Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] Elizabeth Gameplay Discussion

I started BB at CS2, so I'm kinda curious as to what you mean Underscore.

Is there really a 2B > garu route? I had always assumed after 2B, if you wanted to go into garu, you would have to do 2B > j.C > garu. Hmph. Will have to try this.

Is there really a 2B > garu route? I had always assumed after 2B, if you wanted to go into garu, you would have to do 2B > j.C > garu. Hmph. Will have to try this.

The 2B Garu route is amazing, and I suggest you learn it. It gives a good amount of damage and is universal, so you don't need to alter timings depending on character. For difficult characters, I don't do the final Garu, but it still nets me more damage than if I were to do basic bnbs.

And it's demoralizing. It just looks really depressing.

Would you mind giving me an example of a combo? I've been trying the new FC garu loop, are they similar?

Basically from BBCS1 -> BBCS2 there were a lot of changes that pretty much changed how everyone played so everyone had to relearn their characters.

2B Garu combo you are talking about is

2B > (j.B) > j.C > SB.Garu (9) > D.Garu (2) > sweep > D.Garu (9~2) > 2A > 5B > 5C > 2C > B.Bufu > B.Bufu > j.C

You can omit the sweep D.Garu part for an easier combo for a loss of like 800ish dmg. The full combo is a little over 5k and can be ended however you want.

As far as I know there isn't any way to go into garu combos off of 2B without SB.Garu or a OMB

That route, I'm familiar with. I thought we were talking about something else entirely (like hitting 2B into garu without the j.C). My mistake then.

Basically from BBCS1 -> BBCS2 there were a lot of changes that pretty much changed how everyone played so everyone had to relearn their characters.

In terms of original structuring yeah there was, although most agree that CS2 was far more balanced and better off in the end anyway--it was for a good cause lol

I didn't mind, just sayin

That route, I'm familiar with. I thought we were talking about something else entirely (like hitting 2B into garu without the j.C). My mistake then.

FC 5D j.B D.Garu (2) 2B j.B D.Garu(2) sweep D.Garu(8>2) 2A 5B 5C(2) etc...

Is this what you're talking about? Or:

Throw FC in Corner > 2B j.B D.Garu(2) 2B j.B D.Garu(2) sweep D.Garu(8>2) 2A 5B 5C(2) etc...

From any FC starter you can go into 2B j.B D.Garu(2) for 2 reps I believe as long as it isn't super prorated. Did you see the combo video?

FC 5D j.B D.Garu (2) 2B j.B D.Garu(2) sweep D.Garu(8>2) 2A 5B 5C(2) etc...

Is this what you're talking about? Or:

Throw FC in Corner > 2B j.B D.Garu(2) 2B j.B D.Garu(2) sweep D.Garu(8>2) 2A 5B 5C(2) etc...

From any FC starter you can go into 2B j.B D.Garu(2) for 2 reps I believe as long as it isn't super prorated. Did you see the combo video?

Yep, same combo from the CMV. That extra garu only adds 300ish damage though.

I hate to generalize so much but if I made a specific list I feel like every one of my notes would be 1 of these 3 things. So, work on those and I think you'll be much better off!

Haha nah, I know it's mostly the same stuff. Jamaal and MK are the only people around here who even know what to look for and actually try to get out of it. Everyone else just goes "that's so stupid!" and never figures it out so I've gotten kinda lazy. Against Chie my biggest problem is that I hate to let him just walk in but apparently I have to? I really feel like I kill myself in neutral in that matchup because the idea of having to block all that shit is worse than actually just blocking it. (I was laughing my ass off when minimatt said over and over that I was "patient." I'm literally blocking for what I'm pretty sure is the shortest time possible most of the time, it's just a little longer than it is for characters whose DPs actually touch things) So I end up trying to do KOF-style poking stuff off of me and just eat bigger things instead.

I really only want to beat Jamaal, lol. Anyone else is just a bonus. Don't really expect to beat Mitsurus anyway unless I decide learn an actual character :s

Decided to re-watch the CMV, does anyone know what combo this is? Must learn it for maximum trolling purposes~

oh that combo. I tried doing it and (obviously) it's harder than it looks. Basically i think it's 5C FC -> B Bufu -> A Bufu x 6 -> j.C . Not sure if it's character exclusive to Teddie.

Yeah it's a bunch of A.Bufus lol. You can do it off of any fatal but it gets REAL awkward after three for me and I drop it. I can't even get close to the 6.

You know, I don't think this combo is worth learning anymore (though I'll still try next time I get to play). I mean, let's say you complete the combo, right? Then you'd have your standard j.C knockdown options, except the fact that your opponent isn't feared (the 2C fear inflict wears off at the 3rd 214A I think). This wouldn't be a bad thing, but if you're going for 5D reset, it's practically worthless since non fatal 5D doesn't wallbounce, and I don't think you can confirm anything worthwhile from fullscreen non FC 5D.

Speaking of 5D combos, I can never get down 5D > j.B > j.A > j.C > stuff. I can never get the j.A to hit; my opponent is always too high.

It looks very demoralizing though.

Whats more demoralizing than getting hit by 7 bufus? Getting stuck in a garu loop. Maybe. I haven't been hit by 7 bufus so i don't really know. =(

Youre probably jumping too early. Not that i've ever done it, just that after rewatching the video a few moments ago i realized i was jumping too early in my practice sessions where i end up too low to hit with j.a, so im assuming its the same case for you.

Why i even practiced it when I can hardly do garu loops in the first place, I don't even know. oh wait thinking of the wrong 5D combo.

If you figure out how to get it down consistently, put me on. I'd like an option for fighting Chie (who I haven't gotten used to Garu looping just yet).

That combo is alot easier than it looks (though it is harder on smaller characters)

You do the j.A fastest after j.B, which is easy using the game's input buffer...the part that makes j.A drop is jumping too early. Basically you just time the jump when Thanatos throws, its the same timing as the 5B in the 5B sweep D.Garu combo

I've also been using that starter to confirm off random j.B hits, its quite useful to know

Aeternum figured it out after umai said this to him. I know he figured it out since he used it twice on me in one match...

If youve got the 5D to garu combo down, which i think you do, it should be easier for you.

Sadly for me I haven't completely figured the 5D to garu combo yet.

Actually imma go practice it right now to see if my assumption is correct.

I'll have to try that, seeing as I never drop the garu 5B sweep combo. That combo isn't hard, but this one seemed like it was. I assume it's because you've to jump instead of just running up to Thanatos and hitting 5B. Shoutouts to Umai once again.