Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] Elizabeth Gameplay Discussion

I was aware that eshi went, but i guess he didn't make it into the top 32, which is when i started watching the stream.

A naoto and a labrys made it into the top 8, but not a single liz in the top 32(assuming they streamed all the matches). :(

I would've made it, real talk. Fuck work :(

Omni makes a good point. How do you guys feel about this?

Shoutouts to Tae Song Kim lmao.

oh god why

WRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYY

Also I completely forgot the whole 2C EX Zio wall stick combo since I set my mind on learning the memento mori corner combo, will try to ad that to extend them combos for more damage. The advice is much appreciated. So nice having someone explain the intricacies to me so I don't have to learn the hard way.

Ugh, gonna need to grind out garu loops. I get the sense that they're really useful for carrying enemies to the corner while doing decent/good damage not to mention some of them straight up leads to corner combos. I also don't get the timing for the 5D into garu loops at all. Earlier in this thread or another one, Elochai was talking about air grabs/faraway thanatos grabs into jb>D Garu loops. Tried to do it today but the garu's didn't come out and I just end up double jumping. Probably fucking up the input some how.

On another note, is it even possible to do instant airdashes with pad. :| I just need someone to tell me yes so I know it's possible. That and Mitsuru's Ex Droit going through Thanatos is just bullllllllllllllllllll

2C > sb.Zio > 5C (2) > j.D reset is pretty cool on people who don't expect it. You could try that when you're a tad more comfortable with corner combos. You have to set the training dummy to upwards (or forwards?) aerial tech though.

Garu loops are easiest on Naoto/Akihiko/(s.)Labrys, Yosuke, and Liz. All you have to do is hold 2 for them. I practiced on them, and when I got more comfortable, I moved on to learning it on other characters. I still fuck up the j.B garu loop lol. To time a regular garu loop after 5D, all you have to do is wait until Thanatos throws backwards, and then 5B > 2AB them. It takes a bit to get used to, but if you see it in videos, you'll get it down.

I played CS2 on pad since that was my first FG (I got a stick about the time EX came out) and I had issues IADing on it. I find the dpad is MILES beyond the analog stick for IADs.

I think all Liz players hate Mitsuru :v:. Also, this video has the j.B loops. I feel like I give you too many video links lol.

All I can say is that I appreciate all the help. That vid makes everything look so easy, it makes me jelly. Will grind out them garu loops on Naoto since I have a friend who mains her and it'll come in handy. Has anyone else tried to do the B. Bufu>A. Bufux6> j. C from that video yet? I've gotten to the 3rd Bufu and then I drop it every time. I just want to use it to make someone I know mad :)

I only got into fighting games within the last year. Started on Melty Blood since I was in a type-moon craze and the sequel was in the form of a 2d anime side scrolling fighting game that was fast pace and flashy. Friends at my local anime club playing BlazBlue and Tekken also helped keep me in this here fighting game scene. Using pad so far because d-pad hurts my thumbs and god dammit, IAD only comes out once in a blue moon when I could care less about it :(

Starting to consider buying a stick because of all the good things I hear about it and it's customization.

Love how the Elizabeth sub forums are so much livelier compared to most of the other character sub forums.

I wanted to main Elizabeth solely because of how her personality is so bubbly. Didn't care about her play style as much but it has not disappointed me yet.

Ironically, I was drawn to Liz for the same reason. I saw this game, and I didn't think anyone looked interesting. I saw Elizabeth gameplay, and after hearing her lines while fighting, I was drawn to her automatically (I never played a Persona game before).

Yeah, it's odd, but a lot of people dropped P4U I think. Seems the Liz players stuck around and supposedly, we're abundant on XBL (this, I'm skeptical of, but it seems like it).

No problem btw. I'm always down to help since this is a game I'm actually knowledgeable about. That bufu combo is so trollish, but it's too hard for me lol.

This is pretty much the first fighting game I've gotten into so I'm quite invested in it you could say. I'm trying to grow the P4U scene over at the Bay Area,CA. Sadly I'm on ps3 and online ranked is pretty much a joke. Takes a while to find anyone to play against and just yesterday, I had someone rage quit on me so I wouldn't get ranking points. I just stick to playing the other guys I got into the game so far.

Got an offline tourney Thursday so I'm prepping for it since I've been losing to two other guys who own the game who play Yu and Naoto. Been losing mainly to them super reversals right as I go for the kill because I'm so impatient. Like the Naoto player does her gun shot super that leads into the kick twice. Died to that and I'm just going shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Meanwhile the Yu player is using the Ziodyne Super to kill me because lol 3.3k damage :< The bright side is that they tell me that they hate my Elizabeth.

So yea, gonna try and put all the advice I got so far into use. Hope this game won't die anytime soon.

IAD is 99 or 77 if youre facing the other way. Unsure if there is a back dash version. Took me awhile to figure out even though its simple with common sense...

You are underestimating Garu loops. They are gdlk, not just decent.

Are you aware that 5D on feared enemies as well as from fatal counter cause wallbounce, from which you can combo from? If you don't, get to practicing it. its easy guaranteed damage.

Spammer from SC4, masher in Melty blood, and complete scrub at blazblue here. I chose liz since she my fave from p3.

Naoto gun super is easy to deal with, if you werent comboed into it, just sit still and sweep her. It's her stupid SMP loops in the corner thats bullshit. And her DP which can counter maziodyne, maragidyne, 2C, and 5D with ease. *&@#

And yu, like i said earlier, you just gotta tone down mazio and maragi if they know they can punish it. if they dont know, unleash them like no tomorrow. well not mazio since he can just ziocar through that.

Yu's Sj.214B beats maragidyne clean, real talk. Doesn't mean that Omni is wrong though, if they don't know how to deal with it, use it by all means. Also lol @ Naoto, getting gunshots for free, as well as EX countering everything full screen.

j.B garu loops only add an additional garu in most cases (which is like 250-300 extra dmg). They're a tad harder, but worth it if you like optimal combos.

If you're getting some serious respect from your opponent. Then it's time throw out a mamudoon. followed by the standard 5c 2c bbufu ex agi combo[75 meter]. but let them tech from the agi and go for a 5d reset, it'll throw them right into the mamudoon. Also viable followup is sweep Ex Garu D Garu 2a 5b 5c 2c Bbufu Ex agi [100 meter].

doo eet, beating people with mamudoon is hilarious, since it's a such a useless super.

I was reading about how IAD was 956 or 754 so maybe that's why I couldn't do it

I thought that you only got the wall bounce from 5D if you were close enough to the enemy for it. But yea Naoto's DP is frustrating to play against because I can't do my usual combos on her :|

Gonna get to practicing Cx2> A. Bufu because that apparently beats it?

But yea need to learn them Garu loops, probably invaluable against Mitsuru especially on the rare confirms.

I'd agree in saying IAD is 956/754. I dunno, at least that's how I do it.

5D wall bounce on counter hit and Fatal, however the CH combo is the same as the regular 5D combo. FC lets you do an additional garu. Naoto is pretty easy to combo because you can just do [2] when using d.garu on her. Same goes for Liz, Yosuke, S.lab/lab, and Akihiko.

Lol @ Omni, let's not throw matches with Mamudoon lol. But I'm actually gonna play this game when I get out of school today; I'm gonna try and find some tech. Been out of the lab too long because of Lollipop Chainsaw & watching NEC all day.

Is that how its done. I do 959 and it comes out. similar action so its close enough to register i guess.

The only part that distance plays in the wall bounce is if the opposite end of the screen is close enough for them to actually bounce off it. If they are at the other end of the screen and you get them with a meaty 5D, then you will have to dash towards the middle of the screen as soon as possible so that when they are thrown, the distance they have to travel to the wall is shortened. Walking instead of dashing sometimes works, but its best to dash. if you were already at the middle of the screen and hit them with a meaty 5D then you do not have to do anything to cause the wallbounce since the wall is already close enough.

And yeah, meaty 5Ds(if i have understood the word meaty correctly that is...) result from already feared opponents or from fatal counter where they try to roll past Thanatos. These are easy to spot, so when they occur you know the wallbounce will happen. And counterhits but thats not as easy to spot. Actually i don't know what counterhits are. lol

Standard followups to the wallbounce are sweep~ garu combo and 5B 5C~ Ex Agi. Too lazy to input entire combos.

If you are unsure if the enemy will be wallbounced, or you deem the enemy is too far away to go into the garu combo, don't let free damage escape as you can followup the 5D with an easy ender in jA jB jC, or its more advanced form which I can't do jA jB jA jB jC or the advanced gdlk tech that is jB jA jC 2a~ w/e combo you want. The last one is hard to do~

I didn't know about the 956 for the IAD. I play on stick and always tried double tapping between 9 & 6 (7 & 4 on the other side). I can't do IAD's to the right consistantly, but I can do them fine towards the left. I'll have to try out the 956 (754) method.

I was reading about how IAD was 956 or 754 so maybe that's why I couldn't do it

I thought that you only got the wall bounce from 5D if you were close enough to the enemy for it. But yea Naoto's DP is frustrating to play against because I can't do my usual combos on her :|

Gonna get to practicing Cx2> A. Bufu because that apparently beats it?

But yea need to learn them Garu loops, probably invaluable against Mitsuru especially on the rare confirms.

If Naoto's DP is giving you trouble during Thanatos pressure, try delaying your attack after a 5C, you could probably catch them a couple times with that. It's still annoying though when they DP beams and such.

I believe counter hits are when you hit the enemy mid attack. Didn't realize all the mechanics for fear so daaaaaayuuuuuum.

I've been doing the j.a> j.b> dj.a> j.b> j.c enders on far screen grabs because I don't have those garu loops down. Usually go for a meaty 5D on wake up until my opponent gets conditioned to jump, then I use 2C and switch from there. Guessing games so fun :D

Is it possible to do 5Cx2> A. Bufu to stop people who blocked from killing Thanatos on reaction?

I was aware that eshi went, but i guess he didn't make it into the top 32, which is when i started watching the stream.

A naoto and a labrys made it into the top 8, but not a single liz in the top 32(assuming they streamed all the matches). :(

I got gate-keeped by a Naoto in my pool. I wanted to play Marlinpie and body him so badly, but it wasn't meant to be. Another Liz player, The Arm, came from south florida. He's also good but got eliminated by a Chie.

Don't worry, Eshi. If Marlin comes to the next TSB, I'll body him for ya <3.

@Runyst, you can't do 5C (2) > a.bufu on block since 5C isn't special cancelable on block (which SUCKS!). You can go for bufu after any of Liz's non-persona normals though (except 2B iirc, since you're airborne).

Yeah I got random God Handed out of the tournament in the last round with a huge life lead sitting on a burst. I had a good time at the tournament though. Got to play most of the top players I wanted to and for the most part I was able to fight them pretty well (except for Souji...holy shit).

Liz is just such an unforgiving character both on offense and defense. I lose so many rounds because I drop huge damage combos or don't hitconfirm correctly.

OMC Ziodyne as in cancelling it with ABC as soon as it hits 222CD. It's quite stupid that it works that way, but it does.

That is hilarious and great to know for when playing other Liz =p

So I guess that would apply to any of the common IK situations, since all of them require hits so you can always OMC?

-Chie oki

-Yu oki + 1 hit

-Yosuke kunais

-Yukiko persona pressure

-random supers in general

Also I'm having some hard time hitting j.B j.A j.C combo on Aigis, her feet are too small...and triangular...its like all the 3Cs whiffing on Nu and Mu in BB

Also when is next TSB =x

I remember I was playing Pwndmonz back when he played Liz and I went for the IK when he threw out a Maragidyne. He OMCed it, stood still, and I was made to look the fool.

So I guess that would apply to any of the common IK situations, since all of them require hits so you can always OMC?

-Chie oki

-Yu oki + 1 hit

-Yosuke kunais

-Yukiko persona pressure

-random supers in general

Yukiko can use Dia during anything on the ground that can be special canceled to negate Liz's IK for free.

S nOn another note, I've been trying to implement 2B j.B D.Garu[2] combos and feel like its really unstable..off of fatal 5D midscreen is fine for a little extra damage, but off fatal corner throw, you must jump neutral or back and often it messes with your spacing for 2A 5B.

Not all that practical I think and more for show

Yukiko can use Dia during anything on the ground that can be special canceled to negate Liz's IK for free.

Haha yeah. Most often I find a chance to IK Yukiko is when she does double Maharagidyne with Fire Break in between (if you don't IK you die)

Though if she has 150 meter I guess not viable if she can OMC it...I'll have to test that out

I remember I was playing Pwndmonz back when he played Liz and I went for the IK when he threw out a Maragidyne. He OMCed it, stood still, and I was made to look the fool.

Clearly hasn't stopped you from continuing to do it. Stop wasting my 50 meter I keep saying. One of these days you'll actually get me when I don't have the 50 meter.

the arm has a hype as shit burst bait we talked about at nec, get hype he'll probably post about it later

Can you really OMC Yosuke's Kunais? I feel like he would have to see it coming for it to be pulled off. I'm jelly at how some of the cast can use their IK's like a super reversal.

@Elochai: God dammit so many things that can't be done if blocked ;_;

I'm starting to realize there's a lot of East Coast people here.