Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoschao222

[CSE] Noel Vermillion General Gameplay Discussion.

Chamber Shot is fine. Personally, I didn't use OpticA much outside of combos. I found myself filling in the space that it could use instead with a 5C to fish for counter hits.

If you didn't use Optic Barrel A for spacing, you're doing it wrong. OBA was amazing, don't understand why Chamber Shot couldn't have been 214 instead of 236.

i agree on OBA being very nice. its pretty nifty on AA ppl with it from a jump in and also spacing to stop charge-ins too i personally loved and also the double OBA frame trap was nice too you could pressure into OBA > RC > OBA this was good in the corner mostly cuz its technically somewhat unsafe as a pressure string ender upclose but you can frame trap them with another one and can net up 5k and get 50 heat back from it too it was great for me. midscreen was about 2-3k with half the meter back but nontheless was pretty effective when used at the right times

Personal preferences, I guess. I only used it sparingly outside of combos, as I felt it broke my momentum during pressure.

Personal preferences, I guess. I only used it sparingly outside of combos, as I felt it broke my momentum during pressure.

Same with me lol

well thats the idea of it honestly. i always thought you supposed to use it sparingly in certain situations in a match not hit it all the time as if its a 4D. i used it on average outside of combos maybe 3 to 5 times in an entire match given but like i said best used with 50 heat since you can frame trap them with it cuz thats the idea you want your opponent to think most know thats a sign saying ok her pressure momentum pretty much ended so ima hit a button and start my shit. thats when you RC the first one and hit a second one and before you know it CH OBA success free combo. it always worked for me when i used it in that manner. oh well _-_ good times i guess..

Imagine if OBA had the versatility of CSX 4D....

Which reminds me, Chamber doesn't fatal, does it? Or is that not known...

I'd assume it doesn't but like.... it's a shotgun... I want it to fatal D:

i highly doubt its a fatal since noel has 2 fatals already but then again mu-12 has 3 fatals sooo..... yea but anyhow even if it had fatal property you couldnt follow up on it midscreen unless you had your opponents back faced to the wall and i dont think its likely to happen just as its unlikely to hit a FC 4D while your opponent is in the corner instead of noel. i see the idea working if chamber shot has a pretty good vertical hitbox as well as horizontal that can be used as an AA of sorts and FCs pp out the air in a similar manner to 6C(2) but slightly more hang time in the air tho

Depends on how the FC Chamber Shot works, if it does get Fatal status. If it midscreen wallbounces, then it'll be crazy good. I'd imagine the P1 on it would be really good to. But alas, only speculation so far.

from what i know so far it only wallbounces in the corner currently. midscreen showed it works the same as BT so far. i have yet to see it be used by itself as a CH but something tells me its the same result. i really hope it can be used as an AA and for spacing too. theres also a hint in the JBBs for noel that someon testing her felt like her 5B was funny as if it lost some range.... i REALLY hope that isnt the case.

from what i know so far it only wallbounces in the corner currently. midscreen showed it works the same as BT so far.

Again, while merely speculation, it's not unusual for a CH or FC starter to have a different effect than normal hit, I mean, look at Assault Through.

Amen to that DC. Matter of fact i wonder how chamber shot is on block i hope its safe atleast be +2 on block that would be nice as hell to have another pressure string ender instead of 2B , 2C , and 2A trying to reset the thing over and over again. i also praying they buff her j.B and j.C range ans a christmas wish is a buff in range for 2C too ^_^

Amen to that DC. Matter of fact i wonder how chamber shot is on block i hope its safe atleast be +2 on block that would be nice as hell to have another pressure string ender instead of 2B , 2C , and 2A trying to reset the thing over and over again. i also praying they buff her j.B and j.C range ans a christmas wish is a buff in range for 2C too ^_^

It'd be even better if those > +1 block frames were from specific CR moves trololol. I do think 2C needs to go back to +3 though.

And on Chamber Shot, I don't see it being + at all since it seems like it's our basic BnB ender. Who knows? Maybe they'll give us something like Bang 623B shenanigans... :x

NOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL

So I'm still out of the loop for Noel stuffs, Chamber Shot took over optic inputs?

It's our new ender? What's going on with drive then?

BT no longer wallbounces in the corner it now wallsticks like GG does which virtually makes BT > fenrir almost impossible or very hard to connect based on video footage the opponent was too close to the ground when fenrir was being used and the opponent hit the ground before fenrir connected and looked funny. i couldnt see if it was red or blue beat so its iffy tho so we may have to replace BT with chamber shot to make it work normally

BT no longer wallbounces in the corner it now wallsticks like GG does which virtually makes BT > fenrir almost impossible or very hard to connect based on video footage the opponent was too close to the ground when fenrir was being used and the opponent hit the ground before fenrir connected and looked funny. i couldnt see if it was red or blue beat so its iffy tho so we may have to replace BT with chamber shot to make it work normally

Gotcha.

BT being a combo ender made sense, but it so was pretty as a mid corner combo move ;_;

Eh, I'm sure BT will still have its uses, but I'm welcoming the new Chamber Shot move. I'm really excited to see what we can do with it! Besides, we could probably switch out Chamber Shot for BT depending on the situation.

so far it looks like BT is still gonna be normal midscreen combo ender. i did noticed how BT miscreen no longer ground slides like it does midscreen instead you can neutral tech in place when you hit the ground from BT hit so idk kinda iffy... i did see BT being used in a corner combo but its only 4D > d.6C > BT > 6C.... also took note that BT seem to hit twice alot more often idk if BT's hitbox got changed or the combo just lets the opponent fall down a little faster or something. also a side note from observation her d.6C seems to have a vaccum eff in a juggle combo its barely noticable but it seems like it since BT hit twice after the d.6C without any delay in the corner and usually it whiffs 1 hit in extend in this fashion but this time it hit twice. the opponent was rather drawn closer to noel at the end of d.6C before BT hit them just thought id put that out there.

It does seem that d.6C did get more of a vacuum effect... But it seems that people are just being pushed along it's path better... Like, they'll be pushed forward when Bolverk is going forward, and they'll be pushed back when Bolverk is coming back. It seems to have gotten to the point, though, that d.6C won't be missing anymore hits, though, so I'm happy for that improvement. Can't wait to see how useful d.6C will be against people!

im not sure how this change will influence our combos but i suppose that midscreen 4D > d.6C > as a juggle will be more viable. however the more i look at the d.6C's last hits and draws closer to noel in a more 45 degree angle downwards to her the more i fear that we may have possibly lost our 4D > AST combo pathways...

I actually like how d.6C is acting, really. I really hope it means no more hurtboxes that act weirdly, like how if Ragna was d.6C'd in the air the wrong way, one hit would miss and mess up the whole combo :vbang:. If d.6C changes mean that no more random hurtbox lulziness will happen, then I'm all for it.

yea same here but if the new change to it is gonna cause noel to lose our comboable AST methods i rather they take it back. its looking pretty close to becoming a reality the more i look at it man...