Sign in to follow this  
SIne

I-no san's Accent Core Plus R changes

Oh yeah, Rhannmah brought something to my attention that could use some fixing in the wiki and frame data. There is now clearly a difference in the recovery of air VCL between AC and +R that needs to be reflected. In +R, VCL can recover in the air, allowing us to do two VCL's from super-jump height, or even three from FB.Dive height, before hitting the ground. Compare this to AC, where you only get one, and then everything is locked out until after hitting the ground. As such, it's clearly lost its old "Landing+13" recovery in the transition to +R.

I'm curious if the mook has the proper recovery data. You should check it out, mynus.

WOAH, WHAT? If there's no recovery on landing, we're back to having + on block FFVCL oki. That doesn't seem right though... I've been messing around with combos (trying to use j.D in IAD combos, didn't realize that you can't fastfall the VCL out of j.D even though you're still in airdash frames) and I still have issues where I input c.S too early after landing, when I'm clearly standing at neutral, but my input drops because I'm still in recovery.

Perhaps now it can recover in the air, but if you land the recovery frames continue on the ground, hence FFVCL in combos still having that odd window for linking into c.S or 5P?

Essay is right. I'll check to see if it is reflected correctly in the mook and wiki. The move total frames were increased, while the "you can't do anything afterwards" recovery frames were lessened.

Also VCL hits earlier now, (actual beam travel time is faster) ID combos in the corner have to be delayed slightly so you don't lose the untech time to juggle with c.S.

Last thing, idk if anyone else noticed but untech time on CH S STBT was shortened.

Perhaps now it can recover in the air, but if you land the recovery frames continue on the ground, hence FFVCL in combos still having that odd window for linking into c.S or 5P?

If I VCL high enough in the air that VCL recovers and then I hit the ground, I have absolutely no landing recovery, but if I do it at any of the heights where the recovery wears off, I feel like I have the same static recovery on landing that the ground version has. That's just going by feel, but my hunch is that it's still Landing+13 on recovery, but only if it doesn't first recover in the air. Maybe the recovery's something like: 11 frames OR Landing+13.

Whatever the case, this will make it a little less risky to zone with VCL high in the air. From anything higher than peak normal jump you can double-jump or airdash after (depending what you used to get that high in the first place), pretty much any special will combo versus air hit, and Fortissimo will pick up from a grounded hit.

New gimmick of the month: Wiff a high VCL on someone who thinks there'd be landing recovery and FB.Dive or Fortissimo through their approach. :lol:

Last thing, idk if anyone else noticed but untech time on CH S STBT was shortened.

Ah yes, this was annoying the hell out of me last time I played. :/

What in the world is a low-profile frame? A low hurtbox is a low hurtbox.

I wouldn't expect spoiled Axl or Sol players to understand that some moves DO only have certain frames of normals that count as "low-profile" ;)

Oh yeah, Rhannmah brought something to my attention that could use some fixing in the wiki and frame data. There is now clearly a difference in the recovery of air VCL between AC and +R that needs to be reflected. In +R, VCL can recover in the air, allowing us to do two VCL's from super-jump height, or even three from FB.Dive height, before hitting the ground. Compare this to AC, where you only get one, and then everything is locked out until after hitting the ground. As such, it's clearly lost its old "Landing+13" recovery in the transition to +R.

I'm curious if the mook has the proper recovery data. You should check it out, mynus.

See here to see why this is actually a huge buff:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?17113-I-No-Combo-Thread-%28Accent-Core-Plus-R%29&p=1546937&viewfull=1#post1546937

Edited by 9TNine

Sign in to follow this