Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] Elizabeth Gameplay Discussion

Are you Liz pros bothering with Garudyne specifics? I often go for 236CD[9~2] j.236D[2] since it works on everyone and timing is alot more forgiving.

Sure, I won't be able to do 5k off 5B but finishing combos is more important.

I do Garu loops on most characters, though I don't bother doing them on Chie or Aigis, since I find them too hard. On the easier characters if I do 5B > sweep > ex garu [9~2] > d.garu [2], I'll do a sweep and another d.garu. On Chie/Aigis, I don't bother, lol. Most characters just involve you doing [9~3] for d.garu; the general rule is to go up, then down almost as fast.

I don't believe in the whole grading system, lol. I'd consider myself "good", yet I don't play ranked. Hell, I'd be like in the top 10 EXP wise if I played ranked. Anyhow I dunno why Liz isn't popular, I thought people liked her in FES.

Lol @ people working hard to be good with Mitsuru.

I liked liz in P3. I was already dead set on my main before this game came out. When I heard liz was in it I was like "THAT IS MY FUCKING MAIN. NO EXCEPTIONS". And then i lived true to my word, although ive been investing in learning teddie. So far ive played about 1.8k matches with liz. I dont even bother touching ranked.

I didn't play any other Persona game but this one (shoutouts to Devil Survivor being my first SMT game), but I just saw Liz gameplay, and I was compelled. Her character is just so bubbly and aloof. Funfunfun.

Giovanni, on characters where you can just [2] for Garu, you might as well do a third. Only works in the SB.Garu route and d.Garu starter IIRC.

I didn't play any other Persona game but this one (shoutouts to Devil Survivor being my first SMT game), but I just saw Liz gameplay, and I was compelled. Her character is just so bubbly and aloof. Funfunfun.

Giovanni, on characters where you can just [2] for Garu, you might as well do a third. Only works in the SB.Garu route and d.Garu starter IIRC.

funny you say that; devil survivor was my first SMT as well. Strange journey was my 2nd and i sorta played through P3P. I know pretty much everything about P4 because some dude at this chat i frequent streamed it all. I only know bits and pieces about P3.

On an unrelated note, i hate fighting Narukami scrubs online who spam DPs. I feel stupid each time i get hit by it. Same with yosukes.

Execution never been my strongest point, and the dmg is only about 300 to 600 more so I rather go for the safe bet than the max dmg.

Execution never been my strongest point, and the dmg is only about 300 to 600 more so I rather go for the safe bet than the max dmg.

My execution is meh, i still accidentally do a 5D instead of a garu sometimes because I would accidentally not do 3 or something. Ive lost so many matches because of that.

Just gotta max out your...dexterity. . .

Ba dum--Sssss

Edit: Also I can finally agree with you guys on all the Chie hate

Last night I fought one that I swear was not only a ghost, but was God of the multidimensional universe

I am a salt-lick

If I am playing casuals I almost always go for triple Garu. I still drop it a decent amount but I can hit it on all the characters.

On the easy characters I always go for the max reps. If I'm in a tourney against the harder chars I'll just do double garu unless I'm feeling myself lol.

D.Garu (9~2) works on everyone btw it just has stricter timing on some than others.

I've been playing competitively for over decade. If the dmg boost is min. (Not even extra 1000) then it's not worth it to me. I've lost so many tournament matches when I was younger for going for the "swag" combos that only added a little extra dmg.

So now I'm set where I stick with the reliable within my range than the extra damage, and my tournament record as been solid because of this. Think of me like Fanatiq (if you follow Marvel), he's knows all the advance combos but knows that consistency of stable combos are better than losing a match for just going for that extra bit of dmg

I've been playing competitively for over decade. If the dmg boost is min. (Not even extra 1000) then it's not worth it to me. I've lost so many tournament matches when I was younger for going for the "swag" combos that only added a little extra dmg.

So now I'm set where I stick with the reliable within my range than the extra damage, and my tournament record as been solid because of this. Think of me like Fanatiq (if you follow Marvel), he's knows all the advance combos but knows that consistency of stable combos are better than losing a match for just going for that extra bit of dmg

Over a decade of competitive play? Now I'm feeling all young and shit, lol.

Anyway, it seems like the new craze in Japan is 2B > j.B > d.garu > 2A x N. Besides the videos Kiba posted last night, such combos are also present in this video (it's a nico video). Kinda odd that this is the way the garu loops are being done now. I wonder if it's better meter wise or something.

Edit: the video now has a Youtube link.

Well then, lol. My first tournament was this year, a few months after I turned 17. I don't wanna derail the thread or whatever, but have you entered any P4:A tournaments yet? If so, how'd you do? I'm curious as to how the American Liz is holding up tourney wise.

The largest thus far was ARK V where JWong and Ricki played P4A.

I finished top 9 out if 60 something I think. Lost to Kurumster in Winner semis of my pool the then Ludwig in losers. Then I started my current job so I've been to busy to travel for P4A. Every local/semi local event I've participate in I've won around Arkansas and little bit in Dallas.

Hopefully I can get time out to travel like I use to again since now I actually make enough to afford my trips. Have to miss out on NEC because of work but I'm planning on making Frosty Faustings and SCR.

The tournaments here are monthly, so I've only entered two for P4:A. The first one, I was like 16/30 (Bace destroyed me immediately, lol), and the second I came in 3/16. There wasn't a tournament for P4:A this month due to Guilty Madness, but hopefully I can actually take 1st place in December (and not get screwed by monitors that feel super foreign).

I wanted to go to NEC, but my parents wouldn't let me. It's expensive as hell too, and being without a job (shoutouts to high school) I wouldn't have been able to afford it anyhow. Hopefully someone is going to represent the Liz army.

Yeah, I was wondering about that loop in my earlier post. I've done that combo a few times in netplay today, but I'm not sure if it's better. IIRC, the standard garu loop off of 5D is like, 71 dmg higher.

Well then, lol. My first tournament was this year, a few months after I turned 17. I don't wanna derail the thread or whatever, but have you entered any P4:A tournaments yet? If so, how'd you do? I'm curious as to how the American Liz is holding up tourney wise.

We've had three in Colorado. First tournament I lost to a Labrys and an Akihiko player, both who I was dominating in casuals before we got started. I think I gave myself away. Finished 5th out of 8, then repeated that at the second one but I wasn't playing Elizabeth. Yesterday we had 13. First I beat the Labrys who beat me the first time while using Liz again, then I went 1-1 in a Yosuke mirror before giving in and picking Liz. I don't know the matchup, I thought maybe he didn't either, first round was good but then I lost. If I'd won that the Aigis player who would've been my next matchup had to leave and I would've gotten a semis bye to Winner's Finals, lol.

Anyway, next match was a Chie who barely plays and didn't know what to do about Liz at all. It was still a bit weird since he did a couple things my usual opponent for that match doesn't (mostly bizarre ambiguous j.C crossups), but really easy. Then I had to play a Mitsuru who beat me at the second tournament too. Picked Yosuke and lost, should've actually played Liz because it makes me more patient and the guy was just mashing constantly (Marvel player, lol) but I didn't realize in time. Oh well, I was kinda sick and had to go anyway so I walked away feeling kinda neutral about how I played (which...was better than the prevous tourneys). Probably going to just do Liz at NEC cause I don't want to take anything to heart too much and I don't have time to get half-decent with anyone else anyway, at least not without constantly grinding online matches. That doesn't sound appealing at all!

So jealous.

Lansing Michigan has NO tournament scene, at all. I went to a Blazblue one at an anime convention a few months back but--well that was a joke. Although there was one guy who was amazing.

Everyone plays CoD here, or MvC. Persona is almost nonexistent, and Blazblue is barely here at all.

It's such a dayum shame.

oh my god that new garu loop. Still...you still need to sweep at the end of it and still apply the proper character specific garu direction. Even though it's good to know about this, thanks for posting this.