Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ekiso

vs. Johnny

This is another match up I have trouble with. My main problem is Johnny's j.Hs is difficult to anti-air for me, because some times he'll look like he's jumping at me, then double jump out of 6p or 6s and ensenga or divine blade (depending where he ends up) so it's difficult to know when to commit to an anti-air. Other things 've noticed is that Johnny always has frame advantage, I think it has to something to do with Mist Stance (I think he said he cancels his strings into mist stance ans presses hs to cancel mist finer). He also seems to have a pretty identical optimal range to Briget. I'll be almost half a screen away, and I'll get hit by Johnny's f.S out of the Roll trying to put some space between us. And one more weird thing, some times I feel like Jackhound has more stun than other times? Like some times I can mash out before he combos me, and other times I can't. Also, some times I'll block a max range f.S and Johnny'll wave dash or 6kfrc at me and throw, is there something I can do about this? Thank you in advance for your input.

I'm the troublesome Johnny.

I'm not to sure of how to do anything with Bridget other than poke, but I can tell you that Jackhound stagger is different if you're in mist stance or in a mist stance dash. The reason you could mash out sometimes was because I got regular or mist stance Jackhound instead of mist stance dash jackhound which has maximum stagger. It was because my execution on MSDJH was bad that mashing out worked sometimes, and got nothing other times.