Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] Elizabeth Gameplay Discussion

That's actually her staple combo. Keep in mind that:

1. the combo will only work on an airborne target

2. the inputs should be put in exactly when the dmg of the last input is done. so for 5c when the second sword hits you should input 2c immediately, and when 2c hits you should input your bufu, and when the ice portion of bufu hits, you do you next bufu.

it took me a good hour to get it in the beginning, but once it clicks it's immediately much easier to get. Good luck!

I've been heading back to training mode and I'm getting it more consistently know. The main part for me was the jumping thing (derp moment for me). Thanks for the tips man.

I know Elizabeth has decent left-right mixups with j.B but I'm talking about her high low mixups. I've been playing with some friends and I find myself just keeping them in a block string until I build 100 meter and just start throwing out ex moves which don't always hit. So, I'm looking for stronger mixups. I'll still risk the 2B, jc., at., j.B. But since I do a lot of 2B, j.B, which does not hit high, I figured I'd catch them always blocking low and OMC the 2B into a j.A. It's an extremely fast overhead from the looks of it but it puts me just out of range for my 5AAA combos. Which is the cheapest way I know of to get fear and paralysis by only using 25 meter after the OMC.

lol youre playing really dangerously then.....you shouldnt be in their face at all if you dont plan to spend any meter you gain immediately.......and building 100 meter means nothing for elizabeth

you should be going for frame traps more anyways

youre going to have to get creative and find your own unique mixups. as it stands, elizabeth's pressure and mixup is weak. she strays away from the traditional high/low/left/right/throw mixup, and emphasises on fundamentals, particularly yomi. her best mixups right now would be 5d, frametraps, anti jumps, stuff like that. namely 5d. you really want the foe to fear (lol) her 5d so that they'll be more inclined to mash/jump/whatever at certain points in your pressure, and you can mercilessly tear into them if you didn't get hit.

Oh, by no means am I saying I want to replace Elizabeth mixups with Thanatos pressure. Ok, I end some combos in (D)Agi because I want my opponent to tech and stay locked down. I only do this if I didn't get Para in the combo. However, assuming they're moving toward me in the flames. I go for a jumping setup where I can do stuff like empty hop low, or AT., j.B, and a bunch of other stuff I'm sure everyone knows about. However, if they don't get hit right away I usually go into 2B, j.B reps and then try to get them into some Thanatos pressure. Since elizabeth's only jumping attack that hits high is j.A, which can't be done out of 2B. I OMC the 2B to get the quick j.5A and go into a combo. I'm just looking for options outside of Thanatos pressure but I am by no means trying to make her work without it. I have a fairly basic combo off it that does 3.2K with only 25 more meter and leads into a Agi setup.

I don't really use mixup with Elizabeth. I just use 5A(A) jump cancels into JB or use IAD air turn stuff into JB (which is not safe), and from there I go into lows or a throw. I jump a lot and I (air) backdash a lot too. I may mix in A/B.Zio from time to time when I'm jumping too.

If I use Maraagidyne, I tend to go into 2Ax3 to keep them blocking, and then when I notice that they start to become more honest I sometimes go into 5D.

2A > throw seems to be a good blockstring too. I only use 5C(2) > 2C against those who are not familiar with Thanatos, but as time grows on I barely use that blockstring. If you see them in the air remember you have a really good AA, 2B. The way I see it is that you're kinda waiting for your opponent to make mistakes. Also, if you take a look at the data thread, you can find tech traps and oki stuff in section 4 which I feel would be very helpful.

noooo kiba what happened to your manly bowser avi...!! D:

Y'know I actually got reaaaaaaaaly indecisive about what avatar I wanted lol. No one may have noticed this but I actually changed it like 6 times lol. Probably better for me to stick with this.

i gotta question in training whenever i use Mabufudyne with thanatos than use anything else it goes to techable is this because i don't have freeze recovery on?

It should be because of that, yeah. Anything that blue beats (er yellow beats) is something you want to avoid. Although in real matches people are loathe to waggle the stick. If you don't really mind pulling "cheap" tricks like that then I'd keep it in mind :]

if they dont want to break out of ice, save your meter, use d agi. it's massive frame advantage on block, at least +100.

@kiba, looks better :thumbu:

I've noticed a few things about Elizabeth that you guys have also mentioned:

- She lacks in mix up. Her best mixup is simply in her frame traps.

- Her pressure is pretty terrible: If the opponent watches carefully and is patient, she can only score damage by capitalizing on mistakes.

- Her zoning tools aren't something you can just throw out. They have long recovery times, so it's optimal to respond, rather than to guess.

- Hit confirming off her counterhits can be difficult sometimes: 5C ground counterhit midscreen from max distance is a good example of this.

- The character specific/distance specific/height specific nature of her Garu combos give her a HUGE learning curve compared to a lot of the cast.

Honestly, this character is really really hard to use. Probably one of the hardest characters I've ever played. And I used to main I-No.

^yup, that pretty much sums it up

and try to never whiff 5b cuz youre in counter hit state throughout like the entire move lol

ex garu>d garu combos works on everyone just fine but sweep air hit>d garu you need [9~2] on main char mitsuru aigis kuma kanji and yukiko

:eng101: I wonder; will Garudyne be what separates the men from the boys for this character? I'm wondering if it will be that integral to her gameplay later on down the line as well.

:eng101: I wonder; will Garudyne be what separates the men from the boys for this character? I'm wondering if it will be that integral to her gameplay later on down the line as well.

I think it will be those who stick with her after peopel start learning matchups and start getting destroyed due to her limited options.

She's a really fun and unique character though, I love it, although if an I-No main is saying she's hard... >.>

So, after playing 40 something matches today, I have to say that learning this character is a bit discouraging lol. I'm always getting beat when my opponents have such little health since they capitalize on my mistakes, and I'm usually dead before I awaken. Nevertheless, giving up isn't an option, no matter how many matches I lose in a row :vbang:.

its pretty retarded how auto combo mashers take off 1/3 my hp everytime they have 50 meter >_>

but ive gotten a hang of the game and rarely lose on netplay now lol went like 26-4 on day 1 then 18-2 yesterday :D

its pretty retarded how auto combo mashers take off 1/3 my hp everytime they have 50 meter >_>

but ive gotten a hang of the game and rarely lose on netplay now lol went like 26-4 on day 1 then 18-2 yesterday :D

Isn't having the lowest health in the game fun? I've only played 3 games on netplay so far. Played after the patch and it's almost playable online now. Gonna play with some people this weekend though so I'm excited. How's the turtling/runaway working out online?

She's mainly hard because she lacks options. Her options are to sit there and hope you get random hits in. She's easily countered by other zoning characters, her mixup is sub-par, her supers are bad (sorry) and she can't get out of pressure easily.

Best comparison: She's caster from Fate/Unlimited codes, minus mixup and pressure. Once she's hit you with a combo, she can keep you pinned down forever. Until she guesses wrong once.

My W/L% is 36 lol. Not sure if I'm pretty bad, or everyone else is good, or whatever the case is.

pretty ez, they love pressing buttons and i yomi lazor them when they try to approach with command dash lol

kids love mashing supers man.... ex agi blocked>2a>delayed 2a frame trap attempt = i eat 2k+ super >_>

but yeah....i had alot of rage leavers yesterday when i started killing them in 2 combos lol

had a really good start on netplay tho, lost 20 matches straight against a 790 psr jap elizabeth player but it helped me adjust to the game really fast

oh and i dunno if this is problem with my internet, but after like 15-20 matches against the same person who i had 3 delay against it started lagging pretty badly

Are you on 360 or PS3? The 360 got a patch, and it works fineish for me.

I started out alright as well, but I dunno, I just can't win anymore.

Oh god just now I got astral'd by Chie. I finished a combo and used SB maragidyne full screen and she just pulls out astral and then suddenly god hand out of nowhere :[

Same thing happened with yukiko. Ah well.

Elizabeth seems a lot similar to CT Hakumen (whom I played extensively). It's not about the mixups or rushdown, it's about hunkering down and then slapping your opponent silly for doing stupid shit. It's kind of a fun playstyle :D Sitting at 75% win rate, scared for it to go down though >_<

^lol yeah that happened to me once also

only char i asstrolled was naoto lol nigger's fault for mashing dat pistol

yukiko's a pretty dumb matchup tho, shes got a good keep away game and forces you to approach with her stupid heal

meh idc about win rate but i started off at like 11% after playing against the jap elizabeth and now im around 65? i think im respecting a mashers too much zzzzz.....

When statistics are thrown in front of me, I like mine to be high. I dunno, guess I'm competitive in that sense. I think I need to work on pressure though, I just use 5B, agi, and zio lol <_<.

lol i dont really care about winning as long as im actually learning and having fun, but thats if its netplay or casuals :P