Sign in to follow this  
Ril I am

Millia ACR Changes

Afaik FB disc is now guaranteed from the 22nd frame in the 2nd loctest. So no pseudo-reversals/blockstringextenders anymore :(

I saw one Millia trying to do Throw, dash 5Sf, j.P into whatever but didn't manage to work out anything useful.

You should be right about Longinus. The startup is so fast now that you can actually hit with it without having to hit with lust shaker itself (I saw 6K, 214S~214D being done, and it was a 2hit combo. He wasn't able to combo off it though (he tried dash 5kk), it might be possible but with very strict timing).

Actually, something that just came to my mind: Longinus might now be applicable for combos. I'm thinking launcher, aircombo, land, groundnormal, Longinus (wallstick at a greater height than what you get from comboing into it on the ground), relaunch.

^ yeah, that's sorta what I was thinking. Sticking it high might work out. Pretty excited about aerial FB disc decrease of start up frames, personally, as well as jc-able S(f). It'll all work out, though millia may become a bit more reliant on meter in general. That's my guess.

edit: and of course, I forgot to post this up here in case people missed it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-DGyIbP9NU

Edited by blitz

minlexx: i don't have a membership, and im too lazy to deal with the workaround =(

I do want to start posting up a seperate thread for "combos we know so far" to post what's in the vids with links to specific points in YT vids.

rele: I wonder if that wallstick combo could be continued in any way D: that would be sick !!!

edit: ^ called it.

Edited by blitz

- Back Dash - invincibility 7F -> 5F

- 6P - now jump-cancellable

- D - start-up 25F -> 27F, foot invincible 28-39F -> 30-41F

- f.S - now jump-cancellable

- 2S - no longer prorates, active frames 2F -> 4F

- 2H - now prorates 90%, untechable time 25F -> 20F, damage 40 -> 36

- j.S - start-up 10F -> 9F

- j.H - start-up 11F -> 12F

- j.D - wall bounce on hit, start-up 11F -> 17F, no jump cancel, damage 30 -> 48, lvl 3 -> 4, now prorates 80%

- ground throw - no longer has dizzy modifier

- Lust Shaker - recovery 5F -> 8F, cancel to Longinus, Iron Saviour, or Roll from frame 9 -> 8

- Froward Roll - 1-15F invincible except for the feet -> 2-3F low profile, 4-15F - very low profile, can pick up Hairpin during move, Millia is in CH state 1~15F

- S Silent Force - recovery total 16F -> 13F, untechable time 28F -> 33F

- H Silent Force - recovery total 21F -> 28F, untechable time 28F -> 33F

- Secret Garden - bubble guaranteed to come out after 52F

- FB Pretty maze - recovery 29F -> 33F, Millia is airborne from 1~20F, disk appears on frame 4 -> 22, FRC point 6-8F

- air FB Pretty maze - recovery 12F landing -> 23F total, start-up 15F -> 13F, disk appears on frame 6 -> 12, FRC point 4-6F, untechable 40F -> 50F

- Longinus (214D during Lust Shaker) - start-up 12F -> 5F, slides for 37F -> 26F

- Winger (214236H) - final hit slides opponent on hit (untechable for 60F, slides for 35F)

- K Silnet Force - new move, hairpin throw with framedata like S Silent Force, but different angle

- FB Secret Garden - new move, 214D + directions, 30x5 damage, 34F start-up, 18(8) active, total 68F recovery, Millia is airborne from 5F onwards, Millia is in CH state 1~25F and 55~68F, bubble appears on 30F, accepts up to 4 additional inputs to control direction of bubble from 6~41F, bubble passes through other projectiles, cannot perform another Secret Garden, Pretty Maze, or Tandem Top until 27F after bubble disappears

- j.2H - new attack, 22x3 damage, lvl 2, block HA, CR cancel, start-up 8F, active 4(2)6(2)4, 17F recovery, slams down opponent on air hit (untechable for 16F)

- air Winger (j.214236H) - new OD, 80 damage, 5 lvl, block HA, cancel R, 1+6F start-up, active until landing, 30F landing recovery, SD -13, initial prorate 70%, strike invincible 1~7F, slides opponent on hit (untechable for 60F, slides for 36F)

~~~Jwiki:

- hits, that were air dash cancellable can now be cancelled into air backdash

- c.S - wider hitbox

- j.S - GB- 10 -> 7

- j.H - cancellable from j.K, smaller hitbox

- j.D - 80% prorate, wall-bounce, untechable 23F -> 38F

- Lust Shaker - only 214S command

- Secret Garden - buble dissapears when Milia is hit

- FB Pretty Maze - GB+ 14x3 -> 0x3

-----------------1.10-------------

- Silent Force (j.214S/HS) - Millia can get the pin while blocking

- FB Secret Garden (214D) - Millia isn't in Counter Hit state while landing anymore

- Winger (air version) (j.2141236HS) - Throw invincible, Causes sliding in Counter Hit

----

done by frame data comparison and j wiki info. Changes labeled as "Jwiki" could not be confirmed by DL ACR frame data.

Edited by RoBoBOBR

DL ACR wiki was updated, so list was changed accordingly. Corrections:

- j.D wall bounce on hit and initial prorate 80%

- throw no longer has dizzzy modifier

Looks like they didn't break Millia at all, so that's good. I'm excited to start using her new Force Breaks in +R!

Got my hands on +R, and I can confirm (as if there wasn't enough evidence from the videos these past months) that you can't retrieve the pin right away, but there is a cooldown of a couple of seconds(?). Basically you can pick it up once it starts flashing/blinking again.

Off to test all new stuff and possibly her new combos.

Edited by Ronove

I also just managed to sit down and spend a few hours with +R Millia.

She's hardly broken (though we could've assumed that from Woshige's current ranking), but so far she just demands more at least compared to vanilla AC. She plays with a lot more limitations -- the shorter backdash invince, pin cooldown, the longer j.D startup are all new parameters to keep track of, makes her a much less forgiving character not that she was very forgiving to begin with. But she's got CH j.D wallbounce back and the old j.H #R oki back + tons of wallbounces in the corner means 4-way mixup all the time. And she's got a slew of new tools to tinker with.

tl;dr I'm happy

I'm loving that she's got back wallbounce j.D, because even though it got considerably slower it has become much more of a threat now and a good tool to bait bursts as well, IMHO. And I like the fact that her combos seems to be a tad little more universal and less character specific (though comboing on Johnny still requires to adjust timing). Plus she still has decent corner carry with her new j.2H relaunch combos (which I'd dare saying seem to be almost identical on the majority of the cast). Haven't managed to test FB Secret Garden though.

As for the K pin... honestly the only scenarios where I can picture using it is simply during a blockstring or with IAD crossups. S pin is still going to be used way more.

Also, regarding her combos: I've seen cases where Woshige (or maybe it was Nakamura) did 2H>jK>jH and I was wondering why given that 2H>jS>jH seems to hit properly (even on lightweight characters) and align the opponent better for ADC j2H.

Edited by Ronove

Yeah, j.2H relaunches do seem to be very simple to time across the cast, although I am having trouble getting a tensionless, pinless knockdown on lightweights e.g. Jam, Bridget but eh, that may come with more lab time.

From vids, FB Secret Garden is for full-screen pressure, meaty ball oki off 2D and pinless ball oki off j.2H. K pin is fantastic to TK on block since it completely stops your vertical momentum and it goes straight into j.S adc mixups.

Actually now that you reminded me of j.K j.H it's way easier to get knockdowns off j.K j.H versus j.S j.H on lightweights, on grounded 2H anyway. You can tap the whole combo asap and get the knockdown on Jam. That might be why; if you mistime your j.S j.H at all the lightweights will be too high to KD off j.2H. And of course, you'll need j.K j.H off like say an air-hit c.S or 6P.

Atm, my fuss is with air FB disc FRC. I still can't figure out what it could be for. Ground FB disc FRC seems cool you can sort of force another two mixups on block if the first mixup on oki didn't work with something like running 5K -> FB disc -> FRC -> j.K. The most I could think of with air FB disc FRC is to air backdash FB disc FRC for like a reverse Johnny KJT FRC.

Also, since I'm rusty with my iAD pin maneuvers, is there a significant difference between iAD K pin and iAD S pin? Seems like K pin does not stop the horizontal airdash momentum at any point. But I can't seem to *ahem* pin it down.

Actually now that you reminded me of j.K j.H it's way easier to get knockdowns off j.K j.H versus j.S j.H on lightweights, on grounded 2H anyway. You can tap the whole combo asap and get the knockdown on Jam. That might be why; if you mistime your j.S j.H at all the lightweights will be too high to KD off j.2H. And of course, you'll need j.K j.H off like say an air-hit c.S or 6P.

I need to get back to the lab and do some tests but from what I've been trying so far and by checking out videos I'd say that probably the jK jH route could be the best option when not going for the relaunch, where jS jH is good for that purpose. Also relaunch combos seem to almost need the pin ender else the opponent might tech too early. So given the changes done to the pin cooldown that might also be a reason why I see japanese players preferring to sacrifice damage/corner carry by doing simple j2H ender combos with no relaunch, I guess?

Makes sense, considering it's better to save the pin if for some reason, you lose the momentum and need to break in again.

It'd probably be better to end one Air Combo with Oki, then use your most crucial break in tool for a little extra damage.

Forget what I said, it is still possible to do relaunch combos even when doing jK jH.

I just tried it now vs Bridget, doing ground 5S 2H jK jH ADC j2H 5S 2H jH ADC j2H

doesn't even really need the pin ender because it almost litterally carries the opponent from one side to the other of the screen.

Now off to try this on air hitconfirms and antiair ones.

Edited by Ronove

Forget what I said, it is still possible to do relaunch combos even when doing jK jH.

I just tried it now vs Bridget, doing ground 5S 2H jK jH ADC j2H 5S 2H jH j2H

doesn't even really need the pin ender because it almost litterally carries the opponent from one side to the other of the screen.

Now off to try this on air hitconfirms and antiair ones.

This is good news! I really wish that the +R patch would come out soon, because it's pointless for me to practice any farther with Millia now because of her altered normals and combos.

It's not pointless! Her +R combos are not that different from her AC ones, you can perfectly practice on AC while waiting for the update, specially because outside of the cooldown on her pin her gameplay/approach hasn't really changed at all so you can comfortably learn all the important aspects (neutral, oki, hitconfirms). Not just that, but her +R combos are generally a little bit easier as well so if you can master her AC stuff you'll be totally fine with +R.

Back to +R stuff, I'm loving the new opportunity to hitconfirm aerial hits from jP or jK into j2H > relaunch. It's REALLY nice and it's much less of a headache. And if the opponent is too high above the ground we can still use FB Pretty Maze to slam them to wall for 6H oki (without using pin, since Pretty Maze replaces S pin) or even relaunch if we're going for max damage combo.

Things like jPx2 jK dj jK jH ADC j2H j236D 6H

or you can directly go straight for jP jH which is really good especially near the corner so that j236D allows a comfortable relaunch.

Oh and, it might be stupid but I need to get used to her 6p being jump-cancelable. I was so used to buffer 5S or 2H when doing antiair 6P and I forgot that now I should immediately be buffering a jump instead. :v:

Edited by Ronove

Sign in to follow this