Sign in to follow this  
SIne

I-no san's Accent Core Plus R changes

Can you confirm this? Can she do special cancel on SBTB via jump cancel?

I saw I-no on stream doing SBTB HS into SBTB HS (or S) and then combo.

Pretty sure I saw someone (possibly mynus, as they loved the stbt jump combos) do HS stbt into JI'd HCL frc airdash...

So I would think it's possible.

Mynus, do the CL's feel different? Air hcl had a huge duration increase, but I'm trying to figure out where exactly it got increaesed. Longer recovery? Just active longer?

Thanks for taking the time to go to these tests, btw.

Edited by 9TNine

Awesome, thanks Mynus. Hoping you get a chance to play around 6HS next time lol.

Oh, and did you do any playing around with HS Kyougen/dive? I noticed one I-No player was using it a bit it and kinda looked a bit more useful after all the changes.

Can you confirm this? Can she do special cancel on SBTB via jump cancel?

I saw I-no on stream doing SBTB HS into SBTB HS (or S) and then combo.

HS STBT is j.cancellable so yeah you can TK/JI another one off the first hit.

Mynus, do the CL's feel different? Air hcl had a huge duration increase, but I'm trying to figure out where exactly it got increaesed. Longer recovery? Just active longer?

Thanks for taking the time to go to these tests, btw.

Yeah no problem guys. It was lots of fun and experimentation with everyone. Air CL duration feels alot longer. Tested P kyougen fast-fall vcl combos and you can def tell. Not sure if fast-fall VCL is punishable on block cause i forgot to not frc it lol. I will test that too. HS kyougen is so much faster lol really good and hard to punish. New K kyougen untech time is amazing.

Some of these changes is godsend and yet other are just too much. I see I-no getting tier whore real soon and personally i don't want that.

so doe she still have her other super? the air one?

Some of these changes is godsend and yet other are just too much. I see I-no getting tier whore real soon and personally i don't want that.

so doe she still have her other super? the air one?

I-no will never be tier whore'd due to her learning curve/execution barrier. She wasn't tier whore'd in Slash when she was top 5/ top 3 arguably and she wont be again even if she is god-tier (which is what I want! More cheapness!)

Still has air-super of course.

On another note, i see why they prorated alot of her moves she does so much damage now its rediculous even with the prorations.

*AA 6P, 5S, j.S, FB kyougen -> cancel, iad j.HS, S kyougen,...ect - Yeah, its fullscreen corner to corner basically lol too good.

At first I was all :kitty: after seeing all the new changes, but then I'm all :sad: after realizing that it's still a beta test and they're most definitely gonna tweak/neuter some of her changes between now and release...

yep predicted full screen combos...and TGS is prolly right; they'll nerf her damage now that she has so much combo routes stbt being jc'able was what i wanted in accent core and now it is *OMG*

^^^lol that's why she got the proration. ^^^that's too good. sounds like it would be a better use of 25% tension then to FRC a normal ground note.

also IIRC, in vanilla u can actually go STBT (S) > 6P > 5H vs ky in the corner. I wonder with the changes to both stbt & 5h if this combo will be more universal?

also 2S seems to still be a wrecking ball.

Edited by Pestilence

If she can't actually cancel the move with an airdash, she can just use "stop" and dash out of it. It's like a 1-frame difference.

But yes. This is probably the best FB in the game now. Corner-to-corner push, restores jump options, some invincibility, cancels at any point during frames 6-60 without spending extra meter, which is quick enough to pull off 50/50 mixups like using her j.D but without the gap in block-pressure, lvl 4 move (dat blockstun and GB+ when setting up mixups). It's just insane.

If she can't actually cancel the move with an airdash, she can just use "stop" and dash out of it. It's like a 1-frame difference.

But yes. This is probably the best FB in the game now. Corner-to-corner push, restores jump options, some invincibility, cancels at any point during frames 6-60 without spending extra meter, which is quick enough to pull off 50/50 mixups like using her j.D but without the gap in block-pressure, lvl 4 move (dat blockstun and GB+ when setting up mixups). It's just insane.

Uhh what?

Am I missing something? Her Dive FB sucks.

Is there anything about it that's not good aside from the 80% forced prorate?

It costs money, -25% tension

Does like no damage

When used most effectively is situational at best, very little practical use.

It's good for what it is, but not the best of tools. I don't know how u could possibly declare this as the best FB in the game when even her other FB is much better.

It costs money, -25% tension

Does like no damage

When used most effectively is situational at best, very little practical use.

It's good for what it is, but not the best of tools. I don't know how u could possibly declare this as the best FB in the game when even her other FB is much better.

Nah RealBob is right. The force break is too good. Random j.p abare into corner carry + at least 35% dmg + KD -> free corner mixup. Plus random air dash shenanigans during pressure. How can you not see that it is the god?...

C'mon, simply compare what you get in AC to what you have been seeing in +R and its no contest. Midscreen j.D mixups become way better, plus who in the hell can corner carry corner to corner besides Jam off a random ryuujin?

If you have good neutral game hit confirms you will be taking full advantage if this move. It's bullshit good for her game. All for just 25% meter? Take my money.

While I don't know if I'd call it "the best" (mainly because I can't think of what that would be right now, especially with FB Drill being nerfed) I think it's definitely more viable now when you combine the double air-dash addition. As mentioned above, if anything it leads into "We're going to the corner now" with FB cancel+dash+2nd dash if necessary. The damage itself (while now slightly better, with a bit more invincibility to boot) may not be spectacular but it's the other perks it gives that help it out.

One big issue in AC with that FB was it often would put you at this awkward height in relation to the opponent where nothing afterwards is really a good choice and you couldn't really capitalize. Cancelling fixes that. In a game where a lot of the good FBs were able to be combo-ed after (BBU, Drill. etc.) or gave you a knockdown, FB Dive MAYBE gave you a combo extension... or it gave you a knockdown with the downside that you're now at the top of the screen and not able to really get much off it and fullscreen downward Dive wasn't a good remedy. I've always thought it should have the ability to cancel as it didn't make sense that you could elect to cancel BEFORE it releases and still lose the meter, but once it was out that was it. Just felt like a weird design decision because the FB certainly wasn't too strong as it was.

Not even the greatest example, but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=092NNjfA6SQ&list=PLGHNoxbVRyOkI0RN_NXlyZxngVBExPXve&feature=player_detailpage#t=761s EDIT: Ha, didn't even read Jais' post in order to realize this is the exact same example.

Don't get me wrong, FB note is awesome and was a pleasant surprise. But when I saw they gave her that I didn't expect them to really fix FB dive everything it needed either. Getting both? Sign me up.

(Side note from that video above too, HCL's new surrounding hitbox is weird looking and gets some stuff it looks like it shouldn't, but I'll take it!)

Edited by 9TNine

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that Force Breaks and Overdrives don't prorate your meter gain like RCs/FRCs, Faultless, and Dead Angles. So while you're not hitting I-No's max damage when you use FBdive, you get better meter than with HCL combos. You can also use it in the corner for some easy "unburstable" damage when you don't have 50% for Fortissimo. Cancel after the first hit into 2-3 VCLs since it'd be suicide to burst that high off the screen and give I-No a reset like that.

*edit* About HCL's hitbox. I think I saw it beat Sol's 2D out of the gate in a video that was uploaded to Goldenrody's channel within the last few weeks. Not sure exactly when since the days are bleeding together right now because of my work schedule. It could have been within the last month or the last 2 days. DERP

But yeah, you can't crouch under it at point blank range anymore.

Edited by TheRealBobMan

Midscreen j.D mixups become way better

That's an understatement. With the revamped FB, it basically becomes incredibly easy to confirm a hit or a block. If the j.D hit, you cancel after the first hit of the FB and you chase after them for a combo, and if the j.D is blocked, cancelling the FB after the first blocked hit will keep them in blockstun long enough(it's what, a lvl 4 attack i think?) so that you can either fall down for a low attack or airdash for a high. This is some crazy mixup potential. I can see myself using that quite a lot, the patch can't come soon enough.

I-no players have been doing that for the past 8 months...I highlighted that FB dive was really good back when I gave loketest reports.

Also I dont know if you guys have started to practice this or no but with the new HCL hitbox change, on corner oki you can meaty HCL > frc > j.k/j.d overhead; or frc > low.

Previously if you missed a vcl frc point that was your ass, but now HCL can be substituted which is plus on block point blank plus a lv. 5 move. Also can be tk'd low on oki > frc iad.

Sign in to follow this