Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] Elizabeth Gameplay Discussion

i guess i can make a few more quick vids later for the other routes combo routes/char specific stuff when i get home

I actually have a capture card so I can post up my method as well, seeing as how I'm not going to be doing much without xbox live gold besides sitting in the lab. But tomorrow, because turns out I have things to do today. I also need to reformat the thread about gimmicks and resets and such.

Ryo if you need any help with the thread I can take care of it for ya if you want.

It was TD and your idea though so it's your call.

Ryo if you need any help with the thread I can take care of it for ya if you want.

It was TD and your idea though so it's your call.

I don't really mind if you want to take control of the thread. Since you made all the other important threads in this forum if you remade it into something much more streamlined for this forum it would make more sense than me putting together whatever I think would be good.

I just wanted that kind of thread around so that people could discuss those kinds of things about Elizabeth because I feel like with such a momentum heavy character setups, gimmicks, resets, and such things are essential to good play.

When I was playing Arakune back in BB I could look at the forums and see all the combos no problem, but when it came down to reseting and gimmicking people I had to sift through a lot of data in order to figure out what to do. Things from videos and so forth, and it made my learning experience progress much slower. I feel Elizabeth is the same way, so it is really important to have that information accessable.

If you remade the thread it would most definitely be much better than what I could put together.

Sorry to hear that. That is particularly what I wanted to avoid in my respective forums, and I just wanna be able to do everything I can to help you guys.

In that case, I can work on this now. I only didn't think a whole thread for it was necessary because I had that stuff in the data thread but considering how big the list can get it would be much more appropriate to have a dedicated thread for it. I'll cut it out of the data thread too.

chie: http://youtu.be/iELAf9RifU4

2 paths for everyone but chie: http://youtu.be/3nSg75dYhVs first one is normal path i use then second one is 3 instead of 2

elevator>sweep>d garu: http://youtu.be/FZyGtQts_gg this one kinda feels a little char specific also cuz i usually have to slightly adjust elevator for different chars for sweep to connect

So after some serious time in the lab today, I was able to do pretty well. I was even beating people I couldn't beat before :yaaay:. I'm finally confident in my ability to play this game lol.

So after some serious time in the lab today, I was able to do pretty well. I was even beating people I couldn't beat before :yaaay:. I'm finally confident in my ability to play this game lol.

NOW PLAY ME. EAST COAST VS WEST COAST GO. JK I don't have xbox live gold. But congrats! :D

NOW PLAY ME. EAST COAST VS WEST COAST GO. JK I don't have xbox live gold. But congrats! :D

Thanks. I couldn't have done it without DL honestly.

Good to hear Elochai. Glad you feel that way.

Thanks for those vids xlol. I'll get them down in the combo thread.

:eng101: Good stuff on the Garudyne paths so far.

Am I once again behind the pack when I ask if this move, the more I experiment with it, seems more about moving the opponent around on top to a sweet spot than it is about the actual pathing? We all know to get the last hit of the move for the increased hitstun, but it seems like there may actually be a sweetspot for the move just up and barely to the side of Liz's face.

Forgive me if this sounds like gibberish, but this is just what it's seeming like the more I play around with the move and noticing when followups connect and when they don't.

You will always struggle because you must make the least mistakes in an even match. It's very sad. High risk high reward characters are always so much... "fun" :D

I want to learn Elizabeth as a submain. Is she hard to use?

well combo wise she's not to difficult just practice but match up wise she's pretty hard to compensate with just comes down to being patient and knowing the right attack the player will fall for right now I'm not sure how to stop yosuke lol

chie: http://youtu.be/iELAf9RifU4

2 paths for everyone but chie: http://youtu.be/3nSg75dYhVs first one is normal path i use then second one is 3 instead of 2

elevator>sweep>d garu: http://youtu.be/FZyGtQts_gg this one kinda feels a little char specific also cuz i usually have to slightly adjust elevator for different chars for sweep to connect

now i got a question does it need to start off with a counter hit to do this?

now i got a question does it need to start off with a counter hit to do this?

It pretty much depends on what you do before the whole combo and how you decide to finish. Like stated above, just go into training mode and practice with CH and non-CH and see what connects. Use every possible combo and setup you think you'll use and figure out the extend of the combo you can do.

Usually if you're unsure you can almost always do at least 1 D.Garu on normal thanatos grab and an opponent hit in the air with 5B. SB.Garu > D.Garu will land on normal hit as long as you don't do something like 2A > 5AA > 5B > Sweep. The 2A > 5B catch at the end of the D.Garu might be harder to connect so a 5A > 5C would be safer on normal hit.

anything>sweep>stuff does not require ch this is core basic combo route

ch anything>d garu requires ch hitconfirm in order to combo, this route is maximum dmg for w/e starter you use for no meter

a basic rule everyone should know is that fc starter = add 1 more loop <- proly :V i shud test it more later

its super hard to hitconfirm with her... at least for me it is. l cant seem to get a combo off most random hits. l just learned low j.b land 5a j.a j.b dj.a j.bc on airborne foes, other than that l drop alot of confirms especially anything involving thantanos as a starter. its making me sad because l know her combos and cant do them mid match.

j.b is very hard to hitconfirm off of.....mainly because its so fucking hard to tell which part of j.b will hit......i try to hitconfirm all my falling j.bs into 5a>5c>stuff

yea it is, sometimes using sb garu after it still ends the combo or whiffs, zio's dont work and jc also just ends the combo.

5c is also a bitch to confirm, standing, crouching... jumping is really easy but sometimes 2c whiffs, at the worst times too.

what do you guys do fullscreen generally? zio is shitty, the reward is definitely not worth using it, l mean, its great to punish things but we get a whopping 1k for said punish. agi's are hella punishable, ex agi is free meter w/barely any advantage. l dunno whether spamming 5c/2c/5d/j.5d is legit but its definitely not working for me. l thought what l was doing was right, but seeing the miniscule reward in return is making me rething my strategy...

it really depends on the matchup, against zoners i like to d garu[3] in air this is really good against naoto if shes trying to anti air you with bullets, against non-mitsuru poke chars 5c at close range is really good cuz it means free 5b ch if they break thanatos, ive been throwing out b lazor alot more since ppl get thrown off by the delay but yeah....my typical gameplan involves alot of jump forward air dash back j.b lol, its definitely not good to spam 5c/2c but sometimes you really need to do it cuz we dont have many options when it comes to pressure that and to fuck those a mashers that eat 1/3 our hp for doing nothing

I found some weird but note worthy things about some of Liz's moves recently

5C cannot be OMCed on block normally, but if you input a down direction as the second sword swing is about to hit or afterward, the game will then let you OMC the move. This is probably because the game thinks that you're doing 2C after you input 2ABC, which is a move that can be OMCed on block. Keep this in mind if the regular 2C/5D mix up isn't working against a tougher opponent (I.E. they are Instant Blocking the slashes to air guard the shout, or they have a guard point they can cancel into from 5A/2A to option select the shout's armor whilst stuffing the grab)

j.D's range is normally pretty pitiful. However since Thanatos' summon position is behind Liz you can air turn so that your back is facing the opponent, and I shit you not, this will DOUBLE the grab's range. Not only that, but it can also be considered faster since Thanatos' position starts closer to the opponent instead of having to go past Liz. It's pretty stupid how much this improves the move.

You can use j.C to position Thanatos above Liz, though this seems to only have any meaningful effect with Zio.

If you do 2B > j.B as a hit or block string, you recover fast enough to air dash before touching the ground. This might be useful for baiting the opponent in some way.

that's all for now, i need to get some sleep.

So I was dicking around in training mode, and I was thinking about ending some midscreen combos in B.Bufu > Sb.Agi > Dia. Is it even worth it to stuck dia at the end of combos? From what I could tell, you gain so little health back, in addition to having to give up health to special cancel agi into dia. Dia kinda seems sucky in that regard.