Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Digital Watches

AC: Videos

Thx, I think I know a bit of that but, there's no pause or delay during FD and throw, you can barely see him do FD, and I bet that's Option select.

Except option select FD/Throw doesn't work in this game. At all.

And people dashbrake pretty fast. It's a pretty standard thing. Run, tap FD, throw.

Whoever the player is in those acho videos, he is gdlk. I shat bricks when he read that DAA and 214P'ed it.. hella risky, but, so sexy.

I'll comment on the Testament video, haven't watched the Baiken one. Other than the first game.

Take this with a grain of salt, considering I'm no marvel at the game, but, I feel like you take a lot of unnecessary risks. For examples:

-Throwing yomi kokuugeki, presumably attempts to fish out some type of air movement? Or maybe a dash in even, but, just wiffing that move is a huge risk when you're not FRCing. The TE player could easily punish non FRC'ed kokuu with back beast FRC into just about anything.

-Starting rounds with counters. Housou is a decent tool, but, taking a risk that early in the round, is usually not a good choice for a character liek Axl who depends on momentum.

-The use of your anti airs, seems to be on a guess, not reaction. I see you wiffing a lot of midrange 5P when they haven't left the ground, and a few times even poking with 2H after they'd already jumped/air dashed in.

Other things -

-You seemed scared to put a meaty down on him, TE doesn't have the worlds greatest reversal options besides super, and you can option select counter his warrant attempts.

-You're defense is strong, you're able to block a lot of mix ups on reaction, and you've got IB's, but, you seem antsy.. you eat a lot of counter hits in strings because you press a button after blocking 1-2 moves.

-You're awesome at hit confirming, you converted a lot of random hits in to good damage.

-I like your staggers, but, I felt like you over used S raei in your strings. Particularly, doing it in the corner where it's not going to cross up, you'd do it with out FRC.. the reward here is really little outside of CH, and you risk them escaping the corner

Overall, I thought you were did a lot of good shit, but, often times gave up rounds being to quick to press buttons/being risky.

-Starting rounds with counters. Housou is a decent tool, but, taking a risk that early in the round, is usually not a good choice for a character liek Axl who depends on momentum.

He is the only person against whom I use housou. Cuz 6K, TK badlands, HS Beast only options he uses for start (well, sometimes he starts with 2D or iad back).

thx for help, man

The other note I would make is STOP POKING WITH 2P. You used it well to punish, but you're using it too much at neutral. In general, that move loses to everything ever, so putting it out at neutral is a bad plan. It's a good thing to throw down when you know it'll connect/force them to block, but other than that, not worth eating all those counterhits.

Against TE in general, you really need to be zoning with f.S and 5K (f.S for the range and disjointed hitbox, 5K because it'll go over some things. 3P is less useful in this matchup unless he's running in a lot, and on't bother with 2K most of the time unless he's in the air, you can't go under most of his major tools.) and waiting for opportunities, rather than trying to win trades, because Testament is the king of winning trades, and no matter how confident you are in your poking game, he will get damage on nearly any trade, and he will almost always get twice as much as you can, and knockdown/possibly a mark to boot.

There's no AC+R thread yet, so I'll stick this here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEJtI1Wqh3o

Lots of Axl in this 3v3. Shows off a lot of important changes:

- Bomber loops appear to be limited to two reps now, and don't do nearly as much damage, but....

- That's okay, because Axl's midrange game is now hilarious! 5P->6K, 3P Vacuum->2H, [4]6D CH, random Housobako, increased intimidation factor from Rashou are maximum lulz.