Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] Elizabeth Gameplay Discussion

hmm....i think dont theres any situation where elizabeth has the advantage against mitsuru.....in the air j.a beats or trades with all our air moves, thanatos gets raped by her pokes....her dust jumps out of our gyakugire....so does her 4b and proly her 5b also.......i dont think 2b will beat her j.b either since her hitbox looks way too high up

I'm still sticking by my 2b, omc mix up. It's just an expensive version of lambda's 2147D-C mix up. Which is pretty good IMO

So, after playing 40 something matches today, I have to say that learning this character is a bit discouraging lol. I'm always getting beat when my opponents have such little health since they capitalize on my mistakes, and I'm usually dead before I awaken. Nevertheless, giving up isn't an option, no matter how many matches I lose in a row :vbang:.
well idk if this counts but i main tsubaki so when it comes to having difficult match ups and being negative on so much kinda get used to it but as time progresses well probably be able to do more with her just gonna take a little while is all also here is a pretty good match with her if you guys haven't seen it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlDeUP92LUE&feature=context-gfa pretty cool combo at 0:22-0:31

l just mash shuffle time all the time. 100% win rate

no kidding lol. It's so good :D

God forbid you have 150 sp when and they get confused. Free maragidyne hohoho

played alot tonight at a p4u session.......confusion didnt really catch many people off, at least after the first time

not sure completely but it doesnt seem like you can punish sanada's attempts to do air turn crossup with an air throw, his command backdash(?) leaves him in counter hit state for a really long time so you can ch 5b combo

kuma is probably one of worst matchup for elizabeth from what i can tell, his bat beats everything you do at start of match, foward jump j.b is too slow to punish it on whiff and i dont think j,c has enough reach either. once he turns into awakened state you pretty much cant use lazor or ex agi anymore, looks ike he has double super jump so he dodges pretty much everything you do and his kick spam in air can crossup pretty easily.....he pretty easily outzones elizabeth and alot of the times i got interrupted mid combo by some of his stupid traps and other shit

bad vid

more like vid of him getting stomped o_O

played alot tonight at a p4u session.......confusion didnt really catch many people off, at least after the first time

not sure completely but it doesnt seem like you can punish sanada's attempts to do air turn crossup with an air throw, his command backdash(?) leaves him in counter hit state for a really long time so you can ch 5b combo

kuma is probably one of worst matchup for elizabeth from what i can tell, his bat beats everything you do at start of match, foward jump j.b is too slow to punish it on whiff and i dont think j,c has enough reach either. once he turns into awakened state you pretty much cant use lazor or ex agi anymore, looks ike he has double super jump so he dodges pretty much everything you do and his kick spam in air can crossup pretty easily.....he pretty easily outzones elizabeth and alot of the times i got interrupted mid combo by some of his stupid traps and other shit

more like vid of him getting stomped o_O

Yeah, Teddie is a giant pain in the ass. My biggest issue is his SB.TV move. It hones on you so if you paralyze them full screen, you can't SB.Agi them back towards you: He'll get a SB.TV fatal counter and get a free combo from it.

Bat and his 2B are the worst normals I've come across in this game. They have so much space control.

Has anyone found any differences between the A and B versions of Mind Charge and Diaharan?

Youske BD completely shuts down all of Thanatos' mixup. Kind of lame. In other news apparently Youske's BD completely whiffs on Liz if you activate it with garu. He can sometimes punish you, sometimes it remains active and punishes him. Depends on the active frames you hit with.

Has anyone found any differences between the A and B versions of Mind Charge and Diaharan?

They've all felt the same to me. Both mind charges give the same amount of sp and both diarahans look like they heal the same amount of health. I don't think they would manipulate the risk via frame data without changing the reward as well.

That's what I was thinking too.

Regardless, thank you.

Youske BD completely shuts down all of Thanatos' mixup. Kind of lame. In other news apparently Youske's BD completely whiffs on Liz if you activate it with garu. He can sometimes punish you, sometimes it remains active and punishes him. Depends on the active frames you hit with.

His B+D seems really risky in that situation though. The knockdown and reversal of momentum you get off of it isn't worth taking 4k or more in damage when baited properly. It does beat all of our mix-up so we have to respect that Yosuke has it though.

And whaaaaaaaaat? I got to see Garu in action now vs. the B+D. :lol:

yeah when i was playing last night....i was like wtf how the hell do i punish this shit!?!? its active for like so fucking long lol, but it looked like it doesnt catch crossups though? if you hit with last few active frames of d garu then you usually cant combo off it without rcing, alot of this you gotta learn the timing on reaction

his kunai spin anti air is really fucking good too, oh and you can 2b crossup attempts with the backflip stuff on reaction

:eng101: So I guess Elizabeth also has moves that destroy projectiles?

Unfortunately I'm at work right now, but I wanted to pose this question for people who may have answers in the mean time.

Do people know which moves interact with and destroy projectiles? Furthermore, are all projectiles (barring supers) destroyed or just a particular subset? I've just realized that the projectile game is something that nobody (at least that I've seen) has really talked about yet, so I may do some research on this when I get the time.

lazor will destroys kuma's super rocket

garu destroys projectiles on the first half or so of its active frames

pretty sure l had 5b destroy a projectile or two but im not completely certain.

Maragidyne has some sort of higher level projectile as well, they go right through Chie meteors.