Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AchedSphinx

[CSE] Lambda Tips & Tricks

Yes you can do that, but the typical inclination is that if Lambda does Crescent Saber, she will attack high, and if she does the fake out she must attack low for it succeed. An interesting way to go about it is Crescent Saber cancel, air dash j.C, Crescent Saber. I've seen plenty of people get mix-up off Crescent Saber cancel into another Crescent Saber.

Ah, I see, thanks for the info. :D

By the way is it a good idea to use 236A to get out of the corner after using Lambdas air grab and to get some space when used at mid-screen?

Ah, I see, thanks for the info. :D

By the way is it a good idea to use 236A to get out of the corner after using Lambdas air grab and to get some space when used at mid-screen?

If you use Lambda's air grab, do a dashing 2B, it will cross under and lead to more damage if done right.

the typical inclination is that if Lambda does Crescent Saber, she will attack high, and if she does the fake out she must attack low for it succeed.

You should also note that you can use this mindset to your advantage; if your opponent is expecting you to go low after the fake out, they'll block low and you can hit them with the second overhead. The important thing to note here is that Lambda's 50/50 relies heavily on conditioning and observing opponent habits; no point going for a Cresent cancel into a low when you know your opponent is just holding downback for example.

If you use Lambda's air grab, do a dashing 2B, it will cross under and lead to more damage if done right.

This is assuming your opponent neutral techs. If they roll your 2B should catch them, so be prepared to follow up with a 2C > combo.

Also, Sphinx, if you need more space for character specific stuff, I'll edit my first post for that instead (although it doesn't look like we'll need to).

Also, Sphinx, if you need more space for character specific stuff, I'll edit my first post for that instead (although it doesn't look like we'll need to).

We shall see. I have a few more in the back of my noggin, but I tend to forget what it was when I hop on the computer.

Odd thing when I play with Lambda, everyone neutral techs, so it usually works for me. Though if your opponent is a masher, you'll get hit, like Hazama and his godlike 2a.

what should I do for a 2b tech catch?

would this work?

2B>2C>j.5DD>dj.2DD>j.214D~C>j.2C>2DD>Air Swords>j.214D

Or should i go simple and go from 2B>2C straight to air swords?

would this work?

I haven't tested that to see if it would work, but if you're confident in your execution then by all means go for a combo that would do more damage/gain more meter in any situation possible lol. :d

would this work?

It works.

2B > 2C > 5C > 6C > 236B or 3C into sickle oki.

That doesn't work for a tech punish though.

It works.

It does 2,592 and builds 31 heat. The easy version (2B > 2C > Aerial D ender) does 2,159 and builds 20 heat.

would this work?

Wait how would this get the opponent in the air? [i'm still looking at the frame data to understand the letters and numbers so it doesn't make much since to me], can you please explain?

Wait how would this get the opponent in the air? [i'm still looking at the frame data to understand the letters and numbers so it doesn't make much since to me], can you please explain?

Check out this section. When someone rolls and you hit them, it knocks them into the air. This is the same as when someone is lying on the ground and refusing to tech and when you hit them, it will knock them into the air.

A frounded opponent getting hit by 2B will automatically send him in the air, thus allowing for 2C - air combo. Give it a try in training mode.

Edit: Ninja'd because I don't refresh mah pages after reading.

That doesn't work for a tech punish though.

Tech punish, yeah it wouldn't. I'm thinking 2B > 2C > 5C > 4B > 2DD > 214A, to corner carry.

I thought he was talking hit confirm lol.

Tech punish, yeah it wouldn't. I'm thinking 2B > 2C > 5C > 4B > 2DD > 214A, to corner carry.

Doesn't work. They're way too high in the air for 5C to connect.

Also, 2B > 2C > j.C > j.2C > 2DD > Aerial D is a much easier combo that does about the same damage and heat. 2578/32

Doesn't work. They're way too high in the air for 5C to connect.

Also, 2B > 2C > j.C > j.2C > 2DD > Aerial D is a much easier combo that does about the same damage and heat. 2578/32

2B tech punish seems to be something I've never done before. If someone does roll, it's usually into 214D. Ironic that I've never seen 2B used as a tech punish, or rather, I've never used it as one since people normally neutral tech against me lol.

Check out this section. When someone rolls and you hit them, it knocks them into the air. This is the same as when someone is lying on the ground and refusing to tech and when you hit them, it will knock them into the air.

Oooooh, I see now. :D

Actually I think I do that a lot without noticing lol

236236D can also punish roll-techs pretty well too if you time it right. Not very many people rolltech after a combo/knockdown but when they do I like to punish it fullscreen with 236236D :d

236236D can also punish roll-techs pretty well too if you time it right. Not very many people rolltech after a combo/knockdown but when they do I like to punish it fullscreen with 236236D :d

Overheat had a CV that had something similar to that. Where he used 236236D on a bad burst. Odd thing about using it with rolltechs is that blind spot. Could be interesting to see how well its used though.

@swd, yeah you can do 214A > 236C mid-screen if you time it right. It's rather difficult though. For instance 2B > 3C > 214A > 236C > 5C > stuff.

Using 236236D to punish bursts has been around for a while. It was stupidly easy to use with Nu. And that might be a good tip, along with the fact that 214D and 236D can also punish bursts (like around max 3C range and further away).

Not very many people rolltech after a combo/knockdown but when they do I like to punish it fullscreen with 236236D :d

mostinterestinglambdaintheworld.jpg

The crescent wheel actually punished my bursts a few times in the matches I played with Toan last night...

mostinterestinglambdaintheworld.jpg

The crescent wheel actually punished my bursts a few times in the matches I played with Toan last night...

The crescent wheel is gdlk for punishing bad bursts too. Like if they burst in the air off of a 6D/2D or something (Which is one of the worst places to burst) then she can punish with the wheel for free for ~3-4kish

Using 236236D to punish bursts has been around for a while. It was stupidly easy to use with Nu. And that might be a good tip, along with the fact that 214D and 236D can also punish bursts (like around max 3C range and further away).

Updated it. Though I may need to reorganize it somehow, I dunno.

The crescent wheel is gdlk for punishing bad bursts too. Like if they burst in the air off of a 6D/2D or something (Which is one of the worst places to burst) then she can punish with the wheel for free for ~3-4kish

Yeah, I've never done this on reaction, but 6DD > 236C could be used as well, but spacing is the problem. I can't tell you how much I love to hate 236C because it doesn't track like 236B does. But then again, if it did track, Lambda would be invulnerable during start up on up close opponents because the move takes 30F to actually happen and she simply wouldn't exist. Would be funny if that were true.