Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Digital Watches

AC: Videos

You're actually a lot better than the majority of Axls I see on youtube. I'd definitely say you're strong on combos, but there are a few basics you're missing. For one, you don't seem to have your FRCs down. Especially in the case of Rensen, you need to be nailing that. Secondly, hitconfirming. In the first vid, I saw a 2S only hit once and you still superjumped and tried to combo, and I saw you hit 2K, pause, 2K, 2D, Rashou (feint). The first 2K was probably meant as a poke, and not cancelling without knowing what would happen was probably smart. But once you landed the second one, the sweep should have been a hitconfirm move so that even if you couldn't react from the 2K, you'd know whether it connected or was blocked and acted appropriately. Also, don't use rensen to try to stop roboky running in, or slayer for that matter. Both can just run through it and hurt you pretty bad for the attempt. I'm pretty sure Jam can too. I might go through the whole set for a play-by-play later. But I definitely want to stress that I do think you're doing really well and are pretty strong already. There are just a few things you could improve on to get to the next level.

I'm pretty confused by that crazy 2S for oki at 0:50 of the first vid. I'm also very surprised the Robo player did anything there except go to instant block whatever string you were tried there and then DP super > combos for the kill, but... Not every Robo-Ky can be Spark, I guess. By the way, nice color.

I'm pretty confused by that crazy 2S for oki at 0:50 of the first vid. I'm also very surprised the Robo player did anything there except go to instant block whatever string you were tried there and then DP super > combos for the kill, but... Not every Robo-Ky can be Spark, I guess.

That, and that doesn't really always work. I think the 0:50 thing was a bit odd, but if he predicted the jump, that was probably the best thing to do.

I didn't play in AC "vs 2P" 2 month and I do many fail and stupid mistakes (my Engrish :psyduck: Sorry) I try to do many new (for me) stuff, like koku frc (first vid - 0:40), benten frc (0:50 - fail benten/quick DP input :psyduck:), 63214H, rashou feint. I think, I need more practiсe Also it was first time, when i play vs Robo too much (too heavy, he fall fast)

I didn't play in AC "vs 2P" 2 month and I do many fail and stupid mistakes (my Engrish :psyduck: Sorry)

I try to do many new stuff for me, like koku frc (first vid - 0:40), benten frc (0:50 - fail benten/quick DP input :psyduck:), 63214H. I think, I need more practiсe

Also it was first time, when i play vs Robo too much (too heavy, he fall fast)

Yeah, it can be annoying trying to play against new characters, especially if you're also trying to learn new things. Just... keep plugging away, I guess.

In the fight against I-no, you threw out Housou a few times vs. note. Each time, you failed to time it properly, but I don't actually care about that, you can get better at that with practice. But, you threw it out at times where note has already picked up more hits, so even if you'd timed it right you would've been hit out of Housou. Better not to try that against note unless you're closer than you were. In general, you were fairly counter-happy, which isn't necessarily a bad thing if you at least do counters well and don't get too predictable, but you did whiff counters a lot, and better players than your opponent would probably have capitalized on that. You also threw out 2P too much when you were way too close for that to be safe, given that you often didn't follow it up with anything. You didn't really get punished for it, but I blame that on your opponent. It's -7 on instant block, which is plenty of time for someone to start a small hit into a combo, or at the very least dragon punch you, and it's not hard at all to IB that second hit. Jam actually has a few moves which start up in 4 or fewer frames, so if she IBs she can even smack you out of a followup Rensen from that distance, and even if she doesn't IB she can still she can still dragon punch you out of it. In general you should work on getting better with your pokes, as stuff is getting to you that really probably shouldn't even though you're clearly much better than your opponent in these vids. Those two points and combo drop are what I notice most. Edit: Cleared up second point to be less wildly inaccurate.

I'mna do a play-by-play on at least the first one: Starting from the beginning, ROUND ONE: 0:09 or so: 5P was a bad idea. It's good that you waited to see what I-No would do, but then you did the wrong thing! 2S next time when she tries to get on top of you like that. 0:11: No 5P on the ground! There are a few characters that you can stuff by doing this, but I-No isn't one of them. Actually, in this matchup, I'd have even advised against trying to pressure her like that at all, as all you really need to do is watch her and react. 0:15: When you get a long, hitconfirmable string like that, go for a rensen, not a 6H. Knockdown is your friend. 0:18: Good prediction! You could have JIed and used your meter for a combo here, but that's advanced stuff you don't need to worry about right now. What I will say though is that you really should have a more solid oki plan when you get a knockdown like this. Running up and doing 6H or trying another raei as a meaty would have been better than just 5King from too far away to hit. As you can see, you gave I-No the opportunity to move freely again. 0:21: Stop backdashing! The best option would just be to block, but if you're really afraid you can't read her high-low, then chickenblock or do something like a 2/5K or a housou to get out, but backdashing is just letting her stay in on you, and actually got her a free hit at least once. 0:25: That's a really unfortunate situation to drop a combo in. Make sure you get that superjump! 0:33: The airdash into the 2nd FB was stylish, but it could have cost you the game, and a regular bomber would have gotten you a kill, or at least an airthrow setup. Wasting meter for a better combo is good, but wasting meter and losing your combo is doubly bad. But good instincts catching her tech with the 2S. Your opponent wasn't particularly seasoned, so it seems they had already given up on that round. ROUND 2: 0:42: Again, style points, but practically speaking, the 214K was suboptimal. A 3P works just as well, and nets you more damage, as it will CH STBT. If you predicted it, you could have also gone with 6H. Still, you got the job done, so no big complaints here. Just a bad habit. The rest of this round is good. You laid on the pressure well, kept it on, and took damage where you could get it. I have a feeling your opponent may have fared better if they were stronger on defense, but you didn't do anything wrong here, so I have no further comments. ROUND 3: 1:05: Don't backdash on round start. There are some characters you want to do that against, but I-No definitely isn't one of them. If you had stood still, you could have sniped her and possibly snagged a combo before she got the chance to get that distance on you. 1:07: Trying to catch her was admirable, but 2H just isn't the tool you want. Either 2K to go under it, jump, or better yet, just block, because she can curve it to catch you anyway. 1:12: Since notes tend to do more than 1 hit, Housou isn't very strong against them. Also, be more careful in your blocking. If that I-No were hitconfirming better, you might be taking a lot of damage, or at least getting knocked down. 1:17: First off, go for easier throw combos. Frankly, if you can't get a knockdown easily, just do throw-->Rensen and continue your oki from there. It's not like I-No has a DP or anything. 1:18: When you have the meter, FRC that rensen and stay on the offensive. I can't stress enough that you don't want to give her room to breathe if you have a choice, and you just sort of backed off here. 1:20: You reacted a little slow with those pokes. I'd say the 5P should have either been sooner or should have been a 6K. 1:23: Yet another un-FRC'd Rensen when you should have pressed forward, and another housou against note. Try to break these habits. 1:26: I know it's just a dropped combo, but that was too good a mixup to waste like that. If you can't do an ID (Which is j.D, j.D, TK Bomber,) at least go for a normal dust combo (j.D, j.D, j.K, j.S, j.H, j.D, Kokuu) 1:29: Good crossup, though. 1:31-34: You gave up pressure twice here. Once again you could have rensen FRC'd, and then after that, you walk away and block a chemical love (You can 2K under those to get in, or at least to hold your ground). Stop running away from I-No! 1:36: CH 5K--->Nothing. That could have been a comeback for I-No. 1:43: Tips on Raei (H): 1. Almost never do it in the corner. 2. Be a little more ambiguous, or be punishing something. 3. If you can't FRC it (I usually can't either) at least try to push yourself out of range of the opponent's attacks when they block it. 1:47: When I-No isn't throwing an attack out is a bad time to burst. 1:50: Actually, come to think of it, I think you just want to 5P to combo I-No from a throw, I'm not sure, but 6K may also work. At the end of this round, you got killed because you weren't blocking I-No's mixup well. However, you could have prevented her from getting the chance to come back in the first place if you had been more aggressive on Oki and kept up pressure when you had the chance, rather than running away. ROUND 4: Again, don't backdash at the start. I-No's approach was so slow and readable that you could have punished her for a good chunk of life if you had just sat tight and waited. 2:19: Rensen when she jumps is just bad form. I know you probably threw it before she jumped, but it's just not a good neutral poke, especially from so close. Be patient and watch what she's doing, as stuff like that gets you punished. 2:21: Again, work on blocking. You may just be unfamiliar with this matchup: Against I-No, the rule is assume overhead, watch for lows. 2:23: I'm guilty of this a lot too, but teching too aggressively/predictably can get you hit by stuff for no good reason. That note shouldn't have gotten you for sure. The airthrow was a bit more solid on the I-No's part, but it probably still could have been avoided. 2:36: Work on that sj.H! Once again, your timid playstyle gave I-no opportunities, but better blocking could have gotten you out of these situations. Block better, but also work on your offense, and be less afraid to rush her down. ROUND 5: Again with the backdashing! 2:51: You had a great opportunity to get some pressure/mixup from on top of I-No, and you just double-jumped to run away. You could have gone for a Kokuu, Bomber, j.D, j.K, j.H, empty jump-->throw, Air backdash-->Anything. When you have the chance, stay offensive! 2:53: Rensen again. Don't poke with Rensen from that close. 2:59: As a general rule of thumb: Don't super. It can be flashy sometimes, but if that I-No were more knowledgeable, you would have gotten punished hard after she blocked that, and either way you're down 50 meter for nothing. 3:00: Why the Tenhou? 3:01: I think considering the circumstances, you probably should have done Shiranami after that housou (Granted, I always forget, too). It could have been a big corner combo into knockdown. 3:07: Trying to Raei that CL was ballsy, but not that smart, since it's a slow move and you seemed to do it on reaction, which won't work. If you see CL coming, just 2K. 3:11: When you get a sweep, I'd usually say go for rensen, as it not only gives you more time to oki, but just plain does more damage. 3:13: Just one more situation where JI Raei FRC could have netted you a ton of damage. Again, you don't HAVE to learn it... but all the cool kids are. Come on, don't you want to be cool? 3:21: Rensen FRC is NOT a false gap! You may have as much as +33 frames up (more if they FD), so don't sit there and wait for them to try something. Run in and keep your pressure up! 3:23: 5K-->D is an okay blockstring, but don't do it when you're punishing a super! That could have been a bomber loop. Okay, overall, you have some blocking problems and some dropped combos, but your main problem is that you don't seem to know when you're on the offense, and how to stay there. Don't run away so much (Especially against I-No,) and when you have pressure, keep it! You've definitely got a lot of potential, but you won't win matches by being timid and hoping damage will just happen. EDIT: Oh, and everything Stark said is right. EDIT 2: Maybe I'll watch the other vid later. I've got some work to do at the moment.

-o Wow D-Watch, you really DO have too much time on your hands (clock joke haha :v:). I'm honestly a little overwhelmed. I still appreciate the advice guys, cheers.

Yo when you say "work on the sj.H" how exactly should I fine-tune it? I'm pretty sure I sj'd it at some point and it still whiffed. D- Sorry for the double post (not really)

Yo when you say "work on the sj.H" how exactly should I fine-tune it? I'm pretty sure I sj'd it at some point and it still whiffed. D-

Sorry for the double post (not really)

I mean what I said and I said what I mean: There's nothing to that combo but to time it right. Immediate sj.H is practice, practice, and more practice.

Any other questions?

I mean what I said and I said what I mean: There's nothing to that combo but to time it right. Immediate sj.H is practice, practice, and more practice.

Any other questions?

So uh... I should sj sooner?

resengeki-i thought you played rather well my friend!bated burst well,being one of axls big tools in his game.spaced well enough.picked up combo's on the fly rather well to.i think you just need a bit more expirenace in that matchup.it looked like you played the match uneasy.i myself just sat down and learned that match-up recently becasue i had no idea how to fight jam.you play that matchup way better than i did.maybe,mmmmm,a little more offense just if i HAD to critcize something. digital wathces-so im "getting elebriated":D with some friends and were listening to mars volta's bethlem album, and we fet to track 10 and im like "this guy made a combo vid to this song......and it was pretty sweet".comeing to a halt at the computer realizing you may have taken the vid down after i couldnt find it on youtube.lol.it was pretty funny.none the less,i never did come into the axl forum and tell you it was a great watch.good job bro.and good band to cover it to.

digital wathces-so im "getting elebriated":D with some friends and were listening to mars volta's bethlem album, and we fet to track 10 and im like "this guy made a combo vid to this song......and it was pretty sweet".comeing to a halt at the computer realizing you may have taken the vid down after i couldnt find it on youtube.lol.it was pretty funny.none the less,i never did come into the axl forum and tell you it was a great watch.good job bro.and good band to cover it to.

Shit, it's down? I think Youtube took it down, 'cause I didn't. I think it's still on Megaupload, and if not, I still have it, so I could send ya a copy.

And Rensen, good vid, I think I might do a play-by-play of that when I'm less tired, but overall you did well.

Shit, it's down? I think Youtube took it down, 'cause I didn't. I think it's still on Megaupload, and if not, I still have it, so I could send ya a copy.

And Rensen, good vid, I think I might do a play-by-play of that when I'm less tired, but overall you did well.

DW-that be sweet:D