Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] Elizabeth Gameplay Discussion

I saw you in a room the other day, I think it was while I was afk on autopass for quite a while but I was cleaning up my living room, if I remember correctly your Liz was pretty decent, but one thing that def stuck out to me is that you had 3 or 4 situations to do the AoA -> OMC -> Coffin combo (opponent didn't have burst, you clearly had the meter or enough to mind charge for the meter) and you would have won the round if you had done it, but you didn't.

Also, I noticed at least 6 times where you got a CH/FC 5D and went for the usual j.A > j.B > j.A > j.B > j.C combo, whereas when it FC/CH's, you get a wallbounce and can do something like (Wallbounce) 5B > Sweep > Ex. Garu > D. Garu > 2A > 5B > Stuff, it does a lot more damage (I'm still trying to wake up and I can't remember my CH 5D combo at the moment, but it does 4-5k) as opposed to your ~2.1 off a CH.

Haha that's insane! I never see anyone on here online--at least not often. Hell I think the last time I did was xMillete a month and a half ago.

Anyways I don't use coffin much because I always panic as the round is closing and start randomly throwing out super charged stuff. Works sometimes, well, every now and then. Something to work on.

As for the 5D yeah no, the j.A, j.B, j.A, j.B, j.C is definitely my go to, I usually try to throw in an CDGarudyne in there at the end as well. What it really seems to come down to is me always using 5D after my standard 5C run--as stated above, I'm not that creative with my 5Ds apparently haha. But believe me I am aware of the glory you can do with a well done 5D-wallbounce combo, hell it's one of my favorite (And I'd say one of Liz's best) combos.

Bottom line, I gotta get my 5D's goin, they're too good to miss out on.

Believe it or not, but I was honestly at xMillette's house that day, playing on his account. We're only a few bus stops away.

Finished recording what I wanted for the video. Includes using Mahamon to punish some supers, meaty 5D, j.D reset, air unblockable resets, 2C oki, 2C pseudo frame/tech trap, and the j.D extended range thingy. All that's left is to convert the files, and then edit them together.

Finished recording what I wanted for the video. Includes using Mahamon to punish some supers, meaty 5D, j.D reset, air unblockable resets, 2C oki, 2C pseudo frame/tech trap, and the j.D extended range thingy. All that's left is to convert the files, and then edit them together.

That was some great stuff. Thanks for the video. Gave me some nice ideas.

Hey, I'm online quite a bit too. Just at later times because I worked 8-5 everyday this month then I chill/take care of business then hope on around 10/11 my time.

Okay guys, this is starting to really bother me. 5A does NOT beat maragidyne oki if you do it correctly, AKA with a hard knockdown and not an air tech. It obviously won't work if they can tech in the air after the 2C. Cut your combos a little shorter so they can't air tech and maragidyne oki will shit on mashing.

I do not get it, what is starting to really bother you? The fact that I said that I didn't know that 5A beats the Maragidyne oki? In any event, there is no way I can test to see if the stuff you guys say is credible because of no access to the game, so I can only go by visual references or the stuff you say.

I do not get it, what is starting to really bother you? The fact that I said that I didn't know that 5A beats the Maragidyne oki? In any event, there is no way I can test to see if the stuff you guys say is credible because of no access to the game, so I can only go by visual references or the stuff you say.
it came up a while ago in the tricks and gimmicks thread and I said the same thing about getting a hard knockdown, but no one listened >_>

I don't mean to come off as confrontational or condescending, if I have.

It's cool.

Yea, I see it, and it turns out I didn't get that part added. I will do so.

Got 3rd place at TSB today. Not to make excuses, but the stream tv kinda threw me off, I wasn't used to cancelling 5C so late (it was a tad delayed). Got blown up by Naoto though. Hopefully, Jourdal uploads it. On the bright side, I beat MarlinPie and NerdJosh by myself lol.

Glad you posted lol. I thought your name was Yuma, and not Umai. Too bad you're on PS3, I'd play you again lol. Magarudyne is still op :v:.

Haha 8k

And good job on your first match! The teams I played were also surprisingly getting hit by crappy Liz mixups, it really is a matchup that's important to know (but don't tell anyone that)

I don't tell anyone anything, except the Yukiko players :kitty:. Any how, thanks. I thought Marlin/Josh would've bodied me free lol. I'm still not used to the stream tvs; I wonder why they have input delay.

marlinpie and nerdjosh honestly aren't as strong as people think [in P4U]. They're definitely beatable, especially by a character who puts a huge emphasis on the opponent's match-up knowledge like Liz. Naoto is tough.

Naoto made me cry, doing 214B, and punishing anything I tried to do with EX counter. I dropped every combo I tried lol.

There's such an aura of mystery around Naotos.

I hardly ever see them, and usually they're really awful and I stomp them, or they're just monsters that do what has been being discussed--and more; wiping the floor with my gore.

The horror....the sheer horror...

I didn't know how to deal with it. Doesn't help that I couldn't hit confirm. I need major match up experience, I guess.

Got 3rd place at TSB today. Not to make excuses, but the stream tv kinda threw me off, I wasn't used to cancelling 5C so late (it was a tad delayed). Got blown up by Naoto though. Hopefully, Jourdal uploads it. On the bright side, I beat MarlinPie and NerdJosh by myself lol.

Even so, good stuff, dude.

I think I found a safe jump setup with liz. End a combo with a sweep juggle that lets them emergency tech (I did 5D > jB > jA > jC > 2A > 5B [ONE HIT] > sweep to test). Air dash forward on the earliest frame possible and do jA. Tested on Mitsuru & Akihiko using DP on what I hope is the earliest possible frame, I landed and blocked it every time.

Got reading rainbow'd to all hell yesterday against a yosuke ft5.

Went do to the AoA corner combo for a win, noticed he had a burst, thought i'd try to be a badass and bait the burst.

He didn't burst.

I lost the following 3 games and the subsequent ft5 because of the momentum he got going off of it.

:vbang: