Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lord Knight

P4A at MLG

the only thing wrong with mlg these days is they plan tournaments the same weekend as other majors.

I dunno man continuation rule is pretty dumb too.

I dunno man continuation rule is pretty dumb too.

Isn't the continuation rule like if you meet with the same player in the loser brackets, whatever score they had before you met them again still counts towards your matches? because that shit it lame as fuck.

So you have no interest in supporting a game that has the potential to be just as good, if not better, than AC? You're logic continues to astound me, why even bother posting this? Just shut up and don't sign the damn thing if you don't support it.

Woah....lets not jump the gun on that statement guy. Those two games are incomparable, regardless of what you have seen in youtube vids or on streams. Night and Day. P4U is like Sesame Street to GG's Quantum Physics class.

*BTW LK, Kensou; great work guys, signed that shit day 1.

Woah....lets not jump the gun on that statement guy. Those two games are incomparable, regardless of what you have seen in youtube vids or on streams. Night and Day. P4U is like Sesame Street to GG's Quantum Physics class.

*BTW LK, Kensou; great work guys, signed that shit day 1.

I don't see the point of this post, except for the last sentence. You applaud Kensou and LK for their initial efforts to get the community to band together and their attempt at MLG support. Then you imply the game is stupid and beneath the people that play GG (implying it isn't worth supporting), which is contradictory to the spirit of the thread in the first place.

Isn't the continuation rule like if you meet with the same player in the loser brackets, whatever score they had before you met them again still counts towards your matches? because that shit it lame as fuck.

that rule isn't THAT bad.

I don't see the point of this post, except for the last sentence. You applaud Kensou and LK for their initial efforts to get the community to band together and their attempt at MLG support. Then you imply the game is stupid and beneath the people that play GG (implying it isn't worth supporting), which is contradictory to the spirit of the thread in the first place.

No, I never said it was stupid nor even a bad game for that matter. I was just speaking on personal experience and general consensus of players in Japan about the game as compared to GG, which Klaige initially made. I personally play all three games (GG,BB,P4U) seriously and regard them all as respectable in their own respect. Ppl should just be careful on making assumptions about a game they havent even played yet. I was just letting him know that its not on GG's level since he gave it merit to surpass GG. Not even the female fan-girl players in Japan believe that statement.

Nonetheless the game is a blast and really good in its own respect, that is why i applaud LK and Kensou's efforts. and when I come back to the US I will be looking to do the same for the NY community.

*BTW I havent seen you in forever man! Hope everyone makes a comeback like the glory days with this sudden ArcSys resurgence.

No, I never said it was stupid nor even a bad game for that matter. I was just speaking on personal experience and general consensus of players in Japan about the game as compared to GG, which Klaige initially made. I personally play all three games (GG,BB,P4U) seriously and regard them all as respectable in their own respect. Ppl should just be careful on making assumptions about a game they havent even played yet. I was just letting him know that its not on GG's level since he gave it merit to surpass GG. Not even the female fan-girl players in Japan believe that statement.

*BTW I havent seen you in forever man! Hope everyone makes a comeback like the glory days with this sudden ArcSys resurgence.

I'd love to know how me saying "P4 has the potential to be as good or better than AC", is a declaration that P4 will be better than Guilty Gear. Also considering I've played arc-sys games for a decade now, I don't know why I can't watch a game flow, read about it's engine and style and not be able to make an appropriate judgement on it's potential. But then again I'm not in Japan so I suppose my opinion is immediately void.

I'd love to know how me saying "P4 has the potential to be as good or better than AC", is a declaration that P4 will be better than Guilty Gear. Also considering I've played arc-sys games for a decade now, I don't know why I can't watch a game flow, read about it's engine and style and not be able to make an appropriate judgement on it's potential. But then again I'm not in Japan so I suppose my opinion is immediately void.

Again, I never said your point or opinion was invalid, I just gave my opinion on what you said, based in personal first-hand experience, which many people has come to me for on multiple occasions which is understandable given the situation. This is everyone's right in the same way in which you gave your own opinion in responding to reaVer. You said P4U has the "potential" to be better than GG, and I simply countered that statement with my own opinion, which is the basis for any debate. I never made any reference to you saying anything regarding P4U actually being better than GG.

*Now, back to what ACTUALLY matters, the damn petition....hopefully the SMP glitch will be removed from BB/P4U in a timely fashion if it isn't already in the works. Would hate to see that be a factor for having it denied @ MLG, or for the game to lose steam/interest in the US/West, let alone Japan.

Signed a long time ago, even if I'm a nobody. I want to get into the scene with this game.

Hoping for SMP glitch to be fixed too, hopefully before release (though that's getting pretty tight on time).

Essentially if more than 10 SMP moves are used the repeat proration isn't applied after the 10th move.

Not sure if anyone has tried it for other characters, but not everyone can make use of it, and the console version isn't out yet which makes it harder to experiment.

that rule isn't THAT bad.

Yes it is.

Spark has spoken, you lose sir.

On another note, I'm all for P4U being at MLG (I signed the petition) but this is the deal here, we have to show up to MLG events along with other events and participate for this to work. Having it there then people not showing up is not going to make the game look bad, It's going to make the community for the game look bad. The GG community does what it can to show up and stay strong but the BB community has not done so hot in this area and that needs to change if we want the game to be successful.

I'm glad that people are signing the petition, it shows we are interested but we've gotta show up to the events as well otherwise P4U is going to fall just as BB did. I cannot make it to every Major nor every MLG event and the money I earn only allows me to show up to at most 3 majors a year if school doesn't conflict with the scheduling so I will be attending at least one MLG event a year, and 2 majors (Sorry, that's all I can afford). So please, do what you can and not only sign the petition, but to Show Up to the events as well. Showing up has more value than signing a petition.

Signing the petition is a steppingstone for P4U, showing up to events is what will keep P4U alive.

I like the idea in terms of not having to rely on EVO to pick our game but I personally don't like MLG at all. They pick up and throw away games like dirty hookers. Just being a long time fps player makes me hate them honestly lol. Between having crappy console fps games instead of pc games and buying the biggest NA CS site just to let it die has left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Its also hard to show up to MLG events. A lot of them are in the middle of no where (although its gotten better in recent years) and its not like many ppl in the anime scene are sponsored. Who wants to fly to NC or Ohio for one game if you're just a middle of the pack player? I think this community would have attendance problems like kof did.

Them adding the game could just make us look bad again if a lot of extra players aren't picked up by this game. EVO staff and other tourney organizers will be like oh look anime players not supporting their game again...

It's not just that TOs think anime players don't support the game, there just aren't as many players to support the game. If the majority of the FG community didn't scoff at Anime games we'd have more players and better turnouts.

You know its funny...a lot of the complaints people are bringing up as to why they don't want to support MLG could be said about the FGC too. I mean come on guys...where do you think using the term "anime" as an insult came from in the first place.

Really, as someone who doesn't care about the MLG vs FGC politics and just wants to play games I would say look at this from a logical standpoint.

MLG, you got bigger pots and actual stream time for your game. Why would you want to argue with that?

Like someone said earlier, people get so caught up on picking sides that they seem to forget you don't have to pick a side at all. You're not the people running these events, you're the people playing the game. And I would say I think the most important thing is supporting your game and seeing it do well.

I'm mostly a casual BB/GG player and my game is Soul Calibur(which I'm also going to start going to MLG tournies for) but if P4A was there to I would support that too.

I still don't get why the fuck the FGC segregates anime from capcom stuff, is it an image thing? I see no point in doing so honestly. It's just fighting games people.

I highly doubt MLG will be adding new games to their roster this year. And Persona 4, while a new game that may be great, hasn't got the best background and track record in games similar to it *cough*Guilty Gear*cough*Blazblue*cough*. I love them, but just being honest. Start with the grassroots scene first. If the Grassroots scene isn't that good, I highly doubt it'll be good on a higher level.

Also, http://feedback.majorleaguegaming.com/forums/116515-pro-circuit-feedback-forum

While people voted multiple times, I'm just going to put it out there and say maybe a goal of 500 unique signatures is very underwhelming. :)

Good luck.