Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

entnervt

Testament AC+R Changes

A thread for news and discussion regarding Testament in AC+R. I`ll edit news posted here in the op.

Thx to Dream Maker & Spirit Juice:

Testament:

- Hitomi (tree): command changed to 623S, can be done with 236S(?)

- Zeinest (web): command changed to 623H, can be done with 236H(?)

- Ruft Warrant: New move, command is 22 P or K. Doesn't hit, is only a warp.

- New FB phantom soul: command is 236D, tracks opponent.

- EXE beast - Can be held to hit after it is summoned. Can summon one while the other is charging. Both have FRCs Can still be done instantly, does 2 hits total.

- 6K hitbox appears to be smaller.

- Bad Lands range decreased, untechable time is apparently shorter, Bad Lands can no longer be looped.

GUILTY GEAR XX ΛCORE PLUS R PV - Testament

source: http://bitterharmony.se/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4480

Change list

5P

Hitbox above Testament decrease a little bit

2S

Buffed the upward hitbox

5HS

Sends the opponent flying vertically on air hit.

6P

Forces crouching state on hit.

Guard balance decreased from 10 to 7.

Move has been changed so that the hit occurs after a forward momentum.

Startup of the hit has gone from 8f to 15f.

Now gattlings from 5P, 5K, f.S, 2S.

Untechable time increased from 16f to 17f

Knockback from hit/block decreased a little bit.

3H

New move

2HS

FRC added (f 14 – 15)

6H

Forward hitbox increased a bit.

FRC time changed. FRC is now on f 17 – 21.

f.S

Untechable time changed from 14f to 15f.

Air Throw

You now gain a power up doll after the air throw (aka 1x power up for Zeinest and Hitomi)

LuftWarrent

New Move

BadLance

Guard balance changed from 5 x 2 to 10 x 2

Upward hitbox of the 2nd hit is now a bit bigger.

Hitstop of the first hit changed from 13f to 6f

Ground BadLance

startup changed from 16f to 17f

Float properties of the 2nd hit changed (floats a bit less, and sends the opponent flying a bit less).

Air BadLance

The float after the first hit is lowered a bit. And the float of the second hit is also lowered a bit, and the distance that it sends them flying is also increased.

All kinds of EXE BEEAST

The hit of the EXE beast now gets triggered by either: a set amount of frames OR perform a followup input

It also pushes your opponent further on hit and block.

If Testament gets hit when he is charging the beast, the beast gets tamed (aka it the exe beast disappears).

Note: Does not disappear if testament gets hit after releasing the beast.

FRC point changed:

S-EXE : from 13-15f to 11-13f

HS-EXE: from 13-14f to 11-13f.

HS-EXE

Startup changed from 16f to 35f.

-if you release it instantly that is.

Does no longer OTG relaunch.

S-EXE

Now moves a longer distance.

Active frames of hit increased from 19 to 23f

LuftWarrent

New move.

P Phantom Soul

Now travels a farther distance than before.

Starutp changed from 37f to 30f

HITOMI

FRC added. On Frame 16 – 18

OTG relaunch added (noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo) (Caer: Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees)

Does not get triggered if you set in right in front your opponent.

-only gets triggered when opponent is right above the tree

All kinds of ZEINEST

Startup changed.

Ground ZEINEST changed from 13f to 11f

Air Zeinest changed from 10f to 8f.

Now holds opponent for 2 more frames.

Positional hitbox of zeinest is now slightly diagonally upwards.

FB Phantom Soul

New move.

Grave Digger

Can now be air guarded (no more fd needed)

Landing recovery of 3frames added.

Opponent now floats higher on hit.

Startup decreased from 17f to 14f.

S-Nightmare Circle

New move

Thx Alzarath:

+R 1.10 Changes courtesy of Hitconfirm

- 5HS

* Increased time to cancel the move (Special Cancel)

- S EXE Beast (41236S)

* Faster recovery

* Increased tension gain

- Power-Up HITOMI (214S)

* Smaller hitbox

- Zeinest (214HS)

* Increased tension gain

Thx to RoboBOBR:

- H - vacuums on air hit, untechable 16F -> 18F

- 6P - now forces crouching state on hit

- 6K - start-up 8F -> 15F, untechable 16F -> 17F

- 6H - FRC point 25-29F -> 17-21F

- D - start-up 29F -> 31F

- 2H - FRC point added 14-15F

- throw - forced prorate 50%

- air throw - adds 1 MoP stock, forced prorate 50%

- Badlands (214P) - start-up 16F -> 17F, 1st hit has hitstop 6F

- air Badlands (j.214P) - 2nd hit has hitstop 6F

- S EXE Beast (41236S) - can delay attack for up to 82F by holding S, attack starts up 6F after button release, floats opponent on hit (untechable for 16F, on CH for 26F), start-up 22-81+6F, 20F active, total 42F recovery, SD -2 -> +12, beast no longer appears right when the command is entered, if Testament is hit during the Beast attack startup, the Beast disappears, Testament is in CH state 1-30F, pushes the opponent in the same direction the EXE Beast is moving

- H EXE Beast (41236H) - can delay attack for up to 82F by holding H, attack starts up 6F after button release, floats opponent on hit (untechable for 18F, on CH for 32F), start-up 23-82+6F, 16F active, total 40F recovery, SD +9 -> +13, beast no longer appears right when the command is entered, if Testament is hit during the Beast attack startup, the Beast disappears, Testament is in CH state 1-24F, pushes the opponent in the same direction the EXE Beast is moving, FRC 13-14F -> 2-9F, no longer ignores OTG

- Warrant (214K) - counter animation total 42F -> 52F, counters blockable attack on 4-19F -> 2-19F,

- HITOMI (214S) - FRC point added 16-18F

- HITOMI powered-up (214S) - FRC point added 16-18F

- Zeinest (214H) - start-up 13F -> 11F, traps for 46F -> 48F

- air Zeinest (j.214H) - traps for 46F -> 48F

- Zeinest powered-up (214H) - traps for 126F -> 128F

- air Zeinest powered-up (j.214H) - traps for 126F -> 128F

- Grave Digger (214D) - guard HLF -> all, start-up 17F -> 14F, added 3F landing recovery, airborne from 6F -> 3F,

- air Grave Digger (j.214D) - added 3F landing recovery

- 3H - new normal, 15x4 damage, lvl 3, block HLF, cancel CR, start-up 14F, active 2,2,(2),2,2, recovery 17F, SD -5, staggers opponent on ground hit (max 31F), 2nd hit onwards are special cancelable

- Ruft Warrant(22P/K) - new move, warrant-like teleport with no hit, total 42F, Testament teleports on 13F, Testament is in CH state from 1-12F

- FB Phantom Soul (236D) - marks even on block, 5 damage, lvl 2, 80F start-up, 180F active, total 35F recovery, goes through other projectiles, disappears if it goes off-screen, tracks opponent, disappears if Testament is hit, Testament is in CH state from 1-23F

- S Nightmare Circular (632146S) - new version of OD, same but comes out after delay, start-up 0+226, recovery is 21F total

-----

done by framedata comparisson

I think i saw that you can no longer combo into badlands from throw. Wonder if it will be possible to curse or anything. Video shows charge beast, teleport, release beast for crossup. Wonder how well this will work in practice. Also wonder if this can be used with tree oki, or if tree oki even works. Also note on bl, says air bl knocks away too far, drastically reducing the number of possible loops. I'll double check but i think that's the wording used so loops not necessarily totally impossible at this point, or inconclusive.

Hs exe "hikihagashi" removed. i think this is launch/lift/knockback that hs beast causes on normal hit. The term literally means "tear off" and the only other occurrence of the term in the wiki is where the property(+knockdown) is added to kliff's 2h.

Edit: the more i think of it, it's more likely that pickup from kd was removed. That would also explain kliff's "down hikihagashi" on his 2h. Oh well, we didn't need that awesome property anyway.

-couldn't sweep>bl (bl startup increased?)

-even if you don't hold the button, beasts pause after summon.

-front beast, guaranteed to come out after you hold the button.( i assume if you're holding the button, you get hit, then release, beast still comes out.)

source: http://bitterharmony.se/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4480

Change list

5P

2S

Buffed the upward hitbox

5HS

Sends the opponent flying vertically on air hit.

6P

Forces crouching state on hit.

Guard balance decreased from 10 to 7.

Move has been changed so that the hit occurs after a forward momentum.

Startup of the hit has gone from 8f to 15f.

Now gattlings from 5P, 5K, f.S, 2S.

Untechable time increased from 16f to 17f

Knockback from hit/block decreased a little bit.

3H

New move

2HS

FRC added (f 14 – 15)

6H

Forward hitbox increased a bit.

FRC time changed. FRC is now on f 17 – 21.

f.S

Untechable time changed from 14f to 15f.

Air Throw

You now gain a power up doll after the air throw (aka 1x power up for Zeinest and Hitomi)

LuftWarrent

New Move

BadLance

Guard balance changed from 5 x 2 to 10 x 2

Upward hitbox of the 2nd hit is now a bit bigger.

Hitstop of the first hit changed from 13f to 6f

Ground BadLance

startup changed from 16f to 17f

Float properties of the 2nd hit changed (floats a bit less, and sends the opponent flying a bit less).

Air BadLance

The float after the first hit is lowered a bit. And the float of the second hit is also lowered a bit, and the distance that it sends them flying is also increased.

All kinds of EXE BEEAST

The hit of the EXE beast now gets triggered by either: a set amount of frames OR perform a followup input

It also pushes your opponent further on hit and block.

If Testament gets hit when he is charging the beast, the beast gets tamed (aka it the exe beast disappears).

Note: Does not disappear if testament gets hit after releasing the beast.

FRC point changed:

S-EXE : from 13-15f to 11-13f

HS-EXE: from 13-14f to 11-13f.

HS-EXE

Startup changed from 16f to 35f.

-if you release it instantly that is.

Does no longer OTG relaunch.

S-EXE

Now moves a longer distance.

Active frames of hit increased from 19 to 23f

LuftWarrent

New move.

P Phantom Soul

Now travels a farther distance than before.

Starutp changed from 37f to 30f

HITOMI

FRC added. On Frame 16 – 18

OTG relaunch added (noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo) (Caer: Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees)

Does not get triggered if you set in right in front your opponent.

-only gets triggered when opponent is right above the tree

All kinds of ZEINEST

Startup changed.

Ground ZEINEST changed from 13f to 11f

Air Zeinest changed from 10f to 8f.

Now holds opponent for 2 more frames.

Positional hitbox of zeinest is now slightly diagonally upwards.

FB Phantom Soul

New move.

Grave Digger

Can now be air guarded (no more fd needed)

Landing recovery of 3frames added.

Opponent now floats higher on hit.

Startup decreased from 17f to 14f.

S-Nightmare Circle

New move

I can't wait to see the "new" Testament in action. So much interesting stuff.

Yes, from what I've seen it seems, that he's going to zone more. The Exe Beast was not used for pressure, it seems to be oki only now. Nets move the opponent higher on catch. I haven't watched the entire stream, but I have not seen much usage of the new warrant. The fb-skull is awesome, if they don't change it. It curses and poisons on hit AND on block and travels far. BL-Loop is definitely not possible. The usability of holding the beasts was imo not seen yet. And he can hold back Nightmare Circular. The superscreen activates and turns back to normal, then he can move freely and release the move later, if I've seen correctly. I've seen it only once.

If they make him a zoner like in the revisions before AC, they should buff his dmg-output.

Can we edit first post now that the game is out?

Some observations from mikado videos:

still possible to 1hit, land, relaunch. still possible to loop a little but it's different. #r, / p skull returns, so sweep into otg skull, or into beast for oki

can't seem to combo into beast at all. opponents are blocking when beast starts because they're used to the old game and then when they see that it's not hitting them right away, they press a button and then get hit, but this will change as soon as people get used to it and just learn to punish when he tries to pressure beast

saw counter 5h combo into forward beast. saw 5h not combo into bl while 6k does... maybe spacing? no way 6k is the same lvl attack as 5h is there?

throw, 5s, 6k, bl, 2h, bl confirmed on potemkin

5s, 6k seems like a useful gatling.

Still have yet to see luft warrant applied. Also trying to see what the recrecovery on beast is, and if it's possible to delay still (whoever that is on the video doesn't ever seem to delay the beast release)

http://www.twitch.tv/joniosan/b/333400368 Testament play starts at 1:17ish. 2H frc at 1:21:44. I did not know he had this.

He also uses new nightmare circular. Seems pretty cool. Comes out no matter what. Basically restricts your opponent from occupying the space it will cover for a certain amount of time, kind of like a Faust bomb, but it only hurts your opponent.

Wonder if inputting delayed nightmare circular on knockdown gives you enough time to safe jump or something so you can pressure on wakeup, and cancel into teleport, or jump cancel for iad when the circular comes out.

BTW, new phantom soul force break is annoying as hell. It follows you for a LONG TIME! and it is unblockable. Think of original BB Arakune cloud curse. Touch it and you are cursed. Avoiding it is a pain in the ass. It won't hit you if you are crouching (at least not Faust but he crouches low), but it will sit and hover over your head, so if Testament is pressuring you and does an overhead, you pretty much either eat the overhead and then get cursed, or just block high and get cursed lol. Fighting Testament feels probably the most different out of any of the other cast changes.

^ did not realize it was unblockable! I've seen a lot of people just crouching it but didn't realize they couldn't just block it. Thanks for the update, bro.

Yes tree does relaunch on otg hit. I wonder if it's possible to [tree, badlands, tree, badlands]xN like net loops in ac.

^ did not realize it was unblockable! I've seen a lot of people just crouching it but didn't realize they couldn't just block it. Thanks for the update, bro.

Yes tree does relaunch on otg hit. I wonder if it's possible to [tree, badlands, tree, badlands]xN like net loops in ac.

yeah, it's been unblockable since first loc test...though I think it used to poison on block too

and it's not really unblockable, it just curses on block

just from watching test, he seems pretty strong still

I'll miss forward exe beast, but I'll be the first to admit it was one of the most bullshit moves in a fighting game ever

In AC Testament was able to zone and to rush the opponents. My first impressions after reading the changes during the loketests were that he would really get back to his roots, but what I've seen until now on jonio's streams makes me change my opinion. To me it seems he is played more like in AC than in #reload e.g. You can of course play him zoning the opponent or switch to play him aggressive. Charging S Exe in combination with the new Warrant seems to be very good for pressure. And throwing a FB skull before that makes his pressure almost absurd.

In AC Testament was able to zone and to rush the opponents. My first impressions after reading the changes during the loketests were that he would really get back to his roots, but what I've seen until now on jonio's streams makes me change my opinion. To me it seems he is played more like in AC than in #reload e.g. You can of course play him zoning the opponent or switch to play him aggressive. Charging S Exe in combination with the new Warrant seems to be very good for pressure. And throwing a FB skull before that makes his pressure almost absurd.

Hmm, maybe you're right, but so far I don't see him getting the same crazy damage off of random hits, and he can't just forward beast every time he's in trouble and get at least an advantageous trade, so I think that's kind of a big difference. Even before AC he could mount some kind of pressure with frc beast, but now your opponent does have more of an opportunity to escape if he sees a beast coming, but of course you can just release the beast later if they end up back within range of it when they try to jump out or something. Instead of keeping them in block stun like in AC, you're creating situations where they don't know how to react, but have more time to do something if they can guess right. Although the fb skull just seems to keep them from being able to do anything.

After watching the above videos, I've noticed some excellent pressure with the bird, but I also noticed several times where Johnny simply jumps out because testament has no bar and all he can do is cancel into a beast that's not going to hit him any time soon. Also wonder if testament can be thrown out of his teleport when he appears next to the opponent like he can regular warrant.

I didn't mean that he is as strong as in AC, but he is still able to rush and to zone. Maybe it's just because the players have still the AC-habits in their playstyles. His dmg-output is surely not like in AC, that's for sure, but maybe longer and more efficient combos will be found.