Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MacArthur Blunts

Slayer vs. Slayer

The mirror. We all know what SL is going to try to do. He's gonna BDC all your mixup. Not much you can do about it. I'mma do it like this... Move->move to beat it Mappa->2D/6P/2S/BBU (I use 2D for this because it feeds into 5K K mappa 5P) Dandy step->2D/6H (I use 2D for this because it feeds into 5K K mappa 5P) BBU->2K/2P/2D j.H->5P will clash/airthrow/j.K/j.P the startup 6K->5P That takes care of anything he wants to do to get inside. Learn to hit confirm 2P and 5K into knockdown as best you can. I completly avoid doing dandy and mappa in this matchup because they are easily counterhit into huge, non-prorated damage. I play this matchup with 2P, 5K, 2K, 2S and IAD back j.H. Doing this keeps you on the ground most of the time and forces the other SL to take risks to get inside. There is no need to take a risk in this matchup, you can BDC everything SL throws. You should know all of the tick throw setups and be BDCing to get away. This matchup will be won by the SL that can react to mappa and dandy step the best and if you're straight up not using those in nuetral situations, you should do fine. 5K delays are really good if he wants to throw something out while in 5K pressure. Hit comfirm that into 2K 2D at close range or mappa RC 5HS 2D. REALLY meaty 2S will discourage reversal BDC as most SL's cannot do it perfectly. 2K also has weird low invul. frames so you can use that in nuetral situations to deal with his 2K/2H/BBU/2D. j.K will beat out j.H but I avoid trying to do that so I can stay grounded. 2P is the god move in this matchup. It has a little less range than 5K and activates in 4F. 2P is what I base my offense on completly in this matchup. If SL is pressuring 6K outside of oki for the overhead, for the love of god 5P him out of it into aircombo. 5P CH leads into really high dmg tensionless combos.

AleXander likes to do 2D at the start of the round in the mirror match, and it seems to work pretty well since it seems to stuff/trade with a lot of Slayer's other offensive openings... it's also at really good spacing to combo off it on CH so that kinda sucks. IIRC K Dandy -> PB beats it pretty cleanly but maybe I'm wrong, haven't played the matchup in a bit.

6H used to be a good mid-range poke in this match, but maybe not anymore. It's a bit too slow now.

It can work okay. If you do it right it'll hit them before you are in range for 2h to hit you. I like to use it to start pressure games. I wish it still had the gatling off of 5k! or 5p that would be the sex. I actually played alot of Slayer V. Slayer this weekend. I think one thing of note is slayers dash is really good against slayer... haha. As is bdc mappa, and bdc bite can be effective. Bdc mappa is just the best poke at almost close range in this matchup, if you do it right you shouldn't have to worry about any 2hs at all. Smart 2d'ing is also very important.

I love 2D when I see them Mappa or dandy. It's like... "NO! MY HITBOX IS ACTIVE AND IN YOUR CH STATE!"

EDIT: To reiterate what I posted, here is a situation and a combo.

Slayer is full screen. Other slayer decides to throw mappa. You SEE the mappa, and do...

CH 2D->5HS->iad j.K-j.K->5H->sj.H->j.D->j.2K->j.K->5H->iad j.D

almost FULL screen away.