Sign in to follow this  
Digital Watches

AC: Videos

good luck with those almost full screen unblockables...i prefer to fake mine if i'm on the other side of the screen....lol lol....sorry, i had to...

Looky who I found. Josh Ballard

I'd post some of mine own, but anyone who's seen them know they're not worth the time. I'll post some up of myself once I get a chance to record me playing against much better comp. :toot:

EDIT: My Youtube page, if anyone's interested. You have been warned.

Hoo boy. Been a while since the last set of vids. Well, I don't have time for a super in-depth critique right now, but off the top of my head... 1. 2D and 5P up close are not good pokes. 2. Work on defense. Both your bursting habits and blocking can be said to need a lot of work. 3. You should get better at rensen FRC, and keep your pressure going when you have the meter. Both you and Nives give up a lot of momentum. 4. If you're going to try for safe j.H as oki, make sure it's actually going to land before VV goes active. 5. j.S is not good air-to-air up close. Use j.K, or j.D if you're SURE you'll hit. 6. Mo' Mixup, yo! Guess you'd get more chance to if you were on the offensive more 7. I find that most of the time, raei into rensen is hardly worth it, especially when you get a counterhit or too much momentum and miss altogether. Take the time to learn the JI FRC combos or just go for running rashou or normal oki, is what I say. There are some situations where Rensen is the best idea, but most of the time, I prefer the extra time to get a meaty in. EDIT: Oh, this is in response to the ballard vids, by the way. Haven't watched yours yet.

The FORESTS ARE BLAZING AGAIN OH YES!!! :bad: Since no one posts vids here anymore, here are some casual matches from Sauga . I had to bring in AXL after my scrub TE was getting owned hard. So here we go:

AXL vs SOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItPWcTA6OBM

This match goes amazing for me at the beginning, but then I breakdown and get owned by VV spam at the end :gonk: (Video quality is a bit choppy from 2:00-4:00, just fast-forward)

AXL vs OS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpNg6WbmDVM

This match goes terrible for me at the beginning but then I make a swift Forest Blazing come back at the end.

AXL vs JAM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qtoz6aHGns

Game 1 was pure sloppy from both, Game 2 was definitely played a bit better.

Lulz, more scrubbery from me in the (sort of) recent Canadian tournament:

Teyah (ED) v. Digital Watches (AX): http://youtube.com/watch?v=qUOjZeMpt6Q

Digital Watches (AX) v. Woki (DI): http://youtube.com/watch?v=N4HeuT9qDMo

For some reason, Dace only upped one set of the grand finals, so the other set is in here, as well as the rest of the recorded matches from the tournament.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=246319&postcount=183

Yeah, but if you read it closely, I put "full life combo", not "full combo...". I think what bothers is the fact that it's not a real "combo"... Oh well, it does kill him in less than 20 seconds though even if he can avoid that cross-up ^^

Well, that would be fine, but the initial combo is a bit situational, and the airthrow is especially weird, since you're relying on forward teching right after the rensen. Still, at least it's something you COULD see in a match. I've seen some weird stuff floating around that has NOTHING to do with reality... By the way, I see you're starting the Raei guide on Console-league. Good job on the translating, even though I can only extrapolate as to what it says.

Yeah ! I finished it today. I'm really thankful to you, as I discovered a lot about this move. (I usually only use the tick throw, but now I'm going to try the j.HS following...) Anyway, if you find new stuff, I'll be glad to be your "official" translator in French ^^

By the way, I see you're starting the Raei guide on Console-league. Good job on the translating, even though I can only extrapolate as to what it says.

Alex, bring back your sorry ass here and show it to us yourself ! :v:

Can't wait to see Beowulf beating the crap out of us with those.

Alex, bring back your sorry ass here and show it to us yourself ! :v:

Can't wait to see Beowulf beating the crap out of us with those.

Heheh. If I had the financial means I'd definitely go.

But you guys should come to Evo!

Here is the playlist for all three of my tournament match videos, and one of some scrub Ky player I play a lot. Grill me. Grill me hard. Then grill Josh the Funk Doc for quitting Axl. :arg:

Alright, I'mna be really nitpicky here 'cause I haven't done this in a while. v. Jam Match start: Not a criticism, but this compliment is really something Axl players need to hear: Good shit on match start. Throwing out moves can work, but it is ABSOLUTELY FINE to just wait it out and react like you did right there. Champ fuckin' move, bravo. 0:22: No reason to do 6K there, she was way too close. If anything, try for 2S or c.S. 0:32: A perfectly easy burst to punish, wasted. Just c.S her on the way down or something, into big combo. Also, the 5H should have lead to a nice combo as well, since you hit with it. 5H cancels into 2D, if you didn't have a rensen charged. 0:34: No Tenhouseki. I mean like, ever. There are a select few reasons (Axl 5P, Baiken hook, Faust Scalpel, a few situations where you make the input a crossup-friendly 623P) to use it, and none of them are against Jam. Basically, you can be a very good Axl without EVER using that move. 0:36: It didn't work out too badly there, but as a general rule, standalone 2D is not a good neutral poke. 0:41: Not a bad thing necessarily, but why the 6H? :psyduck: 0:46: 6H RC should have been a combo. Specifically, it should have been 5K, 2D, rensen. 0:48: Never ever ever ever ever ever do rensen-->8 on block. It actually worsens your frame disadvantage, and it's not high or low or anything. That followup is only good as AA, as you can do it rather late and it has to be FD'd. Wait until you see the jump! 1:00: Throw combos can be hard on Jam, but run up 5K will never work. Do late 5P, or just Rensen for knockdown. 1:02: I know it's an execution error and that didn't mean to do 2S (I still get it sometimes myself) but work on that 2K-->c.S. 1:03: Don't try 2H that close except as oki or in a pressure string, especially against fast people like Jam. 1:10: Missed the throw combo again. 1:24: I know you probably didn't know this, but you can't actually get 3 of that kind of rep on Jam. You didn't mess up the combo, you went for a combo that doesn't exist/work. 1:30: When trying to beat the puffball, go for either 3P (safe) 5H (Ballsy) or 623P (Will work against any of the balls, but not slide or passthrough). Rensen is a bad idea except if you can get it out WAY before she's near you. 1:35: Why the kokuu? 1:38: Don't do 6K against grounded opponents. 1:42: I don't normally like the super, but that wasn't a bad time to use it. 623S may have worked just as well, however. 2:01: Again, do SOMETHING after throw. 2:38 or so: That dropped combo could have lost you the round. When they're that low on life, just sj.K first to be safe. 2:45: Tenhouseki. Bad. 3:03: You lost valuable oki time for that followup. 3:06: Granted, this time it worked, but it's just not worth the risk to do. 3:27: The kokuu wasn't necessarily a bad idea, you just should have done it lower and FRC'd it. 3:32: People aren't likely to fall for 2H, 2H more than once... ever. I'd have just gone for 6H after the first one, especially since it'd kill her with an RC-->short combo. End of match: Some people would criticize the Raei(H), but I think it was a good thing to try, especially with so much health/meter. (I'll post the other match assessments in separate posts, as I think there's a limit, plus I'mna take a break.)

Nice match man, nice. Some of the things that DW said are true, but let me guess: Those kokku throw out like having no reason, is because your trying to get a counter hit?? If is true GOOD!!!. Kokku as a meaty jump in can beat many, many and many moves, and if it hit on counter WOW big damage combo!!

Nice match man, nice.

Some of the things that DW said are true, but let me guess:

Those kokku throw out like having no reason, is because your trying to get a counter hit??

If is true GOOD!!!. Kokku as a meaty jump in can beat many, many and many moves, and if it hit on counter WOW big damage combo!!

Yeah, but... he was no where near him.

Seriously, those have no reason to be happening, especially if you're not going to FRC 'em.

Sign in to follow this