Sign in to follow this  
Honnou

I-no vs Sol

Uh.... how do I use this website so I can watch this?

Also, I managed to get that combo you mentioned to work maybe 1 time so far (I barely get to practice right now). Awesome! My biggest problem is getting a super jump to come out of the c.S during the relaunch (so the Pdive wont whiff).

I really need to get my combos down. I'm horribly inconsistent since I'm doing like 15% > knockdown > oki repeatedly, except for a few corner combos. Maybe I should learn stick with another character and then learn I-No instead of trying to do both at the same time?

Yeah, gotta post about how stupidly useful VCL wakeup is. It sounds dumb, since it's something like frame 11... why use it as a reversal on wakeup?

1. Unless my friend always times it wrong, it's beating meaty 2K/2D > pressure / tick throw because it's frame-1 airborne. You get knockdown and can go from there. Maybe you can FRC > combo? I don't know.

2. Beats silly wild throw oki. You're ready to block his silly VV oki and he goes for wild throw instead. Too bad. Almost never happens, but it's a bonus that it works that one time he tried to do something stupid to get in. :yaaay:

3. Beats GRANDU VIPAH. Excellent because he might go for this to beat reversal super, but you hit S instead of H for the VCL, giving you slightly more time to think or even confirm it if the Sol's timing is off.

4. Beats late Fafnir oki. At worst, you CH each other and give him the oki, if he did it immediately as you wake up. If he does it too early, you can just reversal throw instead before it goes active. It's 1-7 frames invincible or so, and starts on 11 like VCL. Sol will use it to bait a throw / punish a backdash / punish a jump out. So, if he throws it late (as close to your wakeup as possible) to make sure you can't throw reversal, you could always 2K. VCL works because he has to try to time it a certain way, and VCL will hit him first (just barely) in this case. Again, if his timing is perfect and you committed to the VCL instead of trying to read, you'll just trade, and have to wake up into his oki since you'll wallbounce when he just gets knocked down. That can suck, but you're still beating a lot of options Sol has for oki that are relatively good.

It's not something to spam, but in this matchup, it covers a ton of options. I love it.

Sign in to follow this