Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] Elizabeth Gameplay Discussion

very good.

it would seem a lot more situational than before, if that's even possible :v: and not being helpful at all vs mitsuru is just bananas. l hope her ass goes bankrupt. *ahem* but anyway, it's beginning to look like 'why bother' tier. at least chie can't herp2d once we get 100 meter. that's a huge plus.

Do you guys think anyone would benefit from a "combo tutorial"-esque video? I've recorded all of the combos from the thread sans 2, and I was thinking of putting them together for those that need visual reference, I suppose. Sony Vegas is being ass, and won't playback the clips, but I can still use Windows Movie Maker, so it's all good (albeit, the quality of video will be a tad lower).

this will never be a bad thing to do. go for it.

Yukiko: 5C, jC, 2C

Yukiko can cancel 5C and 2C into Dia during the IK superflash to negate it. Depending on spacing, she might also get a free punish off it as well.

Mitsuru: 236236A/B Myriad Arrows

Makes me wonder if it's actually possible for a Mitsuru to do this versus a Liz. Only thing I can think of is maybe on Mitsuru's wake-up and she assumes you're going to roll through bufudyne so she does Myriad instead.

i've seen that fail a couple of times. l think myriad arrows was only supposed to be combo fodder. she doesn't really need the range and the damage is pretty shitty.

so...no. :(

Yukiko can cancel 5C and 2C into Dia during the IK superflash to negate it. Depending on spacing' date=' she might also get a free punish off it as well.[/quote']

:psyduck: Oh, really? Thanks for that, I personally would have never thought to cancel into Dia. Yukiko's Dia throws me off so badly due to the properties of the move, so I always forget about it. Why exactly does the healing spell do damage? .-.

Yeah, the primary time you'd ever end up countering it would be if the Mitsuru player does it as a 'safe' followup to her DP. DP > Bufudyne is of course stronger, but DP > Prada beats roll attempts, iirc.

So, question to fellow Elizabeth players:

What do you do vs. Naoto to keep that bitch in the corner? It's been really frustrating the past couple days because Ex roll is SO fast and gets her out of the corner so quickly. On top of that, she can pretty much just wait and react with it. It's feeling so hard to keep her in the corner and get anything started -_-

Well, it depends, I suppose. If Naoto is feared, I try to do some sort of yomi grab setup into a corner combo for massive damage. Other than that, I know 2C beats rolls, so if the person is a habitual roller, you can 2C them for a lot of damage as well. You can always do a reset if you do like b.bufu > 2C > sb.Zio > 5C and then j.D when they tech.

Ex roll is invulnerable to almost anything I think. I would say, stand at a spot where it wont cross you up, but then again, you can't really apply much pressure from that distance. I've seen some players do jump and air backdash to catch her.

Anyone have new 5D tech? Other than j.D reset, after 5C (1), 2C OMC, or 5B, I dunno what else to do with 5D lol.

Well thanks for the tips. It seems to help a little but that EX roll is so strong at getting out of the corner.

Now to work on the mitsuru matchup :vbang:

Well thanks for the tips. It seems to help a little but that EX roll is so strong at getting out of the corner.

Now to work on the mitsuru matchup :vbang:

Forgive me if I don't seem that talkative. The game isn't out here, and it makes it very difficult to keep up with you guys.

On a side note try to keep the MU discussion here to a bare minimum please and thank you.

Forgive me if I don't seem that talkative. The game isn't out here, and it makes it very difficult to keep up with you guys.

On a side note try to keep the MU discussion here to a bare minimum please and thank you.

Elizabeth: 5B, jB, 236A/B/AB Maziodyne, 236C/D/CD Magarudyne

Just tested this yesterday. Apparently it works on SB Maragidyne as well... so basically, if liz commits to anything after a fullscreen knockdown, you get a free instant kill. lol.

Forgive me if I don't seem that talkative. The game isn't out here, and it makes it very difficult to keep up with you guys. On a side note try to keep the MU discussion here to a bare minimum please and thank you.

Seriously fuck Liz mirror matches. I have close matches with Liz players that then go off and get smashed by other people I beat consistently.

You know it is bad when I considered counterpicking with Mitsuru at the last tournament I went to >.< (I didn't...and I lost the mirror)

learning how to play the mirror match is really important because the outcome is a straight up coin flip otherwise... it's pretty silly. It's starting to remind me of Arakune mirrors.

it would be a lot more tolerable if your opponent didn't almost certainly have the capability to use megidolaon in the third/second round. can't use many of liz's tools then.

Seriously fuck Liz mirror matches. I have close matches with Liz players that then go off and get smashed by other people I beat consistently.

You know it is bad when I considered counterpicking with Mitsuru at the last tournament I went to >.< (I didn't...and I lost the mirror)

Strongly agree with this. Been bitching bout this MU since day 1.

This message was sponsored by the Phoenix King.