Sign in to follow this  
Digital Watches

AC: Videos

"Why HOS can't fight Axl"

Starring Unremarkable Axl Player #9352345897B

You're right, but he did use your patented Raiei FRC Throw shenanigans. You can't fault him for that.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3278723284537230454

At the 37 and a half minute mark, I play 2 matches against a May and lose every round. I know I do a lot of stupid things like jump around too much, throw around Rensen when I shouldn't, drop a combo that could win me a round, not block enough, etc., but I'd like some input from those better than me. It'd really help my game.

Thanks.

For those of you who don't read Elvenshadow's blog, there was a singles tournament that was held as part of G3 that was only open to people who hadn't qualified for last year's SBO. Akira, who's been known as a decent Axl for a while now, ended up winning! :toot: GET HYPE AXL FORUM

Check out some vids of him playing here.

Yeah that was awesome, it was nice to see the high/low counters get used instead of just the DP one all the time. That 29 hit ForestBlazing combo he did on the Ky was amazing. The yellow Axl has always been my favourite watch.

I'm not really too impressed with that CMV, honestly. Too much respect, too little meat, most of the combos were basically fluff that wasn't all that cool-looking. Highlights being that mass-Kokuu combo v. Potemkin and the more generic chicanery vs Eddie right at the end. Also the song was pretty meh

Aaaaaand that's why I'm vetoing j-Pop.

I mean it's

That's bad even for j-pop.

Aaaanyway, if you don't like it (I'm not going to say the combos are terribly original or that I suddenly don't mind the music, but at least some dude made an effort.), then we oughta get our asses in gear on this CMV we're allegedly making (That's to all you guys.)

Oh, and on Akira: That guy IS good player. But what you should NOT take away from those matches is "woah, to be good, I should practice being psychic with counters." What was good about Akira in those matches was that he has good fundamentals. He went for varied mixup, he did safe things, and above all, he knew when to block, when something was punishable, etc. Akira is the kind of player that I should really be watching for examples of how to play a good spacing game, like the one he plays with the May and the Ky with 5K. I'd honestly say that unless you ARE psychic (and by psychic, I mean, like him, you have a very good grasp of what moves are happening at what time), don't really try to replicate the counters thing. It doesn't gain you a lot of payoff anyway. Also, while he's a very strong player, probably a habit of his that's bad to imitate is ending so many blockstrings with 63214S (Very risky and he does it far too much to not be predictable. You'll note it's almost always blocked. Then again, maybe I'm missing something here.)

Maybe this isn't the right place to ask this, but I have a question regarding axl: I just found out a friend plays GGAC (YES) so I'm trying to see if I can't get some games with him. BUT he went on to mention how his roommate doesn't play it because it's broken. When I asked him, I was expecting some Eddie junk but instead, he mentioned that Axl has an infinite that was one of his ground command attacks that hit in the air or something. Like, maybe it was 3k and 3s, I'm really not an axl user (tried, failed (:(), moved to Johnny (:gonk:)). But he said that it was supposed to be very fast, it hit you back and forth or something, and that it wasn't burstable. Now, I wanted to call him out on bullshit and try to get him to play, but he said that there was even videos of it and that he himself was trapped in it once. I just tried looking for it on youtube, but it seems to be very illusive... So, do you guys know anything about this strange infinite?

After being confused for the longest time, I realized he was probably referencing the shenanigan seen in Axl: Pulp Fiction

Which is black beat as hell

Henaki did upload it but that copy was taken down for some reason.

To be fair, that IS fairly unburstable. But it's also hella techable. Tell your friend he should watch some Ogawa or Niga or Shounen if he wants to see broek shit (Or tell him I'll money match him with Axl and pay out if I use the scary infinite). Besides, infinites are weak sauce. Zappa has an infinite and he's what, B tier at best?

Well, it has been 3 years since i last visited the forum. The board seems to be remodified and my posts are gone lol. There are little Axl users in China compare to that so many threads and posts found here. Sorry i say a lot...

Sign in to follow this