Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shtkn

AC+R Location Test discussion thread

- 6P - CH untechable time 60F -> 56F on ground hit, 32F -> 28F on air hit

- D - startup 23F -> 25F

- 2D - now prorates 85%

- jD - floats on ground hit (was knockdown) untechable 28F, 46F on CH; recovery 29F total -> 25F total; cannot repeat j.D input until j.D has disappeared

- 222H - FRC point added 14-16F

- Lightning Sphere - new command, 4D after CSE, vacuums on ground and air hits and blocks

- Charged Drive (Lightning Sphere follow-up) - forced prorate 70%, wallsticks (was blowback) untechable 80F, sticks for 60F

- Ride The Lightning (632146H) - FRC point added 53-56F

- air Ride The Lightning (j632146H) - FRC point added 53-56F, start-up 10+1 -> 7+1

- 3H - new normal, like 6H from #re, 36x2 dmg, 5 lvl, 23F startup, 8,1F active, 3F recovery, +15 on block, forces crouch on hit

- S Rising Javelin - new VT follow-up, 16 dmg, 5 lvl, 17F start-up, 5F active, 6F landing recovery, wallsticks (untechable 62F, wallstick 32F), FRC 24-26F, in CH state until landing

- FB Greed Sever - new move, 214D, 4 lvl, overhead, 22F startup, 4F active, 21F recovery, -8 on block. Initial prorate 80%, knocks down opponent on air hit (untechable for 44F), ground bounces opponent on CH (untechable for 43F, tested on Sol), Ky is airborne from 5~20F, Ky is in CH state during move

~~~~Jwiki changes-

- 6H - GB- 17 -> 12

- 6K - plummet on air hit, 25F untechable -> blowback on air hit, 18F untechable

- Sacred Edge - travels faster

- CSE - trvel distance increased

------ 1.10 patchnotes ------

- 3HS - Less knockback, Increased Guard Gauge reduction on hit, Ky is considered crouching during the final active frames of the move

- j.D - Less recovery

- Lightning Strike (222HS) - Less Guard Gauge reduction on hit

- FB Greed Saver (214D) - Less recovery, Has invincibility in the start

- Ride the Lightning (632146HS) - Less Guard Gauge reduction on hit

----

done by frame data comparison and j wiki info. Changes labeled as "Jwiki" could not be confirmed by DL ACR frame data.

6/28/12 changelist changes

during air hit, now blows opponent away horizontally

untechable time from 25 to 18f

3h

new move: the old 6H from ggxx, #R, slash

6h

decreases guard bar from 17 to 12

j.d

recovery lessened by 4f

can not be done more than once

charged stun edge

distance increased

lightning strike

can now be frc'd.

now bounces

s lightning javelin

new move

blows opponent away and downward. wall sticks

fb greed sever

new addition

lightning sphere

larger hitbox

now vacuums grounded opponents

command changed to 4d

charged drive

now wallsticks

base damage now 70%

ride the lightning

can now be frc'd around the frames where ky stops charging in

air ride the lightning

startup changed to 7+1f.

can now be frc'd around the frames where ky stops charging in

sacred edge

ball speed now increased

credits to coolest for translations

pretty minor stuff overall, which is fine by me. seems about hte same as vanilla AC to me. hopefully charge drive won't be useless now.

untech time refers to air "hitstun" so ground hitstun should remain unchanged meaning 6K > 2K still exists.

Most of the changes seem to range from slightly better than worthless to sadness (really? no multiple j. d?)

So yeah, same old sad Ky.

6K, 6H, and aRtL changes are all pretty sweet. No real nerfs is nice since they seem to be balancing downward. Need to see the new moves but more moves is very rarely a bad thing and 3H Was definitely a nice move back in XX/#R/Slash. I'm pretty content with these changes if they stand.

6K, 6H, and aRtL changes are all pretty sweet. No real nerfs is nice since they seem to be balancing downward. Need to see the new moves but more moves is very rarely a bad thing and 3H Was definitely a nice move back in XX/#R/Slash. I'm pretty content with these changes if they stand.

How was the old 6hs good, I wasn't very competitive before AC but I always thought it was ass especially compared to the new 6hs. But yea changes don't seem to be major, ky just needs stronger damage output really.

+17 on block, When meaty it would bait Volcanic Viper/Beta Blade/Whatever you want, Gattling from close slash, insane guard crank, jump cancelable, special cancelable, it was a very good move. Forces crouching on hit too because why not. It's also just as fast if not faster then the new one. It was really really good. The one is kinda bad compared to it. His old one was one of the better normals he had.

For some reason the whole concept of Wallstick bothers me. How do you relaunch in such a tight corner from that?

+17 on block, When meaty it would bait Volcanic Viper/Beta Blade/Whatever you want, Gattling from close slash, insane guard crank, jump cancelable, special cancelable, it was a very good move. Forces crouching on hit too because why not. It's also just as fast if not faster then the new one. It was really really good. The one is kinda bad compared to it. His old one was one of the better normals he had.

That is good to know, never knew that about the old 6hs. When they say "the ball moves faster" for sacred edge they mean the sword right? And what are people's thoughts on some of Ky's moves giving wall sticks?

Just trying to create discussion here and learn more :3

well from what i read charge drive>6hs works in loketest 1 so you can probably get 200+ easily with it near corner with good starter

one change i'm not sure about is charge drive base damage 70%... is this minimum damage? i don't remember this mechanic ever existing in gg. 70% minimum damage would be insane! tha'td be like 100 damage enders for 50 meter.

one change i'm not sure about is charge drive base damage 70%... is this minimum damage? i don't remember this mechanic ever existing in gg. 70% minimum damage would be insane! tha'td be like 100 damage enders for 50 meter.

Yea I think that is exactly what it is is. I didn't see many Ky's use it outside of the middle of the combo but it looked like it was doing a lot more then it did in AC. I was really excited when I saw how much damage it did. But why is Ky the only character to get such a feature? And 70% seems really high on a move right Charge Drive. 98 damage end combo seems a little insane.

If that is really so, then that would be interesting. I think they were trying to make the charge drive worth it; otherwise why do 180-200 dmg with 2D -> FB -> charge drive for 50% when you can do at least 180 dmg with 2D-> HSE -> FRC air combo for 25%.

This gives me hella incentive to use his FB overdrive, plus they get stuck to the wall like a counter hit DOT, so you can run up and do even more damage afterwards.

Also, does 3H still force crouching?

Ky Kiske

- 3HS

* Less knockback

* Increased Guard Gauge reduction on hit

* Ky is considered crouching during the final active frames of the move

- j.D

* Less recovery

- Lightning Strike (222HS)

* Less Guard Gauge reduction on hit

- FB Greed Saver (214D)

* Less recovery

* Has invincibility in the start

- Ride the Lightning (632146HS)

* Less Guard Gauge reduction on hit

Changes in the upcoming +R patch courtesy of Alzarath. Looks like Ky got almost nothing but more buffs. Less recovery and lolinvul on FB Greed Sever could be interesting. 3HS has less knockback (!) but reduces the guard bar more on hit. Stars have less recovery too, could make oki with them safer and easier to combo from.

Did anyone ever post up what were kys final changes period before this? Like what the mook said? Anyway ride the lighting changes are pretty silly I think.. I think that is making the move to useful now more so than other supers. You can already combo off if pretty realistically and now the damage is even going to be more so? Just makes super fireball less usefull, as well as orb super.. Kinda lame I think.. Jump dust having better recovery should be nice though. Set ups should be safer, and certain things that are kinda combo video to time, like air dash double dust misc cross up should be more realstic. Unless its just the landing recovery that ends up being diff. EX light saber having invincability should be pretty good, to be honest the move has a pretty decent hit box as it is, so I can see it actually being used as a ghetto dp.

I really don't see RTL changes being a game changer for Ky, even if it does reduce guard gauge less I can't see it being like a staple in his combos. Also Orb super is pretty awesome in this one since the wall stick gives you a free followup combo in the corner.

Ky's Sacred Edge super has never been good anyway, unless you just wanted a ghetto combo off of 2D or something.

I really don't see RTL changes being a game changer for Ky, even if it does reduce guard gauge less I can't see it being like a staple in his combos. Also Orb super is pretty awesome in this one since the wall stick gives you a free followup combo in the corner.

Ky's Sacred Edge super has never been good anyway, unless you just wanted a ghetto combo off of 2D or something.

Well not saying its game changing per say, but its making a move that didnt need to be better, better I think. You can already combo off ride the lighting for decent damage in regular AC. And its even easier in ACR, and now this update now its going to do even more damage. I think the whole idea of comboing after a super was part of the FUN of the super fireball and usefullness of it. And in AC obviously they made it it not knock you as high, so its harder to get the super for free. Since the move doesnt have that time buffer after it like other supers, so you can use it for 25% or whatever. I dunno I just dont think ride the lighting needed to be changed.. If they want to make it more fun or give it a gimmick why not make it OTG or something since ky doesnt really have a move that does that..

Yeah, it seems like with that change, Sacred Edge is kinda useless now, outside of the unblockable ghetto trick or Sacred Edge -> FRC -> lightning strike OTG hilarity. Machabo's endgame damage combo of 2D -> TK RTL -> followup may have a lot more utility now, though it remains to be seen if it would be better than SE FRC or Orb outside of endgame damage.

- 6K - on air hit plummet -> blow back (untechable 25F)

- 6P - CH untechable time 60F -> 56F on ground hit, 32F -> 28F on air hit

- D - startup 23F -> 25F

- 2D - now prorates 85%

- jD - floats on ground hit (was knockdown) untechable 28F, 46F and higher float on CH; recovery 29F total -> 25F total; cannot repeat j.D input until j.D has disappeared

- 222H - FRC point added 14-16F, removes OTG state on hit

- Lightning Sphere - new command, 4D after CSE, vacuums on ground and air hits and blocks

- Charged Drive (Lightning Sphere follow-up) - forced prorate 70%, wallsticks (was blowback) untechable 80F, sticks for 60F

- Ride The Lightning (632146H) - FRC point added 53-56F

- air Ride The Lightning (j632146H) - FRC point added 53-56F, start-up 10+1 -> 7+1

- 3H - new normal, like 6H from #re, 36x2 dmg, 5 lvl, 23F startup, 8,1F active, 3F recovery, +15 on block, forces crouch on hit

- S Rising Javelin - new VT follow-up, 16 dmg, 5 lvl, 17F start-up, 5F active, 6F landing recovery, wallsticks (untechable 62F, wallstick 32F), FRC 24-26F, in CH state until landing

- FB Greed Sever - new move, 214D, 4 lvl, overhead, 22F startup, 4F active, 21F recovery, -8 on block. Initial prorate 80%, knocks down opponent on air hit (untechable for 44F), ground bounces opponent on CH (untechable for 43F, tested on Sol), Ky is airborne from 5~20F, Ky is in CH state during move

~~~~Jwiki changes-

- 6H - GB- 17 -> 12

- 6K - plummet on air hit, 25F untechable -> blowback on air hit, 18F untechable

- Sacred Edge - travels faster

- CSE - trvel distance increased

------ 1.10 patchnotes ------

- 3HS - Less knockback, Increased Guard Gauge reduction on hit, Ky is considered crouching during the final active frames of the move

- j.D - Less recovery

- Lightning Strike (222HS) - Less Guard Gauge reduction on hit

- FB Greed Saver (214D) - Less recovery, Has invincibility in the start

- Ride the Lightning (632146HS) - Less Guard Gauge reduction on hit

----

done by frame data comparison and j wiki info. Changes labeled as "Jwiki" could not be confirmed by DL ACR frame data.