Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] Elizabeth Combo Thread (Updated 5/19/13)

Haha! Those combooooooooooooooooooos!

Thanks dude! I got 'em down.

I think sb.agi is one of the better starters. You can get a full mamaon combo off it at least. Will have to check it out when I get home.

hmmm couldnt get d garu loop off on chie

main char mitsuru kanji and kuma needed [9~2], the timing is really weird on kuma and main char

For d garu I use a smooth half circle back motion starting from 9 to 2. You get a feel for it after a while.

on chie i think i was about 1 frame off from connecting 2a.....might be possible?

sb garu 9 d garu 2 > xxx works on chie, as does hitting with only the second half of d garu, so long as you're decending.

I got D.Garu 2a to work on her off 5d > 5b > Sweep > D.Garu The prerequisite seems to be hitting with D.Garu when she's as high as possible.

well sadly theyre only stable on like half the chars =/

d garu[3]>[2a>5b>sweep>d garu]x2>2a>5b>5c>2c>b bufu x2>j.c does 6210 so yeah 2a is better proration

Wait is this post 2c to begin with? If it isn't you can wring even more damage out of it by getting that 5c powered up.

Also thanks for the video cor, if at all possible could you get a run-through of the optimized d.garu on everyone for comparison purposes? No rush :p

~6.6k with 2c buff, meh not big of a deal imo

hmm post 2c.... 7-8 hit fc air d garu>sweep>d garu>[2a>5b>sweep>d garu]x2>2a>5b>5c>2c>b bufu x2>j.c does around 6.8k, replacing end b bufu with ex agi>j.c does around 7.1k

5b>[d garu>2a>5b>sweep>]x2>2a>5b>5c>2c>b bufu x2>j.c does like 4.5-4.6k

2 loops looks pretty standard if used really early, other than for 5d/j.d starter

d garu[2~3] works on hanamura, sanada, both axe robots, naoto, and elizabeth

d garu[9~2] works on everyone but chie it seems, meaning you must use it on main char, mitsuru, aigis, kanji, kuma, and yukiko

d garu[9~6~3] looks like its for chie, fuck her :/

"5AAA > D.Garu[3] > 5A > 5B > 5C(2) > 2C > B.Bufu > SB.Zio"

In this starter I am having a lot of trouble connecting the 2C after the 5C(2)... even after watching the video a lot! Any tips for it? (using Kanji as the practice dummy)

edit: nvm figured it out~

I need to stop reading half a post before responding.

well sadly theyre only stable on like half the chars =/

d garu[3]>[2a>5b>sweep>d garu]x2>2a>5b>5c>2c>b bufu x2>j.c does 6210 so yeah 2a is better proration

What's the scaling like if you start this with something else (or maybe just at 2a/5d). Just wondering because I can't imagine being able to start a combo with D.Garu, at least against someone who knows what they're doing. I'm still trying to just land the whole thing at once, that's why I ask.

I also found that when doing the D. Garu loop if you do 9 and then smash straight down to 2 with as little delay as possible it works fine, too. The actual amount of time from switching from 9 to 2 is done quick enough actually allows me some room for error. Because usually D. Garu makes me slow down my inputs so it's hard to just go from 9 to 2 really quickly. But it kinda works for me. Just a heads of up those who might not be able to do the slow 9632 movement. Since I failed at that for like 30 minutes, and then tried this way and it worked fine.

Thought I'll keep trying the 963 movement since the one I'm talking about doesn't work on chie like stated above :<

The way I got the D.Garu loop to work for me was to jack up to 8 for a fraction of a second then fall into 9632. It probably doesn't actually make much of a difference, but I tried going straight to 9 for like 45 minutes without getting it, but as soon as I started going up first I was able to do it consistently.

:eng101: Everyone's going to have to work out their own way to pilot Garudyne at some point or another for this character (at least for now).

There is good news, though. I don't have this down to any extremely high level of consistency, nor do I mean to dismiss anyone's abilities with this character, but if Chie is the hardest character for D. Garudyne, then Elizabeth won't have too much trouble. I've spent the better part of my time with this game just learning how to pilot all three versions of Garudyne against Chie and Yu (two characters I figured would be common enemies) from different starters. The heights matter, yes, and the timing of your cancel into Garudyne matters, yes, and the part of the tornado that hits first matters, yes, but once you learn the nuances of this move, things become much simpler.

Garudyne has gotten to the point where I can visually determine whether or not a legit followup afterward will fail based on my spacing and timing of the tornado. I wish I had some equipment to kind of give people some visual hints, but all I can really say is to learn the physics of the move. From what I've been experimenting with, you can adjust the timing and spacing of Garudyne significantly and still follow up properly depending on how you pilot the tornado and move your opponent around on top of it. Once you guys grind it out, I'm sure you'll find this to actually be the more fun part of her combos.

Also, not sure if I was just seeing things, but I thought there was combo as follows under the mid-screen normal starters on the first page:

5AAA > D. Garu > 5A/2A > (5B) > 5C(2) > 2C > B. Bufu > j.C/SB Zio

If it was removed because of doubts regarding its practicality, I've been churning it out for the past two days, so it seems legit with the training dummy set to tech out in all directions, and against CPU, netplay, and local opponents. If it was never there, my bad, and if it was there and removed for some other reason, sorry for not knowing why it's not there. Coulda swore I saw it there, though.

It was there but I removed it because leaving it there seems to bring more problems for more people. Although some people have gotten the hang of it, it's only useful for the beginning of the match and Elizabeth has better combos to use if you're gonna use 25 SP. Not only does 5AA > Sweep > SB.Garu > stuff deal more damage but it's easier too.

not possible? its completely possible, bait naoto to do anti air bullets and d garu downwards and get a ch into even bigger combo. or even harder to tell crossup/non-crossup d garu when youre like directly above them

It was there but I removed it because leaving it there seems to bring more problems for more people. Although some people have gotten the hang of it, it's only useful for the beginning of the match and Elizabeth has better combos to use if you're gonna use 25 SP. Not only does 5AA > Sweep > SB.Garu > stuff deal more damage but it's easier too.

:eng101: Phew, okay. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy because I know I didn't make that combo up, hahaha.

I know we don't really have proration values and combo rates yet, but do people know Elizabeth's really beefy starters? I'd imagine throw, 5D, 5C(2), and maybe Maragidyne are good, but because Elizabeth has so many multi-hitting moves that don't always land all hits, it's kinda hard to tell what has nice starting utility besides what you can usually guess from ArcSys games. It -seems- like Garudyne gets beefy damage, but I'm no combo technician, so I have a hard time judging these things without grinding out combo after combo with different starters. I actually wish I was more of a combo creator; Elizabeth is way too stylish to not be creative mid-combo.

2C and Garudyne are quite beefy too.

not possible? its completely possible, bait naoto to do anti air bullets and d garu downwards and get a ch into even bigger combo. or even harder to tell crossup/non-crossup d garu when youre like directly above them

No where in my post did I say it's not possible, and I'm specifically referring to the 5AAA > D.Garu combo.

2C and Garudyne are quite beefy too.

No where in my post did I say it's not possible, and I'm specifically referring to the 5AAA > D.Garu combo.

He's talking about someone else, who said that landing a raw D.Garu wasn't possible unless the enemy was stupid because it was so slow.

My bad! I figured he was talking about someone else but I was conflicted.

:eng101: Phew, okay. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy because I know I didn't make that combo up, hahaha.

I know we don't really have proration values and combo rates yet, but do people know Elizabeth's really beefy starters? I'd imagine throw, 5D, 5C(2), and maybe Maragidyne are good, but because Elizabeth has so many multi-hitting moves that don't always land all hits, it's kinda hard to tell what has nice starting utility besides what you can usually guess from ArcSys games. It -seems- like Garudyne gets beefy damage, but I'm no combo technician, so I have a hard time judging these things without grinding out combo after combo with different starters. I actually wish I was more of a combo creator; Elizabeth is way too stylish to not be creative mid-combo.

It doesn't seem like Elizabeth has much in the way of starting combos. A lot of her moves are very slow and have long recovery, so the moment you fight someone who knows how to punish, a combo that starts with D.Garu won't be easy to pull off. I start most combos the standard way, jB, 5B, 2C, maybe a sweep if they aren't blocking low. The guy I mainly fight against uses Mitsuru, so anything that can be punished is punished.

Just curious is the aerial opponent (2a-5b-sweep-d. garu)x2 possible on yu/chie? I can't seem to get it down.

EDIT: nvm it just requires really, really careful garu manuevering. At least on Yu.