Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dont_Explain

Chipp's AC+R Changes

Buffs

Normals

- f.S startup reduced from 7f→6f

- 6K has a FRC point just before the attack hits

- removed forced proration on 5H

- 6HS on air hit sends to ground and they bounce off the ground letting you do IAD combos

Special Moves

- FB Alpha Blade: New FB, command is D at the end of 236P (similar to Alpha Plus), causes wallbounce allowing 5S>5HS>IAD combos or 5S>2HS>22HS/D combos.

- FB Beta Blade: New FB, command is 623D, does two uppercuts: first one does 1 hit, second one does 3 hits. Can OTG

- FB Gamma Blade (41236D): new FB, holds opponent longer than normal Gamma Blade.

- j.623S floats higher on hit

- 214K - if the command is input again while active, he becomes even harder to see; reappears after blocking an attack

- 41236K has strike invincibility while invisible

- 22S FRC added, just after he reappears; reappears slightly higher than before

- 41236K→D - falls faster; landing recovery reduced from 5f→0f. Can also cancel into walldive from this move

- 632146H now completely invincible from 1~30f

- 236236K - startup changed from 7f+0f → 1f+2f; first hit now hits lower***

- (FRC after 236S>236K?) after FRC, can now double jump or airdash

Misc

- Triangle Jump (wall dash) - no longer in CH state during movement; if a direction other than forward is input, the angle is steeper

- Canceling j.2K with Slashback rather than FD results in different changes in air momentum

- Can cancel j.HS(1), and maybe other air normals, into walldive

Nerfs

Normals

- 5H startup increased from 7f→8f

- j.D forced 80% proration

- j.HS: added unknown % proration (Patch 1.10)

Special Moves

- Shuriken guard bar increase is zero; is now in CH state during the action

- j.623S landing recovery has increased by 3f

Unsure

- 22H and 22D searches for opponents location up to 2f before reappearing

i'll put this here as well

Chipp

f.S - startup reduced from 7f→6f

5H - startup increased from 7f→8f; removed forced proration

6K - FRC point just before the attack hits

j.D - forced 80% proration

Triangle Jump (wall dash) - no longer in CH state during movement; if a direction other than forward is input, the angle is steeper (?)

穿踵(?) - after FRC, can now double jump or airdash

Shuriken (air taunt)- guard balance increase is zero; is now in CH state during the action

41236K - has strike invincibility while invisible

214K - if the command is input again while active, he becomes even harder to see; reappears after blocking an attack

22S - FRC added, just after he reappears; reappears slightly higher than before

j.623S - landing recovery has increased by 3f; floats higher on hit

22H and 22D - searches for opponents location up to 2f before reappearing

41236K→D - falls faster; landing recovery reduced from 5f→0f

632146H - now completely invincible from 1~30f

236236K - startup changed from 7f+0f → 1f+2f; first hit now hits lower

What does the 22H/D change mean? Does it track better or worse now?

If he looks for them up until the 2 frames before he appears, then that sounds like he tracks them better unless he searched during every frame before reappearing, but I'm not sure.

well, to get some discussion doing, i'll comment on the changes.

- the new force Breaks: they don't seem to me like they will have much of an impact, save for the Alpha Plus followup. The problem with the gamma FB is that you can't cancel into it, which means you need to gamble for 25% tension. Beta FB is just a better SRK, no idea why you would need that when you can srk FRC in the first place and probably be safer. Alpha Plus FB looks interesting, but comboing into ground Alpha isn't as easy as comboing into IAA, and you need to be somewhat close to the corner for the FB to make any sense - I guess we'll have to wait and see how useful it is.

- f.S startup reduced from 7f→6f: back to its old Guilty Gear X data. Probably only significant for zoning / relaunches.

- 6K has a FRC point just before the attack hits: looks like a complete gimmick to me. You can link off of 6K anyway vs. crouching opponents or as a meaty, as hard as it is, but this seems like a waste of tension.

- removed forced proration on 5H: a welcome (minor) change, this has always annoyed me. Now anti-air 5HS counter hits will lead to slightly better combos.

- Triangle Jump (wall dash)- no longer in CH state during movement; if a direction other than forward is input, the angle is steeper: sounds awesome, could make the low option (land, instant 2D) a lot easier to apply, since you would be closer to your opponent if the angle was steeper.

- (FRC after 236S>236K?) after FRC, can now double jump or airdash: another Gimmick. Back in Reload, we used to jump install before the rekkas to fool around with this, so trust me, it's a gimmick.

- 214K - if the command is input again while active, he becomes even harder to see; reappears after blocking an attack: no idea, but it could be decent in matches where you have the time to use it twice.

- 41236K has strike invincibility while invisible: most people air throw this anyway, so even though you don't just eat a brutal anti air combo anymore doesn't mean this move has become more viable. Maybe there's some gimmicky way to use this to go through some moves during your opponents Pressure etc. at certain times, we'll see.

- 22S FRC added, just after he reappears; reappears slightly higher than before: the "appearing" higher actually sounds like a nerf to me, even though you can air alpha after the frc because of it. If your landing recovery is increased after back tele, using it in a chain for runaway might be a little less safe than before. Again, remains to be seen.

- 41236K→D - falls faster; landing recovery reduced from 5f→0f: sounds awesome, there might be new relaunches with S© possible because of this. There used to be one jam bnb where you could fit in 41236->D and pick her up with S©, but it was a 1f link, maybe stuff like that now works against some of the characters than can be juggled with a HS after 236S.

- 632146H now completely invincible from 1~30f: duh.

- 236236K - startup changed from 7f+0f → 1f+2f; first hit now hits lower: sounds good, the super had a tendency to miss in between hits and get you killed. No idea if this change would make me use it more, though.

Nerfs

- 5H startup increased from 7f→8f no idea if this is significant in long combos (if they can tech in between any of the slashes and HS after a while), but i doubt it, so it's mostly a nerf for zoning etc.

- j.D forced 80% proration: as much as this pains me, it was to be expected. Chipp having easy damage off of anything? NEVER! :(

- Shuriken (air taunt)- guard balance increase is zero; is now in CH state during the action: sounds a little unnecessary to me, it's not like the shuriken can be abused, really, it disappears anyway if chipp gets hit and doesn't have true projectile properties.

- j.623S landing recovery has increased by 3f: no more taccos?

Unsure

- 22H and 22D searches for opponents location up to 2f before reappearing: no idea, but it sounds like a buff.

- j,623S floats higher on hit: That's a buff (and maybe taccos arent gone after all!). Sometimes when you air alpha during combos and your opponent neutral techs, you're at a clear disadvantage (not punishable, but at a disadvantage anyway), if it now floats higher, you have more time to recover before they land on your head.

Another change I saw was 6HS on air hit smacks them on the ground and they bounce up. Here's a video so you can see and maybe judge for yourself if it's a buff or nerf.

You obviously can't just jump cancel and combo anymore, but maybe you can do IAD combos and those seem to be better but I haven't seen it yet. I'll check back through the videos I've watched and hope that I missed it.

Another change I saw was 6HS on air hit smacks them on the ground and they bounce up. Here's a video so you can see and maybe judge for yourself if it's a buff or nerf.

You obviously can't just jump cancel and combo anymore, but maybe you can do IAD combos and those seem to be better but I haven't seen it yet. I'll check back through the videos I've watched and hope that I missed it.

i've seen samitto combo into 6HS -> iad.j.P,D,alpha after a corner alpha FRC, since the height after ground bounce is just perfect for an iad. combo. that's a minor damage buff i really like.

i've seen samitto combo into 6HS -> iad.j.P,D,alpha after a corner alpha FRC, since the height after ground bounce is just perfect for an iad. combo. that's a minor damage buff i really like.

Alright added that to the list of buffs as well as making it a bit more organized.

at 10:15 he went for a new Impossible Dust combo with 6HS, but missed the IAA. Would have did some nice damage, especially by Chipp standards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH7rW9GvZXc&feature=g-u-u

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9jYUjgqaCQ&feature=g-u-u

more samitto matches. it seems like chipp is now allowed to cancel wall dive off of normals, samitto does j.HS(1) -> wall dive against a cornered johnny. i couldn't do it when i tried it in AC. also, the slashback cancel after airdash seems to be different / faster now? his iad. SBC j.HS angles look all weird in the matches (weird as in: better).

update: can wall dive off of force break °_° samitto vs zappa: combo into 2D,236S,236K, HS, force break, walldive j.D.

newest mikado vids have samitto chipp, showing off some new tricks:

• you can 236236K after throw now, since it hits lower and has 3f startup, it's a legit combo.

• against standing justice, combo into HS, iad.j.P,S,HS(1 Hit),\/, combo is legit. awesome.

holy crap, just saw this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=goVEdJXTeKc#t=2654s

apparently, not only can you wall dive after normals now, you can do it after force break as well °_° i just tested in AC by using an RC after force break, and you need a jump install in order to be able to wall dive. he could easily do that during the HS before the force break. we'll see if that's necessary once R is out.

Bit of a proofread for 1st post.

6K in ACR frame data has no prorate, while in AC it has 75%

5H had regular proration, not forced

ACR data has no mention of 6H ground bounce on air hit

2K shows CR in "cancel" - meaning it no longer cancels into self

no mention of 2H in 1st post, changes are: active 9F -> 10F, recovery 18F -> 19F, prorate 90% -> 80%, untechable 28F -> 30F

j.D also damage 40 -> 32, proration listed as regular, not forced

ACR data still lists 5H as 7F start-up

22S total duration listed as 34F (31F in AC), but can cancel into attacks from 31F. Also FRC restores jump options

41236K→D landing recovery listed as 3, not 0.

632146H is also strike invincible 31-33F

wall dash - can input additional air movements from 12F (AC was 13F)

Only fake shuriken has CH state, also wiki tells that GB- values are zero, not guard bar increase - and that's a buff, also Success Shuriken startup is 8F (10 in AC) and recovery is 16+3 (18+3 in AC)

"22H and 22D searches for opponents location up to 2f before reappearing" - in AC they search up to 1F before reappearing, thus in AC+R it's harder to track opponent while he moves. So it's a nerf.

Also D start-up is 25F -> 27F

--

Also J wiki has some comments not clarified by frame data -

- 2H - better hitbox at the top, attack fully extends on 13F -> 12F

- after ground throw you can connect FB Beta blade or Banki Mesai (236236K) on all characters but Pot. Super wont connect on

- air Alpha blade - GB- 7 -> 10

i have scans of the AC+R mooks here that say that 6K still prorates 75%. the other stuff you posted seems correct, as far as i can tell (cant read kanji).

edit: 6hs does definitely cause ground bounce on air hit in R, and it says so in my scans (28f, 46f on ch)