Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toanenadiz

[CSE] Lambda Combo Thread v2

(midscreen) (anti-air)

2DD > 6C > 236236D > 236D~C > 214D > 236C > Dashing 5C[8] > 4B[#2 only] > 2DD > air ender

- if you get into the corner, 5C[8] > 6C > 6DD > 2DD > air ender is fine for now.

(midscreen to corner)

5DD > 236236D > Dashing 236D > Dashing 214D~C > 6C > 236C > Dashing 4B[#2 only] > 2DD > TK > 6DD > 2DD > air ender

- the 6C > 236C > Dashing 4B[#2 only] happens when you're very near the corner. When you're doing the Dashing 4B[#2 only], you're actually running out of the corner and doing 4B (since 236C leaves Lambda in the corner when she does 236C in corner combo's)

Just some more damaging combo's that are a bit harder. Another note about 236236D combo's is that you can do 236236D > (Dashing) 236D~C, or you can do a Dashing 236D, with the Dashing being optional for 236D~C (when you're midscreen). I recommend using Dashing 236D~C for now.

Dashing 236D, if it's necessary.

You could improve it to AA CH 6A > Dashing 3C > 214A > 236C > (Dashing) 236D > Dashing 214D~C > 214D > (5C[1]) > 6C > 214D > 4B[#2 only] > 2DD > TK > 6DD > 2DD > air ender

I assume that the 236C > 236D doesn't need a dash because gravity will slow the ascent toward the wall. Wouldn't work on Ragna/Tager of course.

I would like better combos, although I'm not that good with Lambda yet (despite her supplanting Valk as my main). I'll keep them for reference.

Staple midscreen combos would be

j.B > j.C > 3C > 214A > stuff.

2B > 3C > 4B > 2DD > 214A > stuff.

2B > 3C > 214A > stuff.

5D > 236B > RC > 5DD > 236C > stuff.

2147D > RC > stuff.

2B > 2C > 5C > 6C > 236B.

2B > 2C > 5C > 3C > 236D.

4B[2] > 2DD > 214A > stuff.

grab > stuff.

These would be the basic combos a Lambda would need to know for midscreen. Of course the "stuff" is whatever you want.

Staple midscreen combos would be

air-dashing j.B > j.C > 3C > 214A > stuff.

2B > 6B > 4B > 2DD > 214A > stuff.

- if you can hitconfirm that the opponent is crouching, use 4B.

2B > 3C > 214A > stuff.

5DD > 236B > RC > 5DD > 236C > stuff.

2147D > RC > stuff.

2B > 2C > 5C > 6C > 236B.

2B > 2C > 5C > 3C > 236D.

4B > 2DD > 214A > stuff.

grab > stuff.

These would be the basic combos a Lambda would need to know for midscreen. Of course the "stuff" is whatever you want.

Fixed.

I meant a Dashing 236D for characters that need it. The Dashing 236D is necessary for Ragna, of course. I'd assume that one could do a Dashing 236D for other characters that it works on, although it just makes some combo's unnecessarily harder IMO.

That's funny, I'm not even sure where that 2B > 3C > 4B > etc came from, because it's not possible lol. I think I was thinking of two combos at once, happens a lot to me. Anyways, thanks for the fix Over.

Though I say you can do 236D without dashing to make it easier, I've never actually performed the combo online, it's fairly impossible for me. Kind of like 214D~C > 214D corner combo. Net does some crazy things.

To those who are actually interested in learning Lambda's damaging combos, a good tip to note is that you should consider the easier aspects of a combo over the harder versions. In most situations, it is ten times better to go for the easier bits--i.e 5C[8] in a combo--than attempting the dreaded 5C[1], because you'll fail almost everytime unless you're uber, unlike me. The rule of thumb I always use for Lambda is that if her combo ever breaks, consider the round over, haha.

To each his own. It also helps that I play against a lot of characters where I don't have to do the Dash for 236D. I'm confident that you could pull off something like this, Ached:

(midscreen) 5DD > 236B > RC > 5DD > 236C > 236D > Dashing 214D~C > 5C[8] > 4B[#2 only] > 2DD > air ender

- something to play around with. I'm not sure how it fares against other non-Gravity, meterless, 5DD > 236B > RC combo's.

(midscreen to corner) 5DD > 236B > RC > 5DD > 236C > 236D > Dashing 214D~C > 214D > 5C[1] > 6C > 214D > 4B[#2 only] > 2DD > TK > 6DD > 2DD > air ender

- I recommend just going for 4B[#2 only] > 2DD > air ender in these cases. The proration is just too low to risk such a difficult link.

(mid-screen to corner) 5DD > 236B > RC > 5DD > 236C > 236D > Dashing 214D~C > 5C[1] > 6C > 214D > 4B[#2 only] > 2DD > TK > 6DD > 2DD > air ender

- an example of a toned down version that still does respectable damage.

- most of the combo's that I post are optimal, or very close to it. If you try a combo and find it too hard, just tone it down a level.

Most times when I do 5D it's to 236B. So the combo would be something like 236B > RC > 5DD > etc, do you think the prorate would be good enough to actually do 4B[2] > 2DD > 2147D > 6DD > etc?

I did not know you could link 236C into 236D from those midscreen RC combos. If should be more efficient than the normal version I use and give a good bit more heat.

The combos themselves aren't the tough part for me, most cases since I know most, it's usually an issue of my character not dashing properly because of my weak controller. Though something like 214D~C > 214D seems like it would be rough to time online. Also another rough combo is 5C > 4B, because getting the spacing right is torture.

For the second combo, yes, the proration's good enough for the TK > 6DD > 2DD > air ender. But it's way too hard to be practical in a match, IMO. It's just there to show that it's possible. If I drop a corner combo, it's usually at the TK > 6DD. I've lately been doing a lot of 5C[8] > 4B[#2 only] > 2DD > air ender as an easier alternative.

Online finds a way to screw up almost everything, so I guess that's another case where you'd usually opt for an easier alternative.

Yes, online does do that. A lot of times, I become a gambling man attempting some of Lambda's harder combos. I'd probably never try CH 2C > j.DD > jc > j.2DD > j.214D~C > falling j.2C > 2DD > stuff.

This may be an impractical midscreen to corner combo CH 236B > RC > 236C > stuff, but without the 5DD near the beginning I think it would allow of an easy TK > 6DD > 2DD > ender. Impractical because the RC has to be almost at the moment the counter 236B hits, and counter 236Bs rarely happen. In most cases when it does happen, it screws up the sync with my combos.

A situational practical midscreen combo could be a FC 214A starter. It's best used against DP punishes, it has a 13f start up, slightly more if you have to run up to get the hit in, but it does make for Lambda's most potent punish. Though some of the better ones are quite tricky to do online, the whole dashing 214D~C > 214D stuff, so I would honestly recommend leaving the 214D out. 214D~C after 236D should hit from wherever you're standing after FC 214A > 236C > 236D > 214D~C, and you should be able to run up and do things like 5C and what have you.

Just an idea of what the combo looks like. FC 214A > 236C > 236D > 214D~C > 214D > 5C[8] > 4B > 2DD > 2147D > dashing 6DD > 2DD > j.DD > j.2DD > jc > j.DD > j.2DD > j.214D. Should be about 6k dmg or more easy. You can also change the 4B follow up to 6C > 5DD > 2DD > 2147D > 6DD > 2DD, prorate should be good enough to allow it. Though might be tough on small hitbox characters.

Another situation starter is Legacy Edge. Something like 236236D > dashing 214D~C > 214D > 5C[1] > 6C > 236D > 214D~C > 214D > 5C[8] > 4B > 2DD> 2147D > 6DD > 2DD > j.DD > j.2DD > jc > j.DD > j.2DD > j.214D. Might be 7k-8k on that, not sure. Pretty impossible to do the 214D~C unless they're fairly close to the corner. I would leave out the 214D~C midscreen to corner. You should be able to catch them with 214D regardless of where they're hit from, it's just a matter of positioning the opponent for the 5C > 6C > 236D follow up.

Some other situational combos would be Calamity Sword, if the opponent is near the corner. FC 632146D > 5C[1] > 6C > 236D > 214D~C > 5C[8] > 4B > 2DD > sj > j.DD > j.2DD > jc > j.DD > j.2DD > j.214D. Probably the most efficient use out of the reversal though getting a person in it when you're not in the corner would be tough (and a waste of heat). I would be interested in knowing if you're in the corner then, FC 632146D > dashing 214A > crossthrough > 6C > 236C > 236D, not sure if it would actually work. But if it does, I'd say that's the most efficient use of Calamity Sword, as it also puts the opponent in the corner.

If you're opting for 632146D > 5C[1] > 6C, then we can assume it's an FC. Why not FC 632146D > 5C[1] > 6C > 236D > 214D~C > 236C > Dashing 4B[#2 only] > 2DD > TK > 6DD > 2DD > air ender (unless you accidentally omitted the 236C)?

Since FC 632146D > Dashing 5C can work, I can't see why a Dashing 214A wouldn't. The only problem would be that it's kinda hard to do. You could try a Dashing 3C > 214A instead.

Another thing to try out is FC 632146D > 5DD > 236C > Dashing 5C[8] > 4B[#2 only] > 2DD > air ender. Not too hard, with a pretty decent reward.

Yes, sorry, late edit. For FC 632146D > 5C[1] > 6C > 236D > 214D~C etc, I wasn't entirely sure if you could do more dmg with 236C in that case, based on the P1 of Calamity. It would be something to play around with now that I know. The TK > 6DD ender is also weird, because it looks like it wouldn't work, but I don't have the game nearby to actually test it out.

If it works, I think it could be an effective way to get your opponent in the corner off a reversal. Looks fun to actually do in a pinch, and it's quite flashy to say the least. Do you think the 236C > 236D will connect. If it does, the ender should be TK > 6DD, since the one you provided above added it in as well. Actually when I visualize it, I think Lambda will slam into the wall with 236C so doing 236D follow up won't work. Well, it depends on her position to the wall at least. Midscreen to corner would probably be best for it.

Yes, that last combo is something I do often from a Calamity reversal. The real problem I have with it is the 5DD > 236C connecting because the spacing is wonky. Usually works if I delay the timing of 5DD a bit though.

Yeah, 236C > 236D doesn't work unless it's midscreen, or from midscreen to corner. You also need the height, which simply isn't possible sometimes.

Delaying Drive is a really worthwhile thing to learn for most of Lambda's combo's.

I would be interested in knowing if you're in the corner then, FC 632146D > dashing 214A > crossthrough > 6C > 236C > 236D, not sure if it would actually work. But if it does, I'd say that's the most efficient use of Calamity Sword, as it also puts the opponent in the corner.

I've never tried dashing 214A before and I can't check right now, but an easier alternative that works but probably does less damage is the old FC 632146D > dashing 2DD > 214A > crossunder 2DD > 6C > etc.

I've never tried dashing 214A before and I can't check right now, but an easier alternative that works but probably does less damage is the old FC 632146D > dashing 2DD > 214A > crossunder 2DD > 6C > etc.

Yes, I actually tested it and it's quite difficult to do. Well, maybe my hands aren't quick enough. Your version would be easier indeed so it should be a good way to get the opponent in the corner. Though with the extra drives, TK > 6DD ender won't work.

That 236B > RC > 236C > 236D is quite the impressive midscreen combo though. Timing isn't that bad either.

Here's a fun CH 2C combo, midscreen to corner.

Thanks to AchedSphinx for the idea of using a FC 214A as Lambda's starter for max damage. I tried quite a few weird things, but those different starters couldn't get more damaging than FC 214A.

FC 214A > Gold Burst x 2 > 236C > 4B[2] > 632146D > 6C > 236D > 214D~C > 214D > 632146D > 6B > 2C > TK > 2C > TK > 6A > TK > 3C > 214A > 6DD > 2DD > air DD ender

Double gravity well combo in Extend? You are the most amazing person in the world right now.

Edit: Dang, I wish I had a section in the combo thread for impractical combos.

Thanks to AchedSphinx for the idea of using a FC 214A as Lambda's starter for max damage. I tried quite a few weird things, but those different starters couldn't get more damaging than FC 214A.

FC 214A > Gold Burst x 2 > 236C > 4B[2] > 632146D > 6C > 214D~C > 214D > 632146D > 6B > 2C > TK > 2C > TK > 6A > TK > 3C > 214A > 6DD > 2DD > air DD ender

I'm still messing around trying to come up with something better from time to time. Though several of the ideas I had are rough at best. I'll see if I can get anything better before P4U hits.

Double gravity well combo in Extend? You are the most amazing person in the world right now.

Edit: Dang, I wish I had a section in the combo thread for impractical combos.

Yeah, that combo is awesome. We need more impractical combos. Though that might be Lambda's limit, but we'll see.

When I was stuck thinking that Lambda's key to max damage was Spike Chaser, I decided to take it to the extreme and test it out.

GC > 214D~C > 214D > Gold Burst > 214D > RC > 214D > Gold Burst > 214D > RC > 214D > Dashing 214A > 236C > Dashing 5C[1] > 6C > 236D > 214D~C > 214D > 6C > 214D > 4B[#2 only] > 2DD > TK > 6DD > 2DD > air DD ender

It only gets ~9.6K though :(

I did a much easier version, with only 50 Heat and 1 Gold Burst needed, in CS2, and it did 9.2K.

I think you could honestly maximize Lambda's damage if you could somehow make it so Legacy Edge only hits with 1-8 swords. That would seriously make for some crazy damage if possible. Just some food for thought.

Legacy Edge, with only 8 hits connecting? How would that work? I'm not sure I understand how that'd help her damage.

I was thinking of using Lambda's Counter Assault in a combo, just cuz (against Litchi) during 236236D.

FC 214A > Gold Burst x 2 > 236C > 4B[2] > 632146D > 6C > 214D~C > 214D > 632146D > 6B > 2C > TK > 2C > TK > 6A > TK > 3C > 214A > 6DD > 2DD > air DD ender

Any reason why you bursted twice at the beginning?

Gold Bursts (named for the colour) have a P2 of 110%. Basically, it adds more damage.

Huh, weird. I'm used to IaMP, where bursts (technically bombs) increase the juggle bar (in other words, decrease the damage in a combo).