Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] Elizabeth Gameplay Discussion

I can't get the timing to work on this. Any pointers?

To be quite honest, you can AOA, and input 214214ABCC. That works for me, at least.

I think people have figured out all of the Liz tricks, honestly. They don't work on my friends anymore (I play them a lot, so it's understandable), and some people I've run into don't tech after 5C (2) in the corner, or after Agi midscreen. Infinite sadness.

I can't get the timing to work on this. Any pointers?

input 214ABC, 214C like you were doing a cancel. The timing is very easy

and some people I've run into don't tech after 5C (2) in the corner, or after Agi midscreen. Infinite sadness.

Then why not go for the 5C(2) > 2C > C.Agi trick?

input 214ABC, 214C like you were doing a cancel. The timing is very easy

I can cancel into Diarahn from SB Maragidyne, I just can't get the timing to work for 214C+D 214A Diarahn.

I can cancel into Diarahn from SB Maragidyne, I just can't get the timing to work for 214C+D 214A Diarahn.

Well if you can do it without the shortcut then just do it that way...

l got to sj super late yesterday (5 hours after registration to be exact), looking derpy with the 'is it too late to sign up???' face. shit was priceless. besides that, no liz footage from yours truly, but there was a very good liz there who was on stream. l saw him do a 5d combo that went something like:

5d j.b j.a j.c land 2a 5b 5c 2c b.bufu

lm not sure what he did after 5c but 2c should work. do j.b after thanatos throws the foe, and j.a links after j.b. this might be the new go to combo rather than delay j.a 5a as an emergency confirm, it looks really easy and might do more damage.

l got to sj super late yesterday (5 hours after registration to be exact), looking derpy with the 'is it too late to sign up???' face. shit was priceless. besides that, no liz footage from yours truly, but there was a very good liz there who was on stream. l saw him do a 5d combo that went something like:

5d j.b j.a j.c land 2a 5b 5c 2c b.bufu

lm not sure what he did after 5c but 2c should work. do j.b after thanatos throws the foe, and j.a links after j.b. this might be the new go to combo rather than delay j.a 5a as an emergency confirm, it looks really easy and might do more damage.

Do you mean that keyboard player? He looked really impressive, despite using a very odd control scheme (I'm clueless as to how that even works). I watched the stream, and it's too bad he got eliminated, but he got pretty far nonetheless. Did you play any casuals at SJ, btw?

yea but very few for p4. in fact l only got to play a kanji like twice at the venue and that's it. l played a few at the hotel but it was really just casuals. l was really playing bb all day lol.

I need a whole lot of new tricks. People are hardly falling for the 5D/j.D resets and the gimmicky pressure lol. Ah, man, did I loathe this.

I need a whole lot of new tricks. People are hardly falling for the 5D/j.D resets and the gimmicky pressure lol. Ah, man, did I loathe this.

Have you tried A Bufu when they try to jump?

Nah, I haven't sounds pretty good though. My usually game involves 5D or j.D tech traps, and throwing out 5D in random places. This blockstring is kinda crappy, but I sometimes get people with stuff like 2B > j.B > land 5D. More often than not, people read my 5Ds now. I still catch people with 2C oki in the corner though. I'm like "Yeah, mash them buttons on wakeup, bro :lol:."

If you don't mind sacrificing Thanatos like I do, you can 2C them while they're in the corner when they're blocking, make them attack, and 5B them for a free counter. Just a suggestion.

Really, I pity the fool who's in the corner against Elizabeth.

Yeah, I've done that. I don't know how to followup though, I haven't really tried it in the lab. I usually go for 5B > 5C(2) > j.C then IAD 5B or IAD 2A to reset pressure.

If you catch someone bursting in the corner and they only hit your persona and you can catch them with a 5b as they're falling what are some ideal combos?

I've just been winging it and doing 5b 5c 2c into b bufu then whatever I have meter for. I'm curious if there's some really good damage I could be getting off these situations because they're pretty common.

If anyone knows of a meterless, 25 meter, 50 meter, etc versions of what to do in this situation I'd really appreciate it.

I just make them too scared to attack Thanatos. Especially in the corner. I lose a primer, they lose a chunk of health.

If you don't mind sacrificing Thanatos like I do, you can 2C them while they're in the corner when they're blocking, make them attack, and 5B them for a free counter. Just a suggestion.

Really, I pity the fool who's in the corner against Elizabeth.

Yuu can 2a to take the car, then special cancel into thundercar to low profile under 5b, as a note.

5b in the corner on an air foe l usually do

5b 5c 2c b bufu 2c 5c 2c sb zio 5c jc oki

or

5b 5c 2c b zio sweep d garu 2a 5b 5c 2c (concentrate 2c) b bufu delay aoa omc super

Played 25 matches today (and won 23), and I realized how good Mind Charge is it. That one second to input a move or something to react to your opponent is godlike. Saving my ass against Mitsuru.

So. I cant megidolaon against akihito's maziodyne. I'm fairly annoyed right now.

IIRC, the invulnerability he gets during it prevents Megidolaon from activating.

Yuu can 2a to take the car, then special cancel into thundercar to low profile under 5b, as a note.

Yeah, Narukami is one of those characters who has it easy against Elizabeth's corner pressure.

If they start doing that, just bait the slide.