Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoschao222

[CSE] Noel Vermillion General Gameplay Discussion.

This thread is for gameplay related discussion only; be it combos, new technology, questions, whatever. A bit of off-topic nonsense is alright, but in general, keep waifu talk and the like to NVG.

Most basics can be found in the stickied threads.

Again, stay more or less on-topic, or your post will get deleted (by someone... probably).

Okay, so I've been messing around with the SMP glitch and here's what I've found so far:

Optic Barrel loop

Midscreen Haida loop

Corner Haida loop

The corner Haida uses two Rachel specific reps at first, but you can just use normal reps against other characters instead. Anyone else found anything cool yet? (Besides this of course~)

so is SMP going to totally change the game around in terms of fatal starters and stuff?

What exactly is this SMP glitch anyway? :/

The game only keeps track of SMP for ten separate moves. If you do a combo using ten attacks with same move proration, the 11th's SMP will never be factored.

Is it a glitch? Maybe. I don't know, I guess it doesn't sound like something intentional but at the same time doesn't spin like something that would be so easily overlooked. Anyway to put it simply, if you use 10 moves in one combo that have same move proration, the 11th SMP attacks and so on are not affected by SMP.

Edit: ninja'd

It's gotta be a glitch, I mean, why would the rules of SMP just suddenly stop applying? And outside of Noel, the odds of doing a combo with 10 SMP moves was a pretty rare event.

It's gotta be a glitch, I mean, why would the rules of SMP just suddenly stop applying? And outside of Noel, the odds of doing a combo with 10 SMP moves was a pretty rare event.

typical blood kain combo does like, 12 lol

...I don't quite get it...

So moves that would normally suffer scaling don't after a certain repetition? Is the damage scaled down to its lowest point or is the scaling reset?

so is SMP going to totally change the game around in terms of fatal starters and stuff?

For Noel, doesn't seem like it.

Hitstun is still a key factor in Noel's (or any character's) combos, so FC 4D still looks like our strongest starter.

And @ Hex: Your first 3 links are all the same video, unless my computer is being wonky.

it does really boost her meter gain in the corner to ridiculous levels though, off many practical starters as well

And @ Hex: Your first 3 links are all the same video, unless my computer is being wonky.

This ^^

And yeah, seems like for Noel, it'd be gdlk for meter gain.

I fucked up. Fixed it now though.

yeah i just tested this and this is scaling on averge of 5 to 6k with nearly 100 heat gain meterless this is actually pretty useful in the corner and can set up a tech trap depending on the method used to get this smp thing going. so far i see 5 situations i came up with that does this. btw just wanna make sure that everyone reconize that 22C as a stand alone is a smp and that a 22B ~ C the C part of this notation is not being counted as the same move as a raw 22C.

ok found another variation of the smp. uses the 22b~C as the repeat loop. can be looped only twice without burst involved. can be looped about 4 times with 2 bursts.

also found the maximum reps i got for optic barrel loop was about 4 or 5 before it drops.

to be honest i dont think EX is gonna be patched at all. they too focused on Xblaze or the simple fact that they did enough repatching to be doing this again unless they wanna really go there but i dont think they plan to repatch this time. i rather they let it be and go straight into bb3 fuck a patch cuz itll just kill the series entirely pretty much at this point.

lol or we could just get some new moves or fighting styles and a few new characters. i say 5 new mechanics 3 new modes 7 new characters 1 EX move(like jin) for everyone 4 new moves for everyone (DD included) and tag team functions in bb somehow.....then i can be truely happy with tears :")

Yeah I don't think this is broken enough to be patched. The ridiculous meter gain is pretty hilarious though.

Yo I'm working on a unrelated Noel midscreen shenanigans video though. IMO this is something I've been doing and all Noel players should be doing. Should have it finished soon~

If you want to tell me I can add it and give ya credit. I plan on adding some random stuff at the end of the video too.

I don't own the game or a system or recording equipment either honestly. I'm gonna borrow it from a friend.