Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] Elizabeth Gameplay Discussion

from fullscreen you can still do 5b sweep. if the foe doesn't end up flying over your head (you're truly hugging the wall/very close to it), you can do 5d late 5b (wait until they're just about liz's torso area) sweep... the rest. despite looking difficult and unorthodox, it's just a visual effect, l think. this is probably the easiest way to combo from 5d imo, barely any timing needed.

instead of 5b you can use 5a. 2a 5b also works, and 2b d.garu should as well. there's quite a few combo routes from fullscreen 5d.

So I did a grinding session today in preparation for TSB tomorrow, and I FINALLY got the 5C (2) > j.D tech trap to work. My God is it so beautiful to hit people with it. Ironically, I was able to use it on the same people more than like, twice.

So until recently I had issues with doing AOA OMC Ghastly Wail combos, but I found something fun about buffering with this command interpreter:

As long as the input has been put in within X amount of time, it will still read it. For instance, her SB.Agi > Diarahan combos I've been doing 214C+D 214214A but you can do 214C+D 214A and it'll go off fine. So what I'm doing for those AOA OMC Ghastly Wail combos is 214B AOA 214OMC 214C to make the motion more fluid.

So until recently I had issues with doing AOA OMC Ghastly Wail combos, but I found something fun about buffering with this command interpreter:

As long as the input has been put in within X amount of time, it will still read it. For instance, her SB.Agi > Diarahan combos I've been doing 214C+D 214214A but you can do 214C+D 214A and it'll go off fine. So what I'm doing for those AOA OMC Ghastly Wail combos is 214B AOA 214OMC 214C to make the motion more fluid.

Wow, its like Dante's bold cancel buffers. That made it soooo much more consistent to hit, awesome find!

...or maybe all the JP players are already using it, as I was wondering how Liz players were confident enough to hit the combo to Concentrate all their health away, lol

What do you guys think of using 2C for a meaty oki? I got it to work on some people last night, the basic idea is that if you think they're gonna mash buttons, the super armor will absorb the hit, and you'll CH them for a juicy corner combo.

So I was playing a casual session yesterday and I had a couple people try to roll out of the corner and get hit by a 2C. I was having problems confirming combos when the 2C caught rolls bc the timing is different since the 2C hits so late. I missed out on a ton of damage yesterday because of this and it was very frustrating.

I went in the lab today to find a way around this and I came up with a bit of an option select (you can't just keep inputing 236B because you will Mind Charge). Right after you do 2C do 214B then 236B. If they get hit by the raw shout they will get B.Bufu'd if they roll they will get B.Zio'd both of which lead to 5k+ damage and are super easy to confirm if they hit from there. You can do 236B first also if you want.

I thought it might be a useful find for others if they were having a similar problem.

What do you guys think of using 2C for a meaty oki? I got it to work on some people last night, the basic idea is that if you think they're gonna mash buttons, the super armor will absorb the hit, and you'll CH them for a juicy corner combo.

Whenever I end a combo with j.C I do this along with D or 5C pressure. It seems pretty solid and catches people who roll, mash and hold up I think so it's pretty solid. Once they respect it command grabs are a beautiful thing. Still having trouble comboing off a full screen command grab, they seem to fly over my head even from full screen so I do the jump back j.a 5a 5C combo since I don't know how else to get good damage off of it.

My only problem with 2C as a wakeup meaty is that it sometimes sends the opponent flying across the screen to the other side, which can be a problem if you're close to them. Otherwise you could probably followup with something. I think this happens when they roll, I'd have to test it.

Is 5B a bad poke? Because I frequently start the match with it to tag anyone who mindlessly dashes foward as soon as the match starts, and it seems to work pretty well.

you know what would it be cool? if we are gonna get another version of P4A, they should give liz a super that puts the opp in rage. Fear + Rage in the corner: ggs

So I literally just played a match, and when I wanted to end the match with AOA > Momento Mori, but when I did the AOA, my opponent flew like twenty thousand feet in the air. Has this happened to anyone else? Why does this happen, is a better question. I can upload the replay, if anything.

So I literally just played a match, and when I wanted to end the match with AOA > Momento Mori, but when I did the AOA, my opponent flew like twenty thousand feet in the air. Has this happened to anyone else? Why does this happen, is a better question. I can upload the replay, if anything.

You probably mistimed the AoA and hit them in the air. When you get an air hit of any AoA they go flying up and fall back (the can't tech until they touch the ground iirc)

You probably mistimed the AoA and hit them in the air. When you get an air hit of any AoA they go flying up and fall back (the can't tech until they touch the ground iirc)

Ah, that makes sense. I never knew the AoA had timing and I just assumed you were to do it as fast as possible.

yea simply delay the aoa and you'll be fine. funny because the same thing happened to me, l dropped a game winning combo because of it and lost.

:vbang: This was the first time this happened, and I've thrown people into the coffin like 20 times before.

So, I found out something super interesting: j.D resets don't work against back techs midscreen unless you jump backwards while doing them, move the wall of the screen closer to Liz so that the enemy can't tech nearly as far. With this same reset, you can roll forward to still cause a wall bounce, moving the wall near Elizabeth closer towards the opponent.

Liz has to manipulate the actual field to do combos and resets. >.> Bitch is hard.

I can't get the timing to work on this. Any pointers?