Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toanenadiz

[CSE] Lambda Combo Thread v2

Nice to see it is stil of use. I keep it myself in the cabletray of my stick :D

There are more examples, but I think these are the more practical, sensible ones.

(1.) 5D CH > 236236D

(2.) 5DD > 236236D

(3.) (anti-air) 2DD > 6C > 236236D (eg. Throw > Dashing 2DD > 6C > 236236D)

(4.) CH 2C > 6C > 236236D

The combo's can be improved. Let me know if you want better combo's, although they'll be a bit harder.

I would like to thank you for the help, but I would also like to mention something:

Leading the combos I mentioned previously with 5D CH>Legacy Edge (these two combos, specifically) actually deals 700 less damage, as the 5D eats up a hefty amount of proration. It does not provide more heat either, so I'm trying to find an alternative to this one. The 5D puts them at the perfect range for the Legacy Edge, but the damage output hit makes me think twice about using the combo altogether. Not that Lambda has issues with spamming combos.

5DD>Legacy Edge is not working, even on CH. It blue beats, and the proration takes another hit. I have not tested it in CSEX, but it simply does not combo in CS2 (which is what I normally play seeing as my brother hogs the 360).

The anti-air one you listed is still tricky for me. Would you have any tips about both the dash's timing and when to input the 6C? As I am right now, either I Blue Beat after the 2DD (when I try to dash) or I can't combo the 6C (Lamda instead finishes her 2DD animation).

CH 2C>6C>Legacy Edge works, but it causes the Sickle Storm to Blue Beat (at least in CS2). I may be miss-timing the attack (it's a bitch to time it right with my normal combo as-is).

I have been trying some of the other combos, but it isn't going very well. It may be that I'm using CS2 instead of Extend, or I may just not have enough practice.

Leading the combos I mentioned previously with 5D CH>Legacy Edge (these two combos, specifically) actually deals 700 less damage, as the 5D eats up a hefty amount of proration. It does not provide more heat either, so I'm trying to find an alternative to this one. The 5D puts them at the perfect range for the Legacy Edge, but the damage output hit makes me think twice about using the combo altogether. Not that Lambda has issues with spamming combos.

Of course it is going to do less damage. 236236D has a P1 of 100. No other move has that (outside of throws and 6C) so any moves you put before it will decrease the damage. You place moves before it so you can hitconfirm into it. It is a lot easier to land 5DD and combo into 236236D than it is to just land a raw 236236D

5DD>Legacy Edge is not working, even on CH. It blue beats, and the proration takes another hit. I have not tested it in CSEX, but it simply does not combo in CS2 (which is what I normally play seeing as my brother hogs the 360).

It combos in CS2. You are not canceling 5DD fast enough.

The anti-air one you listed is still tricky for me. Would you have any tips about both the dash's timing and when to input the 6C? As I am right now, either I Blue Beat after the 2DD (when I try to dash) or I can't combo the 6C (Lamda instead finishes her 2DD animation).

2DD > 6C doesn't exist in CS2. It was added in Extend.

Of course it is going to do less damage. 236236D has a P1 of 100. No other move has that (outside of throws and 6C) so any moves you put before it will decrease the damage. You place moves before it so you can hitconfirm into it. It is a lot easier to land 5DD and combo into 236236D than it is to just land a raw 236236D

It combos in CS2. You are not canceling 5DD fast enough.

2DD > 6C doesn't exist in CS2. It was added in Extend.

So the problem is me. Thanks. I'll work on getting the Xbox away from my brother more to practice this.

Just a random note, but if you ever get something like 2B > 3C > 236B in the corner, instead of following up with Dashing 5B > 6A > TK, you could do Dashing 5B > 2C > TK instead.

(corner)

CH 5C[1] > 236C > 4 > 6B > 2C > TK > 5C[2] > 6C > 236D > 214D~C > 214D > 4B[#2 only] > 2DD > TK > 6DD > 2DD > air ender (5902, 69)

It may be possible to omit the 6B. That should bump up the damage a bit.

By backing away a bit, you can create the distance needed for 236D to connect. We can infer that we have 4 or more frames to back away, since 5C[1] CH > 236C > 2C connects. 2C has a start-up of 14 frames, and 6B has a start-up of 10 frames. It's a bit hard to do, and it probably won't be able to create the distance necessary for 236D against some characters. In these cases, you can use 5B instead, since it has 8 frames of start-up. It should make the combo easier, and work on more, if not all, characters. It'll do 5.5K, with ~68 Heat gain.

(corner)

CH 5C[1] > 236C > 214A > 4 > 2C > TK > 5C[2] > 6C > 236D > 214D~C > 214D > 4B[#2 only] > 2DD > TK > 6DD > 2DD > air ender (5990, 68)

This combo's really easy, and it's a more practical version of the above combo. Of course, it requires Gravity... So why use this punish combo instead of using 214A for the FC punish? I think you can use this in situations where you're not close enough to use (Dashing) 214A, or where you're not able to do a (Dashing) 214A. Litchi's DP, Arakune's DD reversal, and even Lambda's DD reversal are good examples of this. This might also be easier for some people, as opposed to the FC variant.

For those interested, the combo Overheat listed can be done by using all 8 of 5Cs. You lose roughly .1k of damage but gain 3 more heat out of it (5.9k + 67 heat IIRC, as opposed to 6k + 64 heat)

Worth noting that the proration changes from ~23.5% to ~20.5%, so it gets a bit harder since you change proration levels. But it's a fair point, since the difference isn't that large (surprisingly).

Added the non-impractical combos found in the thread to the front of it. Also updated the first post with emjay's chart and a link to Overheat's combo theory post

Another random note, but if you like doing safe and easy corner combo's like Yoshiki, then consider trying out a slightly harder version that gets rid of any height problems.

(1.) Yoshiki

4B > 2DD > TK > 6DD > 2DD > 6C > 236C > Dashing 5C > 6C > 236C > Y

(2.) Purotosu

4B > 2DD > TK > 5DD > 2DD > 6C > 236C > Dashing 5C > 6C > 236C > Y

Another random note, but if you like doing safe and easy corner combo's like Yoshiki, then consider trying out a slightly harder version that gets rid of any height problems.

(1.) Yoshiki

4B > 2DD > TK > 6DD > 2DD > 6C > 236C > Dashing 5C > 6C > 236C > Y

(2.) Purotosu

4B > 2DD > TK > 5DD > 2DD > 6C > 236C > Dashing 5C > 6C > 236C > Y

4B->2DD->2147D->5C->6C->236D->214D©->236C->Ender/Oki stuff can be pretty nice too. Not sure about the difference in heat gain/damage (can check it later) but yeah.

If you're comfortable doing that, then sure.

Your combo is better, but harder. The 6DD > 2DD > 6C, and especially the 5DD > 2DD > 6C are a lot easier because of their hitboxes, active frames and start-up.

Oh ok. I've seen a lot of Lambda players online go for the corner 6DD->2DD->6C / 5DD->2DD->6C stuff and I was never really sure if there was something special about it or if it was just easier or something lol.

Edit: Also, what would be the highest damage combo off of that confirm? I typically go for this combo but it'd be good to know if there was something better to maximize damage.

4B(2)->2DD->2147D->5C->6C->236D->214D©->236C->44->6A->2C->j.c->j.DD->j.2DD->j.c->j.DD->j.2DD->j.214D/j.632146D 3.9k~4k Damage

Double edit: This confirm is also pretty good for when your spacing is pretty weird and you're not sure if the crescent will connect.

4B(2)->2DD->6C->236C->44->5C(2)->6C->236D->214D©->2DD->j.c->j.DD->j.2DD->j.c->j.DD->j.2DD->j.214D/j.632146D ~3.6k Damage

I'm not sure why but whenever I do the Cavalier crossunder 5C->6C->236D combos, doing the full 6C a second time and limiting the number of 5Cs seems to do more damage for me than doing a full 6C, then full 5C, then limited 6C. Am I just imagining things/inputting things wrong or is it some weird proration stuff that I don't understand?

It's weird proration stuff that you don't understand. Remember that post I made about the (once) thing next to some proration values? That's what is effecting the damage here. Since 6C has a P2 of 92(once) it doesn't actually matter how many hits of it connect after the first one. With 5C however, each hit has the 98 P2 effect which is why you get a less damaging combo.

Thanks to Overheat always trying to keep me on top of my game (at least on the theory of stuff), I found this little baby.

Corner, Guard crushed opponent: 214D-C - 236C - dashing 5C [1] - 6C - 236D - 214D-C - 214D - 4B [#2] - 2DD - TK - 6DD - 2DD - 6C - 2DD - air ender

6.4k with 70 heat gain

It's really pretty easy and doesn't require Gravity, which make it very useful to have in your combo arsenal. I wonder if there's anything better, non-gravity and heatless-wise

With Gravity:

(corner)

GC > 214D~C > 214D > Dashing 214A > 236C > Dashing 5C[2] > 6C > 236D > 214D~C > 214D > 4B[#2 only] > 2DD > TK > 6DD > 2DD > air ender (6679, ~69)

After most GC's, you should have enough time to react and use 214D~C (even midscreen). You can dash or walk a bit, for optimal spacing.

Thanks to Overheat always trying to keep me on top of my game (at least on the theory of stuff), I found this little baby.

Corner, Guard crushed opponent: 214D-C - 236C - dashing 5C [1] - 6C - 236D - 214D-C - 214D - 4B [#2] - 2DD - TK - 6DD - 2DD - 6C - 2DD - air ender

6.4k with 70 heat gain

It's really pretty easy and doesn't require Gravity, which make it very useful to have in your combo arsenal. I wonder if there's anything better, non-gravity and heatless-wise

It's slightly harder, but you can trade some of that heat for a little more damage with:

Corner, GC > 214D > 5C[1] > 6C > 236D > 214D~C > 236C > 4B[2 only] > 2DD > TK > 5DD > 6DD > 2DD > air ender (6.871, 57 heat)

Not sure if worth it....

That's with the DD ender. Does about 5.8k with the normal ender.

Also, what part of that combo do you think makes it slightly harder, haki? I didn't have any problems with it besides the beginning, but then I changed 214D to 214D~C and everything was okay.

This is totally worth the trouble required to pull this off:

X>236C>RC>Jump>j.5DD(As close to ground as possible)>RC>236A>214A>Ect

Totally worth it. I swear.

That's with the DD ender. Does about 5.8k with the normal ender.

Also, what part of that combo do you think makes it slightly harder, haki? I didn't have any problems with it besides the beginning, but then I changed 214D to 214D~C and everything was okay.

It's mostly just the beginning. 214D > 5C[1] doesn't work well if you're too close; there's like a minimum distance, making it slightly more finicky than starting it the other way.

Edit: And looking at Nedel's combo, I really should've tested it first before saying anything. That's with regular air ender apparently, so it's actually a lot better than mine.

So combo masters, I currently don't have access to Extend so I can't test this myself. I know that 2DD > jDD > j2DD > jc > gold burst > land > combo works but what is the best combo from the 2DD > jDD > j2DD > jc > gold burst starter?

Edit: The best I remember getting was 4.9K with the giant sword ender

I'm not entirely sure, but I'm guessing you could do X > Gold Burst > 5DD > 236C. Given the starter sequence you presented, here are two options:

(midscreen)

2DD > j.DD > j.2DD > Gold Burst > 5DD > 236C > Dashing 4B[#2 only] > 2DD > TK > Dashing 6DD > 2DD > air ender

- you can do Dashing 5C[8] > 4B[#2 only] > 2DD > air ender instead, as well.

(midscreen to corner)

2DD > j.DD > j.2DD > Gold Burst > 5DD > 236C > Dashing 5C[2] > 6C > 236D > 214D~C > 4B[#2 only] > 2DD > TK > 6DD > 2DD > air ender

While it may not be optimal, it might be a new idea to consider.