Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] Elizabeth Gameplay Discussion

Has anyone found a use for Mamudoon? It's been 4 months, and I still don't know how to use this POS super :psyduck:.

LOL

I wish. God knows the moment I think I'm good enough to be able to try one of those guys I get hit by some stupid error--me being the patron saint of dropping combos and slipping my defense up.

Mahamon is actually somewhat useful. Mamudoon takes years to start up (WAY longer than Mahamon), I don't see why anyone would use it. Someone needs to find out how to use it lol.

Mahamon is actually somewhat useful. Mamudoon takes years to start up (WAY longer than Mahamon), I don't see why anyone would use it. Someone needs to find out how to use it lol.

The thing is, mamudoon has a longer start up time but shorter activation time. I noticed this when i was messing about in the lab and noticed it when i was practicing some tech traps. However, you'd be better off doing maragidyne -> mahama. Well I suppose you could use the invincibility on mamudoon to avoid things like teddie's unblockable super or something.

I think mahama has ~10 seconds to activate, mudo has about 8 maybe? never counted

Lost by timeout for the first time ever. Who's been leaking tech about how to get out of every single gimmick/setup known to Liz kind?

Sounds like someone has been doing intensive research on the gimmick compilation thread lol.

Lost by timeout for the first time ever. Who's been leaking tech about how to get out of every single gimmick/setup known to Liz kind?

You mean where you just downback everything but 5D? :>

And about the 4v4, my new manager hasn't been approved by the system yet, so my schedule for next week is gonna come out wayyyyy late (like tuesday) so I won't know if I work Friday until then, i'll let you guys know asap though.

Oh snap, there is another Liz player in this state? Apparently I should go up there sometime.

I've played MiracleKnight a bunch, he's in Denver, I can't beat him. I'm really bad but he's also pretty good at watching Liz and the only times I can really hit him with something is by doing like 5C5C5C5C5C5C5C5C(1)5D lol

Oh snap, there is another Liz player in this state? Apparently I should go up there sometime.

I've played MiracleKnight a bunch, he's in Denver, I can't beat him. I'm really bad but he's also pretty good at watching Liz and the only times I can really hit him with something is by doing like 5C5C5C5C5C5C5C5C(1)5D lol

I talked to you on EFL a bit ago, lol. You should have come up with everyone last week, we were all up at my place, plenty of pizza/alcohol to go around D:

Anyways MiracleKnight is pretty good, I was too drunk by the time I started playing Persona to pose any real threats, but he jumps a lot after the 5C string instead of reacting to what liz does, so it's really easy to 214A / IAD air turn j.D him.

He also never bursts the AoA -> OMC -> Coffin combo so if you catch him in the corner, don't try to bait it T_T

Robert, Graham, and Jamaal will burst it though, so be careful.

Oh, and I'm actually picking up Aigis, but I'm so awful with her atm that i'm still going to main liz until I put in a few hundred games with her.

Come up to Fort Collins sometime <3. Or when I have a weekend off I'll try to make it down to Denver.

Just randomly throwing this out there, in regards to my 'what one buff would you give Liz if you could only choose one' question.

I think Elizabeth would actually benefit significantly if she were allowed to One More Cancel for 25 SP instead of 50. That is all.

Just randomly throwing this out there, in regards to my 'what one buff would you give Liz if you could only choose one' question.

I think Elizabeth would actually benefit significantly if she were allowed to One More Cancel for 25 SP instead of 50. That is all.

She should have stuff other than gimmicks, more like.

I personally think she should get a guard cancel that isnt ass, be able to go into 5C-> bufu on block, make maragi come out faster, make her 5B have slightly less recovery time, or maybe a 3C where thanatos goes at a 45 degree angle sorta like kanji's persona. I know all of these were mentioned earlier but i agree with all of them.

I talked to you on EFL a bit ago, lol. You should have come up with everyone last week, we were all up at my place, plenty of pizza/alcohol to go around D:

Anyways MiracleKnight is pretty good, I was too drunk by the time I started playing Persona to pose any real threats, but he jumps a lot after the 5C string instead of reacting to what liz does, so it's really easy to 214A / IAD air turn j.D him.

He also never bursts the AoA -> OMC -> Coffin combo so if you catch him in the corner, don't try to bait it T_T

Robert, Graham, and Jamaal will burst it though, so be careful.

Oh, and I'm actually picking up Aigis, but I'm so awful with her atm that i'm still going to main liz until I put in a few hundred games with her.

Come up to Fort Collins sometime <3. Or when I have a weekend off I'll try to make it down to Denver.

lol, that explains a lot. And yeah, I know, I constantly get roped into family stuff though. Last Friday was just really bad actually, I'll leave it at that.

I'll be at NEC in two weeks but I'd love to come up sometime that isn't that.

Had to leave the tourney yesterday before I got to play Graham (partly because my aunt and uncle were suddenly already in town for Thanksgiving which I didn't know, partly because I was sick) but I kinda didn't want to? lol. I picked up Yosuke a long time ago but I have pretty much the exact same problems (low life, people mashing on me all the time), plus now that GGAC is out and I've tried out Chipp I kinda just think he's not that fun anymore. I "want" to pick up Chie or Narukami instead but every time I try it's just...ugh. Can't do it. I really think I need to make myself do it (if not in this game then by learning Millia or something) because I'm a super random player and I know I'd benefit a lot from learning how to do something that isn't just combos and gimmicks. But I get bored so fast...

lol, that explains a lot. And yeah, I know, I constantly get roped into family stuff though. Last Friday was just really bad actually, I'll leave it at that.

I'll be at NEC in two weeks but I'd love to come up sometime that isn't that.

Had to leave the tourney yesterday before I got to play Graham (partly because my aunt and uncle were suddenly already in town for Thanksgiving which I didn't know, partly because I was sick) but I kinda didn't want to? lol. I picked up Yosuke a long time ago but I have pretty much the exact same problems (low life, people mashing on me all the time), plus now that GGAC is out and I've tried out Chipp I kinda just think he's not that fun anymore. I "want" to pick up Chie or Narukami instead but every time I try it's just...ugh. Can't do it. I really think I need to make myself do it (if not in this game then by learning Millia or something) because I'm a super random player and I know I'd benefit a lot from learning how to do something that isn't just combos and gimmicks. But I get bored so fast...

Then comes the question; Are you playing to win or playing to have fun? Don't force yourself to learn a new character just to improve yourself, because then you're not having fun. You're learn faster when you enjoying yourself while training.

/end random talk

Same dilemma, I really want to be a rad Aigis too but her playstyle is so (obviously) drastically different that I have no idea what to do--hell half the time I'll randomly try to summon Thanatos and well, that doesn't work out to well needless to say

Dat permaLiz curse

You guys act like Liz is some gimmicky, non-tournament viable character who gets figured out in a few games :v:.

If anything it makes the really good Liz players look--even better

I mean you see a good Mitsuru or Kanji and it's just kind of, "Meh" You see a good Liz though, and you know they had to work their dicks off to get to where they are, respectable no?

A part of me kind of likes that Liz players are rare and that she's tough to own high tiers with, makes me feel really damn good when I stomp an A rank or S rank--however rare that is. The legendary elite army nigga

I don't believe in the whole grading system, lol. I'd consider myself "good", yet I don't play ranked. Hell, I'd be like in the top 10 EXP wise if I played ranked. Anyhow I dunno why Liz isn't popular, I thought people liked her in FES.

Lol @ people working hard to be good with Mitsuru.

Well yeah I mean the ranking system isn't super reliable--I suppose all I mean is, in ranked, when you come across an S rank or SSS rank, you know, that nigga don't play around lol

I can respect that to an extent, I consider myself to be a. . .better Liz so that feels good when they're beaten, ESPECIALLY THOSE GOD DAMN MIRRORS

As for liking Liz, everyone likes Liz--however they may not like playing her. If they say they don't like her--they're lying. You can't, not like Liz

I don't believe in the whole grading system, lol. I'd consider myself "good", yet I don't play ranked. Hell, I'd be like in the top 10 EXP wise if I played ranked. Anyhow I dunno why Liz isn't popular, I thought people liked her in FES.

Lol @ people working hard to be good with Mitsuru.

Grade system is shady. I lost two grades in two back to back matches to Omni on rank. SS-S+-S and I haven't had a grade rank since.

Don't grades only work when they're within 1-2 grades of you? Something silly like that. I've always been iffy towards ranked in any game, and I much prefer player matches. I dunno.

I can understand why someone wouldn't want to play as Liz. I suppose everyone would want to play as Aigis and do pseudo unreactable 2AB > j.B all day. Liz mirror isn't that hard though, all you have to do is Garudyne at the start of the match and you win.

Are you Liz pros bothering with Garudyne specifics? I often go for 236CD[9~2] j.236D[2] since it works on everyone and timing is alot more forgiving.

Sure, I won't be able to do 5k off 5B but finishing combos is more important.