Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoschao222

[CSE] Noel Vermillion General Gameplay Discussion.

Losing AST methods isn't bad... I mean, we dealt with losing using specials during drive, and we turned out fine. Besides, Noel getting new combos would be pretty cool ^__^. It would be a bit boring if she had the same combos... Besides, maybe her new options are even better and more varied! Besides, it's not just Noel that looks like they could lose their regular combo paths; it seems everyone is gonna have to find new ways to combo.

Honestly, I'm excited for it. New look+New combos combination would be really cool. Then again, we could still be keeping out AT options in the corner, so it's possible we won't have to change that much.

But hey, it's only been the first few loketests, I wouldn't be too worried if I were you :lol:.

true but the problem is most tests they had in the past the first ones usually stayed but with few minor changes at the final test. secondly Mori already stated that CP is gonna have shorter combos and to achieve that that means taking out the long parts in a combo. if they take that out ima be a bit upset. they already fucked up my 22B and 22C usability. specifically 22C since it got changed back to CS1 status again.

Pretty sure Chamber Shot was meant to end normal midscreen combos (but can and will be used for other purposes)

Consider how Noel is one of the few characters that could not get a hard knockdown after like a midscreen 5a. (Disregard 5a 6a for a second, as that requires very close range) After a 5a her midscreen combo is something like 5b 5c 2c, no knockdown and no knockdown. (Now consider a character like Ragna who can end in Hell's Fang)

Hopefully Chamber Shot can fill that void after 2c to give her actual midscreen combos.

But hey I could be completely wrong, I've only watched like part of one video lol.

chamber shot does give us that knockdown we needed badly its legit pretty much it works on 5A > 5B > 5C > CS and also 2C > CS. the first did like 900 dmg. 2C > CS did 1200 but a knockdown overall is good enough Thank God we no longer have to RC to get a midscreen combo to work off of non CH hit phew i seriously got tired of RC into a 2.4- 2.6k combo with half the heat back.

^ SO. VERY. TRUE. No more praying for crouching 5a/5b hits or relying on overheads just to USE 3C

Also if BT wallsticks now is it still possible to do the TK Thor run across screen Fenrir ender? That may be mandatory (which sucks because I could only do it like half the time due to my lack of diligence)

Unfortunately not really. Its highly likely we cant do that anymore due to how BT hits the opponent and how it BARELY connects to fenrir now. the reason why is cuz the wallstick doesnt "bounce back up" the opponent from hitting against wall instead it just "sticks them to the same spot they hit the wall at and drop pretty fast back down". In this situation thats about the height of noels 2A ontop of her gun against the wall which is not very high and the time on the wall is not as long as the wallbounce variation thats not enough time to do alot considering it was hard for fenrir to connect since the opponent still hit the ground first before fenrir even hit them (cant see video closely to confirm if it was red beat or blue) so i feel that BT > 6C > TK thor is gonna be next to impossible without blue beating it unless you wanna spend 100 heat on the idea to make the combination faster. This is why BT may be replaced with Chamber Shot instead since it gives that wallbounce property we need to hit fenrir more consistently and most likely the 6C > TK Thor you want.

yes it cause knockdown. well more like a launch off imo similar to her 6A the only real way to say its a knockdown is if we can hit a 22B or 22C afterwards in general without using j.D , 3C, 214A or a throw in the same combo otherwise its just a launcher similar to BT to corner push midscreen.

I wouldn't call a 100 Heat ender "mandatory" under any circumstances :P

Optimal would have been a better word

well.. anymore questions or concerns im happy to discuss if needed. _-_ in the meantime im breaking my ass off in p4 trying to incorperate IAD / TK Megido pressure with Naoto so far its fun to experiment with

New noel looks like she is turning out just fine atm....but this IS first loketest....so changes will most likely happen. So happy about Chamber shot though lol

yeah. the only thing i dont like about her currently is the new 2D otherwise everythings is ok. Im REALLY happy we can finally end our midscreen combos more legitly with chamber shot without depending on 6A > BT combos and RC > 6A combos or crouching hit combos ^_^

yeah. the only thing i dont like about her currently is the new 2D otherwise everythings is ok. Im REALLY happy we can finally end our midscreen combos more legitly with chamber shot without depending on 6A > BT combos and RC > 6A combos or crouching hit combos ^_^

Yea true that and i must admit...when I saw new 2D I laughed first...then got really sad hahaha

I'm probably the only one who is fine with new 2D. At least that's one less move scrubs will mash. Always gotta be on the lookout for that.

I'm probably the only one who is fine with new 2D. At least that's one less move scrubs will mash. Always gotta be on the lookout for that.

Skyking, i'm okay with it too....just very funny to look at lol. Barely used 2D in this game anyway :v

Yay now we have a shooting star _-_ lol. but seriously i hope they change it back cuz that nerfs noel down seriously in the defensive option department. but then again it could be a blessing in disguise. It can potentially weed out the dumb noels to a degree i guess.

I'0m amazed oyu guys are the only character actually getting an outfit change and lots of cool (?) shit but yet it's the deadest board?

DEADER THAN VALKENHAYN'S

The outfit isn't exactly gameplay related, and I wouldn't necessarily call most the shit Noel got or lost coo' (her new moves and changed CA are nice though). We talked when there was stuff to talk about, Noel also has a Group which talked when there was stuff to talk about. And finally, NVG has a Skype group, and while I left it, I'm sure they tal--- pffhahaha, sorry, couldn't finish that, but yeah, stuff was discussed when we had available info.

Thanks alot. ok i did some reading and tried to translate somewhate and this is what i came up with so far and im baffled with what im reading from loc test 2:

6A startup increased to 13 or 14F? (is 10F currently in EX)

Fenrir raw is 2400 (from what i see they mentioned about fenrirs damage of 800 which i think is the new minimun damage instead of 700)

Astral input is said to be 236236C

New possible links/gatlings:

5B > 6A > 5B...

6C > 6B

someone mentioned Spring Raid seemed to have some invincibility (take as a grain of salt but i hope this is true)

mentioned about j.4D's movement of some sort. seemed like they were touching on the lines of it being like its CS1 counterpart of its movement control (dont quote me but this is a guess)

combo paths they are currently testing out:

2B > 6A > 6C > 6B > 22B~C ...

6A >6C > 6B > 6D > 4D > AST...

5A > 2B > 5B > 6A > 6C > 2C...

6B > 5D > 5C > 6C > 6D > BT > 6C > JD > BT > Fenrir

and she still hitting 4k....so yea.