sticks → wall down

Bomber Deluxe Goshogawara: Guard advantage is now +20 F

Large whirlwind spin agony transcendence: Startup of attacks is now 1F + 8F → 1F + 14F.

Large whirlwind spin agony transcendence: Guard advantage is now +2 F

Large whirlwind spin agony transcendence: The move is now to withstand an opponent's attack (Absorb/Armor?)

Large whirlwind spin agony transcendence: Moving speed is now faster

Large whirlwind spin agony transcendence: Hit = Wall stick

Large whirlwind spin agony transcendence: Damage is now 18 → 24 per hit.

Large whirlwind spin agony transcendence: Rising value per hit guard balance has been reduced

I'm thinking of subbing May. I hear she's pretty easy to play, and I need someone to win matches with while I suck at Johnny. The Overhead Kiss change seems a little weird, and I also heard the lame loop was no longer possible. I'm going to guess that cS, Hs does work, but the lag messed people up. Optimisim!!

Lost of lame loop huh? Well that's a tad disheartening but there's still free restive rolling after a dolphin to look forward to! ...right? Dunno how to feel about the change to OHK at this point. Oh yeah, Welcome back Guilty Gear <3

Oh yeah, Welcome back Guilty Gear <3

Good to be back, but I'm going to hold onto the optimistic veiw that lag is what's stopping lame loops from working. Here's how it works, the Japanese are too good, everything is so ingrained into their muscle memory that the lag messes them up to bad to do lame loops. Thats why the have jp only rooms online, too hide their one weakness lag!!

Even without loop, she'll be able to get good damage, people will just have to be more creative. Loop wasn't very hard and wasn't hard to set up so everyone used it.

Even without loop, she'll be able to get good damage, people will just have to be more creative. Loop wasn't very hard and wasn't hard to set up so everyone used it.

It looks like we may have a new loop

Efute was able to get sweep, horizontal dolphin, hs rolling, (2s, horizontal, hs rolling)x2. Might be something there.

Hey guys.

Here's the jp compilation:

メイ

JHS

受け身不能時間減少。

オーバーヘッドキス

移動投げに変更。BBプラチナのドラマティックサミーと同じく、移動してから投げが発生する。密着してても同じ。

縦、横イルカ

ヒット、ガード後の硬直をレスティブローリングでキャンセル可能。

このため、低空イルカヒット後に地上ダウンしている相手をレスティブで叩き起こしてエリアル、が可能。

端で適当>足払い>[横イルカ>レスティ(斜め下方向)>2S]×2が入ってた。

Here's a google translator for English:

Mei

JHS

Passive decrease down time.

Kiss overhead

Change to throw move. Like Sammy dramatic Platinum BB, thrown from the move occurs. Even though the same may be stuck together.

Vertical, horizontal dolphin

Stiffness can be canceled with less active rolling hit, after the guard.

For this reason, can be aerial, beating in the wake Resutibu your opponent is down after the dolphin hit the ground at low altitude.

× 2 foot came in to pay> suitable> [> 2S (downward diagonal) dolphin> Resuti side] at the end.

My recap- We lost Lame Loop, J.HS Couterhit, OHK startup is balls.

We need to spend meter for damage, bring on GG:XX/ Yay

Some good news guys:

* Someone did in fact successfully perform OHK > (cS > H > S-Vert)x2. People were having trouble doing it because of the lag, apparently. So May players can put down their nooses for now at least.

* OHK always has her run a fixed distance, which is such that it barely hits after max range fS. Tick-OHK is history. General consensus is that the move is completely worthless and people are pretty upset about it.

* It was falsely reported that 6H > Vert doesn't work anymore, but it does. Interesting new combo: 2D > S-Vert > H-Restive > FRC > 6H > Vert. No mention if the loop is possible from there.

Kedako made a huge detailed post on his Mixi blog today.

http://mixi.jp/view_diary.pl?id=1850039101&owner_id=1049423

Transcript for those who don't have/can't get Mixi accounts:

http://pastebin.com/bCVMQh5Y

It's a bit above my level so I'll leave the full translation to someone else, but I was able to glean a little information:

• He’s super pissed about the OHK and j.H changes. He thinks the Restive link is worthless.
  • Loops are pretty much unchanged. Any combo that doesn’t involve j.H is still possible.
  • Most of her other moves appear to be unchanged.
  • Damage comparison of 25% combos: Hori Launch combo is still the best. Derp.
    • 5K > Sweep > Jackhound > (cS > 5H > S-Vert)x2 > 5P > 5S > H-Vert: 218
    • 5K > Sweep > Hori Launch > (cS > 5H > S-Vert)x2 > cS > 5H > H-Vert: 249
    • 5K > Sweep > S-Vert > H-Restive > Hori Launch > (cS > 5H > S-Vert)x2 > 5P > 5S > H-Vert: 237
    • 5K > Sweep > S-Vert > H-Restive FRC > (cS > 5H > S-Vert)x2 > 5P > 5S > 5H > H-Vert: 242

We're May players...We can make it work. I just don't understand why would a character that takes alot of effort to play. She's not a Ky or a Sol. She does have a learning curve...

We're May players...We can make it work. I just don't understand why would a character that takes alot of effort to play. She's not a Ky or a Sol. She does have a learning curve...

Not too sure about Ky, but Sol does have a learning curve as well. SW loops are really spacing dependent for one. We ain't playing Ragna over in Sol-land. Now that I started learning Johnny though, I can say it's not a very steep learning curve, but I'd like to restate, we ain't playing Ragna.

Sol is just as easy as Ky. SW loops are spacing dependent...? I disagree with that whole post except about learning Johnny. My point is that May shouldn't be hit with a nerf bat due to the fact that she's not an easy character to play.

Sol is just as easy as Ky. SW loops are spacing dependent...? I disagree with that whole post except about learning Johnny. My point is that May shouldn't be hit with a nerf bat due to the fact that she's not an easy character to play.

They are, it's more about choose what you use to keep them in the air than just what you're going to hit them with at the end (it's sidewinder). I've played May as well, and she's not all that hard either. So far Johnny is probably the hardest to play/ win with so far out of all of them, then Sol, THEN May. Granted, I'm best with Sol, but I've been playing him forever. There is a learning curve with every character in this game. Have you ever played Sol? If not, then how do you know how difficult it may be? The real easiest character to learn is probably Jam (then once you've learned the difficulty suddenly jumps when people learn how to block. Mid-level and up with Jam can be pretty hard)

EDIT: By the way, just wondering what you mean about not disagreeing about learning Johnny? Do you mean you're encouraging me to learn Johnny? If so then thanks.

I've been playing Guilty since before Reload. Yes I kno how to play Sol and he's not a difficult character...May is harder then Johnny...Ky and Sol are the shoto's of the game, your basically saying Guy is easier to play then Ken and Ryu. Back to my May point...Nobody especially a Blazblue player is not gonna pick up May and learn her in 3 weeks, so why nerf a character that isn't easy to play...May is not a "pick up and go" character like Sol, Ky Jam etc just to name a few. Hopefully the don't keep these changes on her because its not needed. I do believe that Arc is doing this to test the ability of seasoned May players, but thats something I was thinking about...

I do encourage Johnny...I encourage people to play this game period...

I've been playing Guilty since before Reload. Yes I kno how to play Sol and he's not a difficult character...May is harder then Johnny...Ky and Sol are the shoto's of the game, your basically saying Guy is easier to play then Ken and Ryu. Back to my May point...Nobody especially a Blazblue player is not gonna pick up May and learn her in 3 weeks, so why nerf a character that isn't easy to play...May is not a "pick up and go" character like Sol, Ky Jam etc just to name a few. Hopefully the don't keep these changes on her because its not needed. I do believe that Arc is doing this to test the ability of seasoned May players, but thats something I was thinking about...

I do encourage Johnny...I encourage people to play this game period...

I never had a difficult time with May, but I guess it comes down to different people having different expirences. I personally don't feel May is more difficult than Johnny in anyway though, combo wise both are easy, but I feel that doing just about everything else is difficult with Johnny. Are you not a Blazblue player as well, just saying. I'll agree GG is the best though, even better than SG. Also, I don't play street fighter so I don't get the reference too much...sorry bout that. Besides, a character being easy to play has nothing to do with balence, May was a strong character so she was nerfed. Eddie is difficult to play as well (Execution is pretty bad with that one, and what to do to summon shadow safely/ if you're ever on defense) and he also had nerfs (and he probably needed them, being top teir and all). The reason other difficult characters like I-no didn't get nerfed is because they weren't considered to be quite as strong as May or Eddie.

To illustrate the whole different expirences for different players thing, I had a friend who practiced May for two weeks, and beat my Sol I'd been playing for a year (maybe it's because I didn't know how to fight against may though. The difference from match up to match up in this game is huge compared to BB. I feel I have to adopt a different mindset for every character, and I love it!!). For him it was a pick up and play expirence, though it may be more difficult for other people. I even knew a guy who had an easy time with I-no...on PAD ( I think he was double jointed or something, the only thing he does now is watch MLP though...)

I play BB unfortunately, so the reason why I referenced that game was because the time-frame for learning characters in that game is a lot less compared to Guilty...I don't know what level you play Guilty at, but I know it took me 6 months to understand the workings of May. A 2 week old May wouldn't have stood a chance against anybody. You've played Guilty for a year...I've played for 7 years so we have a huge gap in experience. If Arc is trying to shift the tops and bottoms of the tier list, then whatever I'll deal with a nerf May. Doesn't mean I have to like, I don't think she needed to be nerfed...

The guy learning I-No on pad...? I'll have to see that, but giving thats a feat that even certain Guilty greats have a problem doing on stick, I'll probably think he sucks. CL (JI) FRC is something he's not doing on a regular.

I play BB unfortunately, so the reason why I referenced that game was because the time-frame for learning characters in that game is a lot less compared to Guilty...I don't know what level you play Guilty at, but I know it took me 6 months to understand the workings of May. A 2 week old May wouldn't have stood a chance against anybody. You've played Guilty for a year...I've played for 7 years so we have a huge gap in experience. If Arc is trying to shift the tops and bottoms of the tier list, then whatever I'll deal with a nerf May. Doesn't mean I have to like, I don't think she needed to be nerfed...

The guy learning I-No on pad...? I'll have to see that, but giving thats a feat that even certain Guilty greats have a problem doing on stick, I'll probably think he sucks. CL (JI) FRC is something he's not doing on a regular.

I've played for longer than 1 year, just not all at once. And no, you don't have to like a character's nerfs. While I'm at it, just what about May was so hard for you? As for the I-no player, we were all really low level, he didn't have far to go to beat any of us In fact I think the reason he quit may just have been because he couldn't figure out how to get better than where he was at.

I started to play May in Slash, so when I was learning her I didn't have the luxury of FB's and "Lame Loops" so I had to learn to charge buffer, Jump Install while charging because with out those Slash May was really ineffective. AC May is alot easier to play because her FB's puts the opponent when they need to be for her to get off combos. Slash May had to FRC 2 or 3 times in a combo, which is why I like Slash May better...but basically I had to learn May from the ground up because I was the only person in my city that wanted to learn the character and other players didn't have charge character experience. I had to learn on my own. So if you play May and your not charge buffering, or JI'in then to me your not playing May and you won't get very far...

Updated OP W/ official change log for LOC#2.

Translations coming tonight

KYLE! <3 i'm back... i'm sorry... i almost betrayed the May spirit by switching... but.. then i played a little slash and reload... and.. i'm ready to rock! bring the nerf bats on! i'll break them!