Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoschao222

[CSE] Noel Vermillion General Gameplay Discussion.

^What do you mean by j.2C as a stand alone move? I'm under the impression that j.2C is a RB follow-up move only according to her move list. @.@

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTpxQPpcVuE&feature=player_detailpage#t=61s

You'll see it here when she does the first combo with RB > j.2C, then whiffs the next combo, and afterward hits a j.B > j.C > j.2C combo.

^lol. I just saw the video. Hmmm...The move list is a fail then.

Her Haider seems like it doesn't bounce the opponent that high anymore.

Well, in a way it isn't since you are actually able to do that attack after RB when normally any other attacks aren't possible without RC'ing.

Yeah, I was reading something along the lines of Haida getting toned down in the jBBS.

Looks like Bloom Trigger wall-splats instead of wall bouncing now. Might be a really small distance of activation since another combo ended in BT near the corner, but only knocked down. Also, it seems d.6C is much faster now.

I'm particularly interested in the fact that d.5B wallbounces now. The d.5B>236A>2A>6C combo looks really interesting!

I'm also wondering how 6C(2)>2D will be utilized... but seeing as a lot of things required her to be near the corner, she may be even more corner dependent than before... I don't that will be a problem, though, seeing how 2D and her combos seem to still carry her long distances :lol:.

It's a Crush Trigger of some sort since a chunk of meter was used to do the move. I'm gonna guess it's for Chamber Shot.

or maybe perhaps we could use her crush trigger to help extend and build other combos with her.....im interested in testing this idea. i noticed that after it hit the opponent bullet didnt tech as fast as i thought even with it just being a knockdown of sorts i wonder how big the hitbox is. maybe a 2A or 2B follow up is possible. on a side note for her 2D im not liking that change at all..... and the 6C(2) > 2D just looks..... weird for me. i rather they gave the ability to use both variations of j.4D from extend and CS1. the CS1 j.4D had auto aim correction and moved the way you wanted it to move forward or backwards i think using it after 6C(2) midscreen would have looked alot better than the 2D variation imo but i can only dream for now. otherwise 2D looks hella unsafe now. i can see it now....2D and ragna just standing there under her 2D he waits till she about to land and hits a 5B before she lands..COUNTAH!!......*face palm*

I'm liking the new 2D change from the aspect of limiting the derp that she had in drive choices. I think this new one might give us an alternate way of getting in through reads if the hitbox on the way down allows for it.

I'm particularly interested in the fact that d.5B wallbounces now. The d.5B>236A>2A>6C combo looks really interesting!

I'm also wondering how 6C(2)>2D will be utilized... but seeing as a lot of things required her to be near the corner, she may be even more corner dependent than before... I don't that will be a problem, though, seeing how 2D and her combos seem to still carry her long distances :lol:.

That is very interesting. With CS A Optic Barrel gone, I guess this d.5B changes is to help promote the use of the the longer distances of Optic Barrel... Jeez, what's a good theory combo...

combo into d.5B > 236A > dash > 6C (1) > j.D > 6D > drive combo ender.

I wonder how far d.5B will knock people when they're on the ground... It's such a good "don't come near me" move to use during drive...

And I just noticed that Noel will at least be able to use a special during her drive, so we may be able to at least safely exit her Drive without having to rapid ^__^!

RIP Optic Barrel A

How dare they?

I honestly wouldn't worry about it. Chamber Shot looks like a really cool new tool, and it seems useful in combos as well! I also saw it walbounce people, so maybe it'll be an alternative to Bloom Trigger or something like that.

I don't want to get my hopes up, but I hope we can do combos like these in CP:

Midscreen:

5A/2A>6A>6C>j.D>d.6B>d.6C>d.5C>d.5B>236A>66>2A>6C>6D>d.5D>d.5C>d.6B>236C

5A/2A>6A>6C>j.D>d.6B>d.6C>d.5C>d.5B>236A>66>2A>6C>j.C>jc>j.B>j.C>j.236C>2C

Mid to Corner:

5A/2A>6A>6C>j.D>d.6B>d.6C>d.5C>d.5B>236A>66>2A>6C>4D>214D>66>2A>6C(2)>6C>6D>d.5D>d.5C>d.6B>236C>Fenrir

I feel like chamber shot could have been another input. Optic Barrel A was an important spacing tool.

ASW balancing, whatever.

I guess the point of making chamber shot was to fill the empty space in front of noel when executing Optic Barrel A.. it's not that bad though I like the wall bounce and quick recovery makes her more corner dependent than before.

i honestly rather they change the inputs for the OBs and chamber shot. chamber shot should have been 236A instead and should have kept optic barrel B and C the same input its much simplier and makes sense overall unless they going by the fact chanber shot looks like a C based attack in terms of the way it looks and properties.

true. i dont blame them though. i just dont wanna go through the move command change thing like CT >CS1 noel did. that was hell for a minute or 2 but ill get over it lol

I'm sure you'll be able to get used to the change after a little while. Besides, she doesn't seem like she has a totally different kind of moveset. So, I'm pretty sure we'll only have to learn maybe one or two new inputs and habits. Still, it shouldn't be too hard of a transition.

Also on a totally unrelated note:

I love how people bitch about how easy Noel is, yet complain how "hard" her combos are. :v: :v: :v:

:toot: