Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] Elizabeth Gameplay Discussion

it happens. it hurts your brain so its better than DROPPING the combo. that shit hurts your heart.

Fuck Yosuke. I hate that character. I only burst bait with AOA when it's the final round, and they're going to die from the combo.

it happens. it hurts your brain so its better than DROPPING the combo. that shit hurts your heart.

Don't worry, did that the other day and lost like 10 games in a row because of it. That shit doesn't just hurt your heart, it makes you doubt your combos and completely fucks with the way you play.

Fuck Yosuke. I hate that character. I only burst bait with AOA when it's the final round, and they're going to die from the combo.

Yeah, that was the exact situation I was in. 4th game, Second Round with me on game point. Looking back, I watched the saved replay and could've probably gone for something burst safe, but that's about it.

Also, in terms of characters I hate, Mitsuru and Yosuke are definitely the top 2. Hopefully though, since I saved all the replays I can find a way to record these matches and get them up so people can see how awesome I am laugh at how free I am.

I only hate Naoto now. After grinding with Ciddypoo and SkyKing, I'm straight on the Yukiko m/u now.

Mitsuru is straight forward. Not saying it isn't a hard m/u because its a bitch, it's just that she won't surprise you with anything, if that makes any sense.

When I lose to good Mitsuru, I feel it's because of a mental mistake on my part that put me in a situation I shouldn't have been in, which happens a lot and very easily in that m/u.

Good Naotos make me sad, as well. She's more tolerable then Mitsuru/Aigis/Yosuke though. I'd say Naoto v. Liz is a very fair and turtely match-up.

I only hate Naoto now. After grinding with Ciddypoo and SkyKing, I'm straight on the Yukiko m/u now.

Mitsuru is straight forward. Not saying it isn't a hard m/u because its a bitch, it's just that she won't surprise you with anything, if that makes any sense.

When I lose to good Mitsuru, I feel it's because of a mental mistake on my part that put me in a situation I shouldn't have been in, which happens a lot and very easily in that m/u.

Meh--if the Mitsusu knows how to fuck with you, I wouldn't blame it so much on a mental mistake as I would her being the transcendent demi-god of P4a. (Or of the universe?)

Especially against poor Liz.

I think I found a safe jump setup with liz. End a combo with a sweep juggle that lets them emergency tech (I did 5D > jB > jA > jC > 2A > 5B [ONE HIT] > sweep to test). Air dash forward on the earliest frame possible and do jA. Tested on Mitsuru & Akihiko using DP on what I hope is the earliest possible frame, I landed and blocked it every time.

I'll get this down. Thanks!

Good Naotos make me sad, as well. She's more tolerable then Mitsuru/Aigis/Yosuke though. I'd say Naoto v. Liz is a very fair and turtely match-up.

See, I don't like playing against characters who can out-poke/out-zone the characters I tend to play. Thus why I struggled w/ Yukiko at the beginning and I still struggling w/ Naoto. It's mental on me lol.

Meh--if the Mitsusu knows how to fuck with you, I wouldn't blame it so much on a mental mistake as I would her being the transcendent demi-god of P4a. (Or of the universe?)

Especially against poor Liz.

You still can limit the mistake you make and force them to play wreck-lace if you focus more on your defense when playing them.

l only hate yu and chie. and aigis's megido (but not her). mitsuru is fine too l just dont really like her as a character

I'm glad you hate Chie, too. Sometimes I like to press buttons. Chie doesn't let me, and there's not much Liz can do either.

Y'all know about this, right? makes chie a lot easier

If Chie knocks Elizabeth down midscreen with sweep and attempts to go for her normal persona oki, Elizabeth can backdash out of it with 100% accuracy. I shit you not.

So, this is Liz General, so I can get away with speculative questions, right?

Liz players, I'm seeing a lot of complaints about how bad she is, getting worse over time, low-tier, etc. So I pose to you a question, maybe the answers will help me to see where all the negativity is coming from.

If Elizabeth were to recieve one, and only one, change in an update, patch, etc, what do you think would be the best competitive tweak they could give her?

It can be anything, within reason, as long as it makes her more viable but not overkill. A buff on the properties of one of her normals, a change to her health, meter gain, reworking her Guard Cancel, or a totally new tool are all examples. Would you say she needs an additional option for her mixup, like an overhead for Thanatos? An actual move on defense besides hail-mary Shuffle Time? Or maybe a new move that gives her a better fighting chance against Mitsuru's Droit?

I'm curious to see the responses.

So, this is Liz General, so I can get away with speculative questions, right?

Liz players, I'm seeing a lot of complaints about how bad she is, getting worse over time, low-tier, etc. So I pose to you a question, maybe the answers will help me to see where all the negativity is coming from.

If Elizabeth were to recieve one, and only one, change in an update, patch, etc, what do you think would be the best competitive tweak they could give her?

It can be anything, within reason, as long as it makes her more viable but not overkill. A buff on the properties of one of her normals, a change to her health, meter gain, reworking her Guard Cancel, or a totally new tool are all examples. Would you say she needs an additional option for her mixup, like an overhead for Thanatos? An actual move on defense besides hail-mary Shuffle Time? Or maybe a new move that gives her a better fighting chance against Mitsuru's Droit?

I'm curious to see the responses.

As a character, her design is so intrinsically flawed that just one change wouldn't be enough. She'd need a fairly thorough rework to get her to a point where she's not on the nasty OP side or the sadly UP side.

Just my thoughts, though.

Either decrease the recovery of her 5B or give her at least 300 more points of health.

300 points wouldn't make that much of a difference. 7500 to 7800 still has at the lowest in game and still paper in defense.

300 points wouldn't make that much of a difference. 7500 to 7800 still has at the lowest in game and still paper in defense.

Your right she should at least have 8k lol. On second thought more health wouldn't really cover up any of her flaws. I think the main problem with Liz is that she's made up almost entirely of gimmicks. She's not really solid defensively or offensively. Sure she has a big damage output, but so does almost half the cast.

Y'all should visit the Tager forums and see if they have any tips for you on how to deal with your crippling, low-tier depression. :kitty:

An actual working Guard Cancel would be lovely.

This, or a decent pressure/mixup game that wasn't based on 95% gimmicks.