Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Digital Watches

AC: Videos

This wasn't so much an accidental failed unblockable attempt (though it certainly looked like it) - I actually did realize that it would be far from meaty and hoped that DW would stay put and try to block an incoming mixup. But yeah, the reason for that missing so badly was that I failed to hitconfirm 2P-2D into 236H quick enough. Not too surprising on that night though...

Well said. I feel the need to go to that big tournament in Canada in Feb (if you're going to be there) so I can see how I do against you when we've both gotten more sleep :v:

This is what happens when people making combo vids DON'T turn teching on...(a.k.a. Black Beat combo fun, like "doing" dust loop in AC :P )

Awwww, that's crappy. I still need to learn alot abou the game.

Alright, so...

http://www.booyagames.com/tournament/vids/

Random Select Winter Showdown. Featuring me being a scrub in the GG grand finals!

But I still win. A few random notes:

-Any tenhouseki in this match was a crossed up housoubako. Never do Tenhouseki ever.

-AAing Slayer is really hard. Fuck j.H.

-2H FRC + 6 matches of psychological conditioning = Awesome.

Nice Matches DW!!

Now is my turn to :eng101:

1. After you see the 2HS hit do a 5D or 6H, I see that you don't do that why??

2. I almost had a heart attack after see you missed some combos that lead to a b-loop, but no body is perfect, or you just very nervous :psyduck:

3. I see you didn't do a tenhouseki knowing that slayer will use a j.H why??

4. You should do more poking vs slayer for two reasons:

a) If he do a dash the second hit will hit him so he only have two options: Jumping like crazy or back dash, that will give uo the advantage of distance

b) This is a match that you need to play it away (at least for me) beacuse axl defense lack and axl got the advantage of his AA game and slayer desn't have that quick jump

Of course you should that is slayer is not a overdrive maniac

5. Why the 5P after a rashousen faint is you see he's jumping?? that should be follow by a 6K or 2S(and a b-loop like the book said ;) )

6. Love that 2H frc to avoid the overdrive :toot:

That's all I got for you DW and again nice matches!!

Nice Matches DW!!

Now is my turn to :eng101:

1. After you see the 2HS hit do a 5D or 6H, I see that you don't do that why??

Eh, got a little greedy, trying to go for damage.

2. I almost had a heart attack after see you missed some combos that lead to a b-loop, but no body is perfect, or you just very nervous :psyduck:

Eheh. Yeah, a lot of wacky execution errors there. Like I said, scrubby. :gonk: Especially the one at 10:18, which I think was just mistiming the airdash so badly that it didn't come out.

3. I see you didn't do a tenhouseki knowing that slayer will use a j.H why??

Tenhouseki is stupid and risky and barely does any damage even if you get the followup combo. It's almost 100% useless and you shouldn't rely on it as AA especially.

4. You should do more poking vs slayer for two reasons:

a) If he do a dash the second hit will hit him so he only have two options: Jumping like crazy or back dash, that will give uo the advantage of distance

b) This is a match that you need to play it away (at least for me) beacuse axl defense lack and axl got the advantage of his AA game and slayer desn't have that quick jump

Of course you should that is slayer is not a overdrive maniac

Yeah, but with BDCing and all his invincible/movement stuff (BBU, Dandy, DoT), Slayer has a lot of ways to punish you for poking, very hard. Meanwhile, I seemed to be having a problem AAing j.H, which is part of why I was trying so much weird shit like Benten, 5H, and TK FB as AA. Anyway, I disagree that this matchup should be played defensively, as Slayer isn't lacking in options to get in, and keeping him locked down is better than getting in a guessing game for large chunks of your life, which Slayer does very well at mid range.

5. Why the 5P after a rashousen faint is you see he's jumping?? that should be follow by a 6K or 2S(and a b-loop like the book said ;) )

Yeah, I'd usually go for 6K, dunno why I went for 5P :?:

6. Love that 2H frc to avoid the overdrive :toot:

Portland mindgames!

That's all I got for you DW and again nice matches!!

Thanks muchly.

I frequently have to fight a slayer who is really good at BDC through my rensengeki, it gets scary and messes with your mind seriously.

I frequently have to fight a slayer who is really good at BDC through my rensengeki, it gets scary and messes with your mind seriously.

That's when you go for empty rensen FRC --> Mad punish. Rensen FRC is early enough that I can't think of anything slayer can do fast enough that you can't block/beat.

Copied from the "BC Matchvid" thread. Here's some team footage from a recent tournament. It's all in one big WF-LS-LF-GF package, but it features my team in the winner's finals, and then getting owned by Teyah in the grand finals, so that makes it Axl-related enough:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7GE7NBL0 or

http://www.sendspace.com/file/99avdw

Also: If I ever try AA 5P into Rensen again against someone whose name isn't Potemkin or Johnny, someone punch me in the face. :v:

I think I landed it like, once early on and for some reason thought it wasn't a terrible, terrible idea from then on.

I finally saw them.. as I'm pretty tired I'm going down to the basics: Outstanding; I can't believe you are the same player who played in that wacky Axl vs. Slayer match :P You defense is great, your offense is as variable but as safe as it gets for Axl (which means great too^^) and your zoning and movement was intimidating! I learned a thing or two watching them and I feel in no position to analyse them as I don't think I could do better^^. btw.: Ok you showed me where to use koku and I guess you also proved a few other of your points.. so I will never say this move is "not too usefull" but just that I'm not experienced enough with it (and I will try to change that).. Please tell me you had at least a good day^^ (even that you somehow broke down in the later matches vs. Teyah).. man and I'm forced to sit at home working for my final exams for the next months while you go out and record such inspiring matches...

Thanks Shoto! I guess you could say it was an okay day. I don't feel like I did especially better than usual. However, Teyah was a beast, so it's not like I had to have some kind of big breakdown to lose to him. :v: Anyway, I feel like I should critique Sking's vids, since there are a few things I have to say about them: v. May: 1. Get your throw combos down! The combo v. May is throw, short dash 5P. It's hard, but if you can't get it, just go for Rensen, as opposed to just doing nothing. 2. Knockdown combos with Benten in general won't work very often against May. 3. You let her jump in on you a lot without trying anything. 2S is a great AA and May really shouldn't get away with that. 4. You jumped a ton and it lost you a lot of health. Don't be afraid to just sit still, or at least stay on the ground, as Axl doesn't have a ton going for him in the air. 5. Also, j.6P is a very limited poke in its usefulness. I hardly use it at all, and j.K or j.H is better in all the situations you tried it in. 6. Stop going for Tenhouseki so much. Seriously, the occasional hit with it is not worth getting owned for it all the time when you get predictable or guess wrong. I'm not saying never... just ALMOST never :eng101: 7. Your pressure in the third match is a little better. It could be improved greatly if you jumped less and went for housou less (Even though it's much better than Tenhouseki). This is one of the hardest habits I had to break, but it made me a lot better. 8. At around 1:58 on the third match, you land j.S into 5K, then drop the combo. That could have been a lot of damage. Happens to the best of us, but I guess work on it? Not a huge problem really. 9. Good clutch, ducking that dolphin at 2:01 (3rd match) 10. 3rd match, at around 2:16, you could have run forward sooner after that bomber, and you lost a great Oki chance from it. It worked out fine for you, but May could well have turned it around from there. 11. Don't do Kokuu randomly when you don't have meter to FRC it. VERY unsafe, and you do it at the beginning of two rounds. 12. I can't speak for any specific situations, as it's a hard guessing game to play, but I get the general feeling that you should go for Rashousen faint a little more often, as the May seems to be very sure you're going to not feint it fairly often. 13. Matchup specific: 2P goes over her 3K slide, but 2H and 3P don't! 14. When you connect with an air-to-ground j.H, you should probably go for a ground combo into Rensen FRC most of the time instead of defaulting to bomber. Oftentimes that won't combo, and after the bomber, the best you can do is Oki. 15. In match 4, the jumping looks especially bad, as it's getting you counterhit in situations you could just land, block, and punish instead of DJing and doing something risky. Um... I'll go over the other characters later, probably by editing this post.

Thks DW for the tips but I don't have much experience vs may and jam I was just trying to improvise with everything and trying not to be in may loop that often.

About your matches they are ok is just that I note something rare:

The only rounds that you won against teyah were because you use axl's pokes and keeping distance but hey no body is pelfect :v:

P.S.: Sorry for using axl's catches that much is just a habit :vbang:

@ DW Watched through the vids once more now that I'm a bit fresher.. On second sight (even that there were still the great moments) there actually are some things I find "debateable" (well yeah in a way this means I'm taking back some of my "praises", but I still find that these were the best of your recorded matches and that your Axl is very well^^) So I guess that means I have to explain myself and need to do an in depth analysis.. I'll see that I get to that tomorow.. of course you may prove me wrong^^ btw.: I desperately need to get some of my matches recorded so that you can tear them apart.. just complaining without showing is kinda weak :(..

@ DW

Watched through the vids once more now that I'm a bit fresher..

On second sight (even that there were still the great moments) there actually are some things I find "debateable" (well yeah in a way this means I'm taking back some of my "praises", but I still find that these were the best of your recorded matches and that your Axl is very well^^)

So I guess that means I have to explain myself and need to do an in depth analysis.. I'll see that I get to that tomorow.. of course you may prove me wrong^^

btw.: I desperately need to get some of my matches recorded so that you can tear them apart.. just complaining without showing is kinda weak :(..

Hahah! I always appreciate the critique, man, don't worry about it.

And I know it's hard to get matches going somewhere with a capture card, so no worries on that account too. :cool:

Okay, here are the singles vids from that same tournament. Singles were kind of a joke, but I still played (sort of) seriously if I recall correctly, as did Teyah (At least in finals.) I think I played in quite a few of the recorded ones, as I know I made sure to be on the recording TV for every match I played.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/kgud6n

EDIT: Lol, now that I watch them, I was really missing Airdash after FB and Kokuu FRC a lot that day.

Yeah, every single one of your matches was recorded (vs VE, AN/BA, MI, then ED). The pack of vids actually only has matches with you or me in them, and we're just messing around until it comes down to the finals anyway. So no need to critique them so heavily eh?

Yeah, every single one of your matches was recorded (vs VE, AN/BA, MI, then ED). The pack of vids actually only has matches with you or me in them, and we're just messing around until it comes down to the finals anyway. So no need to critique them so heavily eh?

I s'pose.

Speaking of fooling around: Look at all the funny things I can get away with against Peter. :yaaay:

Thks DW for the tips but I don't have much experience vs may and jam I was just trying to improvise with everything and trying not to be in may loop that often.

About your matches they are ok is just that I note something rare:

The only rounds that you won against teyah were because you use axl's pokes and keeping distance but hey no body is pelfect :v:

P.S.: Sorry for using axl's catches that much is just a habit :vbang:

Catches are not a problem for either 1) psychics or 2) reaction. So situations like sols corner pressure with gunflame, brandit bringer or revolver. The chings to slayers or jams exe. As long as your reaction to something and not predicting its almost always a good idea. The only other cases i would support is when u know people are going to do wake up move, but this is only for psychics like me. But its nice turning to your opponent and saying "You scrub u think to loudly in your head!"

P.S. WTF do i use to open a RAR file, WM and DivX didnt work. -.- i want to watch this team battles.

Catches are not a problem for either 1) psychics or 2) reaction. So situations like sols corner pressure with gunflame, brandit bringer or revolver. The chings to slayers or jams exe. As long as your reaction to something and not predicting its almost always a good idea. The only other cases i would support is when u know people are going to do wake up move, but this is only for psychics like me. But its nice turning to your opponent and saying "You scrub u think to loudly in your head!"

P.S. WTF do i use to open a RAR file, WM and DivX didnt work. -.- i want to watch this team battles.

Google winRAR. RAR is like Zip. It's a compressed folder, essentially...

Also, good luck with that psychic thing. I prefer to have a gameplan. :v: