Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] Elizabeth Gameplay Discussion

You still helped though because I needed the damage value for the sweep and her AOA, so thank you.

I need to do some more experimenting with this, but in the corner going to C.Agi from 2c can be crazily effective. Instead of ending with second B.Bufu or B.Zio, just get that agi out and laugh at your +100 oki.

:eng101: Betty getting crushed at NCI today. D:

I need ArcSys to hit me up with some +80 defense DLC gems or something. Zero room for error with this character.

I need to do some more experimenting with this, but in the corner going to C.Agi from 2c can be crazily effective. Instead of ending with second B.Bufu or B.Zio, just get that agi out and laugh at your +100 oki.

its one of those situations where it's more than punishable if the foe is on point, but not enough if they realize about 3/4 into summoning the flame. its a great bluff since agi and bufu have the same animation, i'm not sure whether to call this a gimmick or a shenanigan.

speaking of, what do you guys think of an oki/resets/gimmicks thread?

its one of those situations where it's more than punishable if the foe is on point, but not enough if they realize about 3/4 into summoning the flame. its a great bluff since agi and bufu have the same animation, i'm not sure whether to call this a gimmick or a shenanigan.

speaking of, what do you guys think of an oki/resets/gimmicks thread?

I would love a thread of that nature. My setups/oki is so one dimensional, I can never play the same person more than like 2 matches.

I don't believe it's completely necessary since I already this stuff in the data thread.

The good thing about creating that thread is that it allows for discussion and stuff though, but it's nothing that cannot be discussed in the general thread as well. I'll see how it goes, but don't count on me.

I don't believe it's completely necessary since I already this stuff in the data thread.

The good thing about creating that thread is that it allows for discussion and stuff though, but it's nothing that cannot be discussed in the general thread as well. I'll see how it goes, but don't count on me.

The stuff in the data thread is more like frame traps and things that while do fall under the category of oki I don't think it'll really fall into the gimmick area. And then on top of that the general thread can be cluttered with more than just oki or gimmicks and might be hard to go through for someone who just wants raw data on what to really do without having to read about general elizabeth things.

I can see what you're saying though and lets just see if any discussion sparks from the thread at all. Since discussion is good for character development no matter what.

They're more like tech traps.

I love any contributions that you guys can find though. If you're gonna make it easier for people who want the raw gimmick data, you may want to make it a little easier to read. This is an example of what I mean.

After landing a knockdown far away, I like doing a SP Maragidyne to apply pressure. But I have no idea what to follow up after. I usually do a cross-up j.B, although it is predictable. What are the option after it?

high-low mixup is pretty good, between 2a/sweep and AOA. Keep in mind though that AOA can usually get r-actioned'd out. Also if you've conditioned them to expect the highlow mixup a 5d is usually free in a clutch moment, quite helpful.

Do you guys feel that Garu elevators are a staple for playing Liz? I'm finding them hard to do, but I can combos with a single Garu in them. It's so frustrating lol, I dunno if it's the fact that I'm not guiding the Garu properly, or what's the case.

elevator is pretty easy once you get used to it but doing it on netplay is a different story obviously, and ex agi oki shouldnt be used of anyone that knows how to ib lol

Well, for the most part, most of my matches have been online, but even in training mode, I can't really do it. Someone needs to make a tutorial video D: .

you probably should just practice and do it the way that youd feel most comfortable doing and just be able to do it off muscle memory......maybe ill make a vid but youll have to settle for phone quality :D

Well, for the most part, most of my matches have been online, but even in training mode, I can't really do it. Someone needs to make a tutorial video D: .

5B>Sweep>SB Garu>D Garu>2A>etc combo should be a great way to practice the garu loops since I found those to be loads easier than Sweep>D.Garu loops which are character and steer timing specific (as far as I've encountered.. someone correct me on this) It's really all about the height where you do the D. Garu after the SB one. If no one else'll make a vid tutorial, I'd be happy to make one sometime soon :D (Don't have recording equip at home :( )

thats not what hes talking about elevator is ex garu up>d garu down>stuff

http://youtu.be/ZBWTWORaXRg woops i forgot to turn off the flash

notice how i start moving downward at the end of ex garu then straight down with d garu, alot of the time youll actually have to delay 2a but that shouldnt be too hard

notice how i start moving downward at the end of ex garu then straight down with d garu, alot of the time youll actually have to delay 2a but that shouldnt be too hard

Cool and fast video upload! that should cover hardships with the combo, Pretty sure the combo I mentioned was on the same track. just forgot to mention SB.Garu goes Up and D.Garu goes down ^^;. but yeah, thanks for the quick up!

@Elochai - Garu combos really need that loving time in the lab to get it consistently and know the steer directions for each character weight type. but basically for SB garu just go high and near the end you should go down a bit. and just time the second garu relative to the opponents distance so that you make them "Launch" on the last hit. :D

They're more like tech traps.

I love any contributions that you guys can find though. If you're gonna make it easier for people who want the raw gimmick data, you may want to make it a little easier to read. This is an example of what I mean.

I'll fix up the thread into a much easier to read format once I get some sleep. Just got back from the levelup event down here in SoCal. Turnout wasn't bad, like 90 people. Though I placed badly since I haven't actually played more than 10 matches against real people that aren't CPU or training dummies. But yeah I'll fix it up tomorrow.

I'll fix up the thread into a much easier to read format once I get some sleep. Just got back from the levelup event down here in SoCal. Turnout wasn't bad, like 90 people.

What was turnout for SF4/Marvel, in comparison?

I'll fix up the thread into a much easier to read format once I get some sleep. Just got back from the levelup event down here in SoCal. Turnout wasn't bad, like 90 people. Though I placed badly since I haven't actually played more than 10 matches against real people that aren't CPU or training dummies. But yeah I'll fix it up tomorrow.

Yea, no rush.

The thread may have to be remade though because you're gonna need more than one post for all the hefty information that can go there.

What was turnout for SF4/Marvel, in comparison?

It was only a P4U tournament. It was sponsored by Atlas so there was some nice stuff there, though. It wasn't Wednesday Night Fights, it was just a P4U levelup tournament.

Yea, no rush.

The thread may have to be remade though because you're gonna need more than one post for all the hefty information that can go there.

Yeah I will get to work on putting it down so I can at least have a template to copy and paste if we remake the thread.

MANY thanks. I can actually do this after trying it a few times. Seeing it is way different than just reading what inputs to hold. Again, thanks.

i guess i can make a few more quick vids later for the other routes combo routes/char specific stuff when i get home