Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolxBaiken

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle

I wonder if a tier-list ever came up for this game? They are done patching it pretty much, right?

A few Japanese sites did tier lists for 1.04

If you google the game's Japanese title and wiki, you'll find tier lists for each version.

I wonder if a tier-list ever came up for this game? They are done patching it pretty much, right?

There's a thread about it at the JoJo community forums, though I'm not sure there's the one and only tier list everyone agrees with. Though to be honest, you don't need a tier list to see Joseph's strengths or Rohan's weaknesses.

Thanks for sharing, didn't know so many people took the game seriously, it looks like a lot of fun and I enjoyed seeing it~

Ok so, I don't know if anyone can answer this engine wonk question, but: Do any of you know if the life steal from DIO's 421C is scaled, along with damage? I'm trying to determine if my 5A, 5B, 5C, 214A RC, j.B, 5C. 421C combo is any good. It deals about sixty less than the usual 5A, 5B, 5C, 214A, 236B+C, and I know the base damage/lifesteal of 421C is around 60 when mashed. So it seems like a fine combo, unless the life steal gets scaled a lot, in which case my net health advantage from it could be a chunk smaller than the super combo. But still better when I have grey health, probably?

Ok so, I don't know if anyone can answer this engine wonk question, but: Do any of you know if the life steal from DIO's 421C is scaled, along with damage? I'm trying to determine if my 5A, 5B, 5C, 214A RC, j.B, 5C. 421C combo is any good. It deals about sixty less than the usual 5A, 5B, 5C, 214A, 236B+C, and I know the base damage/lifesteal of 421C is around 60 when mashed. So it seems like a fine combo, unless the life steal gets scaled a lot, in which case my net health advantage from it could be a chunk smaller than the super combo. But still better when I have grey health, probably?

Not sure if it's worth spending a whole bar just to have a more damaging life stealing combo. Typically if you're going to be RCing in Stand Off mode with DIO, the combo typically goes ... 236M > RC > Stand On > 5L > 5M > 2H > 214L > 9jH > j236L > SR > Stand On > 5L > 5M > 5H > 236H

Since DIO's moveset in Stand On is better than his Stand Off and you want to be in it as much as you can.

A few surprisingly. I'm down to play just as long as you live in the WC and have a wired connection since the netcode is bad and even if you do fulfill those requirements, the quality of the game's netcode still leaves much to be fulfilled.

http://www.play-asia.com/jojo-no-kimyou-na-bouken-all-star-battle-2-japanese-paOS-13-49-en-70-8djh.html

Huh. There was no announcement, just a teaser of something "Shocking" being revealed before the year is over, so this is a bit suspicious. 

I wasn't expecting a sequel after how quickly sales dropped off for the first game in Japan. I'm willing to give CC2 the benefit of the doubt and hope that they've finally learned how to make a "serious" fighting game outside of the Naruto/DBZ mold that isn't casual garbage. But with dumb antics like that CPU vs. CPU "tournament," it really didn't seem like they had any desire to learn from their mistakes and improve.

I don't think it matters how quickly the sales have dropped, it still sold pretty damn well (around 500 thousand copies, AFAIK). Also, the way they approached the balance patches does clearly show that they care about the game's competitive aspect and don't just throw darts at the changes, though ultimately the thing that stands in their way is the graphics engine, and I don't see them changing it anytime soon.

ASB while rough around the edges is playable for the most part. Granted you'll have to go the lengths comparable to competitive smash.

I found myself playing this again for some stupid reason...

Since you live on the West Coast, I wouldn't mind netplaying this game just for the heck of it. I live in SoCal btw.

I found myself playing this again for some stupid reason...

Because beyond the gloss and frame rate lies a decent game.

Looking to play this game again. Own both JP and NA versions if anyone wants to play.

netcode really ass but i'll give it another shot.

Awesome. Where are you from? I'm from the East Coast. The netcode is pretty bad. There should be a player database doc for finding matches close to people for any other people play this game (If anyone else plays that is)

Awesome. Where are you from? I'm from the East Coast. The netcode is pretty bad. There should be a player database doc for finding matches close to people for any other people play this game (If anyone else plays that is)

I''m East coast too so in theory it should be...."playable"

Decided to check out online today to see if anybody is still playing this game and lo and behold, I found one lone trooper waiting to see if anybody would join his Player Room. I joined his room and we actually had a 3 bar connection with each other and it played decently. Not great, but it was playable.

Yeah theirs few dedicated people to this game. Honestly people sleeping on this game. Outside taking off hazards and banning few stages. Competitive play good and real