Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] Elizabeth Gameplay Discussion

Nah I meant Bang. Like Bang on something, smack on something, right on something, stuck on something, y'know.

Uh, I guess that was some English slang I used? Sorry. It's funny how you guys come to the Elizabeth forums for this!

So it's confirmed that P4A will not be hitting EU in 2012.

So by the time I'd like to challenge you guys, you'd probably be bang on CP.

Didn't you play P4A before? Hmph, I guess this is because Atlus is only based in JP/US, but then again, I do recall some other SMT games coming out in Europe.

Anyhow, playing Liz makes me wanna drop Ragna and learn Rachel in CP. We'll see though.

Lol, so far, both offline and online, you're the only Liz I've fought that entertained me and didn't annoy me because I hate that mirror. The matches I've seen you play have been very fun to watch. As for overall, I don't really watch American Liz's (no offense to anyone here) play or focus on it. I've watched tournaments on stream but didn't focus on one thing. Just watched to be entertained lol. So I can't really make a list lol.

I could say the same for you. 90% of the other Lizs I fight just derp around throwing Maziodynes and Maragidynes and mashing 5C. You're good, there's no doubt about it.

Didn't you play P4A before?

Yeah I did at a few events, but I haven't had the opportunity to practice anything or go online which is probably what I'd like to do the most.

Didn't you play P4A before? Hmph, I guess this is because Atlus is only based in JP/US, but then again, I do recall some other SMT games coming out in Europe.

Anyhow, playing Liz makes me wanna drop Ragna and learn Rachel in CP. We'll see though.

I could say the same for you. 90% of the other Lizs I fight just derp around throwing Maziodynes and Maragidynes and mashing 5C. You're good, there's no doubt about it.

Thank you.

So it's confirmed that P4A will not be hitting EU in 2012. So by the time I'd like to challenge you guys, you'd probably be bang on CP.
...yep pretty much. it sucks that you cant play anyone from the US or anywhere and that youre unable to practice.

That's a really comical phenomenon. Whenever (Almost everytime) I come across another Liz online, they spam maziodyne like it's their job---and I punish the daylights out of them for it.

What is the appeal with spamming that attack? It's quick and crosses the field but...at what cost? AT WHAT COST WATSON? It leaves you so wide open if you miss and they're close (or have quick ranged attacks) that, well, you mind as well grab some lube cause' they're going in.

I guess it's free damage on the other end's part.

Too bad the only full screen punish for Zio is a return Zio (unless I'm wrong).

Nah, it's Zio, but you can B.Zio instead of A.Zio fullscreen which is safe enough it can't be punished. Same with SB.Zio. You can bait an A.Zio punish attempt from less-than-amazing Liz players by doing B or SB.Zio once or twice, have them A.Zio, Block it and punish with your own A.Zio.

Or if it's the last round and you have 125 meter you can SB.Zio, buffer in 222 while Zio is going off, watch for A.Zio punish attempt and just tap C+D in reaction to the animation and get a free win.

Beat so many Liz players with this damn Mortal Blow, I hate this matchup.

Nah I meant Bang. Like Bang on something, smack on something, right on something, stuck on something, y'know.

Uh, I guess that was some English slang I used? Sorry. It's funny how you guys come to the Elizabeth forums for this!

I have never heard this slang in my entire life, haha

I have never heard this slang in my entire life, haha

I totally have, but it'd be more in the context of

"I gotta bang out some homework real quick before we can play" kinda stuff.

So it's confirmed that P4A will not be hitting EU in 2012.

So by the time I'd like to challenge you guys, you'd probably be bang on CP.

Don't worry, I'll still be grinding P4U by then. I'll play BB but not a big fan unless CP makes major changes. Or if UNIB is out then.

Too bad the only full screen punish for Zio is a return Zio (unless I'm wrong).

Nope that's pretty much it, and it's great too

Although I can't help but shutter the few times I've done a maziodyne and a Yu has Lightning-Cycled his way up to me and severely punished me

Anyways, the foolish who mazio (accidentely or purposely) close range, all of Liz's pity

Nah, it's Zio, but you can B.Zio instead of A.Zio fullscreen which is safe enough it can't be punished. Same with SB.Zio. You can bait an A.Zio punish attempt from less-than-amazing Liz players by doing B or SB.Zio once or twice, have them A.Zio, Block it and punish with your own A.Zio.

Or if it's the last round and you have 125 meter you can SB.Zio, buffer in 222 while Zio is going off, watch for A.Zio punish attempt and just tap C+D in reaction to the animation and get a free win.

Beat so many Liz players with this damn Mortal Blow, I hate this matchup.

Same, you need only be on the opposite side and bait them with a polite walk forward and they ALWAYS do it--and get punished in return

#Slowpoke on the changes things but if I had to...

- a real guard cancel, preferably with an animation of Liz smacking with her book.

- a super that gives you back 2 persona cards (seems reasonable)

- 2B > j.B as a semi-tight blockstring

- j.C overhead? is not like she gets much off that except on CH

- faster Sb.agi (and fix it so that they can't IB and back dash on block)

- less recovery on landing for j.Garu

and now for the lulz:

-being able to inflict rage and silence somehow (actually, Silence is quite a good idea)

- new thanatos specials

- Faster 5C and with an increased hitbox on the first strike, so that it can hit opps that are right above you.

- a new 2D...please. and a 6D, 4D etc, we want more Thanatos godlikeness!!!

I still kinda like the game, it's just that I don't like playing against 90% of the cast. I was just salty at losing to a 2B that extends into the heavens.

The only char. I personally don't mind fighting is Aigis--for obvious reasons.

The rest, well, yeah--bloody nightmare. Especially other Liz players--GBS is right, dat mirror is a living hell.

Aigis is horrible lol. I don't see the "obvious reasons" at play here. All she needs to do is hit you with orgia j.B twice, and it's game over.

Aigis is horrible lol. I don't see the "obvious reasons" at play here. All she needs to do is hit you with orgia j.B twice, and it's game over.

True, but I've only ever fought fairly bad ones--it's kind of an odd coincidence I guess. It's pretty much, "Hey look at my range stuff!" and then I reply with, "I have better range stuff." Bad Aigis' seem to all follow that same pattern.

Don't misunderstand, the few decent to good aigis' I have run into have slaughtered me no contest. I've seen the terror of the j.B orgia, believe me.

Also, I love her, Aigis, Akihiko, and Liz, are my personal faves from P3 so, there's some more personal stuff there lol

I actually don't mind playing against Aki; that's until he's able to press buttons and RTSD. Then, I just wanna up-back or mash 2B or something to get away. Never played any other Persona game, so meh. Now if this was a fighter with other SMT characters in it, that'd be a different story.

I only dislike playing Yosuke. I like playing against everyone else even if the match-up sucks. But Yosuke is a fucking stupid character, I wish the whole Taokaka design stayed in blazblue forever.

id rather give chase with a possibility of winning than playing get-knocked-down-once-into-possibly-gg yu and chie. those characters can just... slip on their way to school or something more sinister

I don't mind blocking and guessing games. Part of it is because I got good by playing against Ivysaur for years and had to learn to block Carl's ridiculous pressure/mix-up. What I hate is those characters that give a sense of, there's no neutral position that you can feel comfortable in because my character is a pixie bitch that dictates the entire pace of the match. I have a lot of trouble understanding how to play it.

l always thought the idea was to turtle hard(er) against them. l can attest that this method certainly works vs taokaka (at least as rachel).