Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] Elizabeth Gameplay Discussion

Against Naoto, it's a waiting game. IMO, her DP is annoying as hell.

Naoto's DP is really annoying, the whole fight can be annoying and tedious most of the time. I think I just need more practice dealing with Chie when she gets in, I have a rough time with that sometimes. I can see why both of you would say it's not that bad though. I'm not sure why but Shadow Labrys is one of the match ups I like to play with Liz the most, maybe that's why I don't mind it as much as some of the others. It does get pretty difficult with ones that are adept at coordinating their attacks and the persona attacks.

The correct term for Naoto's DP in relation to Liz is "boring". Because that's what it is, lol. The MU is pretty fair though. I could agree on S.Lab being super tolerable though; no matter how bad that MU is, it's not frustrating to play. Maybe I just like air grabbing a lot.

Just wondering here, but how many of you guys use anti-air option selects? I was in training mode and found 2B-ACD OS to be pretty funny. OMB starter with Liz damage is just a recipe for disaster honestly (especially on FC, free 9k!).

The correct term for Naoto's DP in relation to Liz is "boring". Because that's what it is, lol. The MU is pretty fair though. I could agree on S.Lab being super tolerable though; no matter how bad that MU is, it's not frustrating to play. Maybe I just like air grabbing a lot.

Just wondering here, but how many of you guys use anti-air option selects? I was in training mode and found 2B-ACD OS to be pretty funny. OMB starter with Liz damage is just a recipe for disaster honestly (especially on FC, free 9k!).

I need more 2b in my life and I need to learn burst combos as well. :eng101:

Liz vs. Teddie is a fun match-up. Lord Knight said it could be in Liz's favor when I played him at Final Round. It isn't actually but one can dream! Liz basically has no answer for 5B so don't try to beat it and position yourself such that you avoid it. Otherwise it's a pretty normal match-up, you just have to be aware of the hundreds of tricks he has at his disposal. Don't spam persona mix-ups because he gets a free card break with his DP. I love those moments where Liz traps Teddie in Maragidyne and pulls him into his own rage drink.

Chie is actually pretty fair. Her oki is autopilot but not anywhere near as stupid as Yu. 5A is ridiculously plus but if she spams it then IB > throw will punish it. She's fast but with short range so 5A/2B/jB are all really good tools. Liz has multiple options for punishing meteors. Just remember to stay out of the air in situations where she'll just smack you in the face with CH jA. Liz can make her work for her oki pretty consistently.

Naoto is boring as shit but not bad. Liz can't punish gun shots but she can just sit back and gain meter until she's a major threat. Again, don't spam persona mix-ups because DP = free persona break.

Aigis is fucking stupid. Don't jump or she'll do 2B > orgia mode > LOOK AT ALL THIS MIXUP I TOTALLY DESERVE GUIZ!!! If she's already in orgia mode, jump like hell and run the fuck away. If you have to block her mix-up, you lose. Luckily Liz can still space her out pretty well so it's not super bad, but Aigis will absolutely rob you of victories sometimes.

against Shadow Labrys, abuse the fuck out of 2B. If her persona isn't blocking then you get a free persona break and if you immediately jump cancel then she can't do anything to punish. Slab's neutral is still good though. Her mix-up can get pretty crazy but most of it is just shenanigans that you can download and answer on reaction. Bananaken still destroys me because I don't know his shenanigans :v:

Liz vs. Teddie is a fun match-up. Lord Knight said it could be in Liz's favor when I played him at Final Round. It isn't actually but one can dream! Liz basically has no answer for 5B so don't try to beat it and position yourself such that you avoid it. Otherwise it's a pretty normal match-up, you just have to be aware of the hundreds of tricks he has at his disposal. Don't spam persona mix-ups because he gets a free card break with his DP. I love those moments where Liz traps Teddie in Maragidyne and pulls him into his own rage drink.

Chie is actually pretty fair. Her oki is autopilot but not anywhere near as stupid as Yu. 5A is ridiculously plus but if she spams it then IB > throw will punish it. She's fast but with short range so 5A/2B/jB are all really good tools. Liz has multiple options for punishing meteors. Just remember to stay out of the air in situations where she'll just smack you in the face with CH jA. Liz can make her work for her oki pretty consistently.

Naoto is boring as shit but not bad. Liz can't punish gun shots but she can just sit back and gain meter until she's a major threat. Again, don't spam persona mix-ups because DP = free persona break.

Aigis is fucking stupid. Don't jump or she'll do 2B > orgia mode > LOOK AT ALL THIS MIXUP I TOTALLY DESERVE GUIZ!!! If she's already in orgia mode, jump like hell and run the fuck away. If you have to block her mix-up, you lose. Luckily Liz can still space her out pretty well so it's not super bad, but Aigis will absolutely rob you of victories sometimes.

against Shadow Labrys, abuse the fuck out of 2B. If her persona isn't blocking then you get a free persona break and if you immediately jump cancel then she can't do anything to punish. Slab's neutral is still good though. Her mix-up can get pretty crazy but most of it is just shenanigans that you can download and answer on reaction. Bananaken still destroys me because I don't know his shenanigans :v:

This is helpful advice and it gets me to understand these matchups better. Speaking of Aigis robbing people of victories...I nearly beat GotSarge twice in ranked, only for a reversal super to bitchslap me twice.