Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoschao222

[CSE] Noel Vermillion General Gameplay Discussion.

Made a simple SMP combo today, I'll post it up when I get the chance, it's just a really basic 8.1k combo.

lol it's only the standard 4D fatal confirm.

4D Fatal > d.6C > d.2D > d.623D > 6C

there you go, first 5 notations lol

Corner, it's a really basic combo, but no gold bursts or anything, just 100 heat at the end.

I'm assuming it's the basic loop with TK Super>dash ground super? Surprised no one has tried that yet. :/

I'm assuming it's the basic loop with TK Super>dash ground super? Surprised no one has tried that yet. :/

it's the basic confirm > basic loop > TK Super > ground super

hit the nail on the head there

4D Fatal > d.6C > d.2D > d.623D > 6C(2) > 6C > j.D > d.4D > d.214D > 446C > 5D > d.236D > 6C > LOOP(about 9 or 10 reps) > 22C~66 > 66C > TK Thor > Fenrir

does 8.1k

I only had about 15 minutes to figure something out and record it before class, so I couldn't attempt anything out of the ordinary

but I still like this one since it's practical as all hell.

So is this game basically devolving into Calamity Trigger again? Sounds like a good time to stop playing. :/

Also not to sound like an ass, but shouldn't this go in the combo thread? I mean we have a combo thread for a reason. /baseless trolling

it's the basic confirm > basic loop > TK Super > ground super

hit the nail on the head there

4D Fatal > d.6C > d.2D > d.623D > 6C(2) > 6C > j.D > d.4D > d.214D > 446C > 5D > d.236D > 6C > LOOP(about 9 or 10 reps) > 22C~66 > 66C > TK Thor > Fenrir

does 8.1k

ok luna im havinng trouble with this one when it comes to the 6C loop situation cuz for me they teching out. i attempted atleast 11 times but no cigar _-_ perhaps im missing something.... idk

So is this game basically devolving into Calamity Trigger again?

You mean fun? :toot::toot:

You mean fun? :toot::toot:

>Noel can loop 6C

>Calamity Trrigger

>Fun...

I can see that. ^__^

Ehh, nice having SMP combos, but Noel doesn't really need them. Having them pretty practical is nice, and cool meter building trick. I'd still like better normals for her, personally.

One thing at a time, Sky, I hardly think we're gonna find any glitches any time soon to make our normals better :P

Yeah, not like another BB game is gonna come out soon anyway. And even if it did, she'd still have the same ones as always. I'll say though, I don't mind them too much now.

I actually want different color palettes for the next one, if they decide to make one.

I want Noel to be completely revamped in BB3, it obviously won't happen since that'd require work, but I want it, nonetheless.

Well I mean Noel has been pretty different from her previous incarnation in every iteration, especially CT to CS1, so significant changes from EX to BB3 isn't so hard to imagine.

But anyway let's try to keep the discussion about the current Noel.

ok i think i already said this before but anyhow heres the wake up pseudo oki i been working on thats pretty solid but does have its risks involved. ok if you're doing a combo that is in the corner or leads into the corner, you can set up a 6C(2) towards the latter end of the combo and allow the opponent to wallbound. as this occures you can cross under by either doing a 22C > Dash cancel (assuming the combo had a 3C, throw, or j.D involved) or 662B. as you do any of these options the opponent will neutral tech around the same time you recover from either methods and you have several things you can do:

1- 6B on their wake up. this is primarily the option i tend to do since its yields the strongest results for me. since you cross under them initially and end up in the corner instead, when they neutral tech they are still facing the opposite direction and noel will be looking at their backs. generally by the same time they are in teching inv frames you are doing 6B and because the active frames of 6B are long by the time they are able to react to 6B they will get hit if not attempting to block it. if they try to mash they get hit and this setup beats all guardpoint moves in the game ive tested on valk, rachel, bang, tager, hakumen, mu-12, litchi. it also pretty much beats most inv moves as well. i tested on platinum, ragna( his dp can beat it but if you time it right he cant mash dp out of it so it just makes him have to time his dp to beat the 6B otherwise he gets hit for attempting to mash dp), relius (have to slightly time it on him to beat his led ley), litchi, hazama, tager, tao( same situation as ragna), makoto, lambda (her super can beat it but otherwise she stuck either getting hit or blocking it) jin (his 623D is the only dp he has that can beat it otherwise he cant mash DD or dp) and tsubaki (same situation as jin). this seems to have a similar effect to bangs cross-under 2A setup thats pretty hard to react and mash out of which explains why it tends to work majority of the time. if the opponent knows how to block it then simply switch to second option

2- 214A on their wake up. this is a more risky follow up but has a high reward if this lands assuming the opponent is familiar with the first usual 6B option and attempts to block it. this can lead up to 6k meterless easily enough said.

3- 6C on their wake up. generally does the same as 6B for the most part.

4- 5C on their wake up. same as 6B but a bit funny. the 6 active frames is long enough to attemp but i dont recommend it. if this hits thats about 4.5 to 5.5k.

5- sj.4D on their wake up. this is somewhat weird but it works at times if done correctly. ive only tested this on a ragna where they attempted to dp and the j.4D came just out of his reach and both moves whiffed but you can follow up on yours unlike ragna who cant RC on thin air so again this is about 4k in the corner. in the end this is just a weird double cross up.

all in all there are other obvious options like wake up 5A stagger or a throw and Drive shenanigans. the down side to this setup is that you are initially putting yourself into the corner to set up the cross under. and there is a possibility that they may block it. but from my experience with this id say about 80% of the time the 6B doesnt get blocked at all or they attempted to mash out and they got hit anyways into a free combo. you can call it the 6C cross under tech trap or what not.

Btw fun fact: you can use this setup at the end of noels 6C smp loop for a huge heat gain and some oki at the end of it too. :kitty:

That 8.1k combo is the first SMP combo besides the Litchi one that is actually worth using...

too bad its only tager and rachel specific.... _-_ otherwise id use it on the entire cast. but we can do the 6C smp loop variation and still get 7.7k which is close enough to replace it pretty much.

I wonder if all this fancy SMP combos should be learned at all. Noel has pretty awesome meter gain regardless... Then again, it never hurts to know new things, right?