Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] Elizabeth Combo Thread (Updated 5/19/13)

I have a question~ I was testing this combo here:

2C > B.Zio > 5B > 5C(2) > 2C > SB.Zio > 5C(2) > 2C > B.Bufu > (Concentrate) > AOA > OMC > Ghastly Wail [7582 DM] [125 SP]

Anyways I did the combo but I only got 4.7k damage. Did I do something wrong? :o

Edit: I did 7.5k damage. The reason I got 4.7k damage was because I had both me and my opponent in training mode in awakening mode. I think that reduces damage taken, right? My bad.

On a side note, what's the minimum damage that the coffin super can do with like max proration? Does this game have the minimum damage thing that BB had or what? That way I can know that spending whatever amount of health I had until awakening won't be accidently lost if I don't kill with the coffin super ender.

On a side note, what's the minimum damage that the coffin super can do with like max proration? Does this game have the minimum damage thing that BB had or what? That way I can know that spending whatever amount of health I had until awakening won't be accidently lost if I don't kill with the coffin super ender.

According to the opening post of the general discussion thread, it's 50% of its base value (which I don't know off the top of my head).

i think base dmg was like 2.4k? but if its 50% min then 2c buff midcombo makes it do just the base dmg then =/

pretty good combo if you can hit confirm well and have good execution

5a>5c(2)>a bufu>iad j.b>j.c>2a>5b>5c(2)>a bufu>j.c ~3.2k

l think you need crouching for this combo, l remember trying 5a 5c on a standing opponent yesterday and it not gatlinging. neither does a bufu after 5c on standing. it could have been me messing it up but l doubt it. even still this is good stuff especially since it doesn't need fear to work

yeah its crouching only, but it does good damage for when youre low on meter

if you have 25 meter and youre confident in your execution 5aa>sweep>ex garu[9~2]>d garu[2]>sweep>d garu>2a>5b>5c(2)>2c>b bufu x2>j.c = ~4.6k is what you should always aim for

yeah its crouching only, but it does good damage for when youre low on meter

if you have 25 meter and youre confident in your execution 5aa>sweep>ex garu[9~2]>d garu[2]>sweep>d garu>2a>5b>5c(2)>2c>b bufu x2>j.c = ~4.6k is what you should always aim for

Is 5AA > Sweep better proration than 5A > 5B > Sweep?

5b proration is pretty awful and im pretty sure youve noticed how it can actually fuck up your combo because of the reach of the cards

Treat 5b as l like a 85/92. It's excellent mid combo as a filler and an average starter.

B.bufu tk.d.garu 2a 5b sweep d.garu 2a 5b 5cc 2c b.bufu j.c is like 47xx ~?

5b proration is pretty awful and im pretty sure youve noticed how it can actually fuck up your combo because of the reach of the cards

Yeah I'm just more inclined to do a combo such as 2A > 5B > Whatever instead of a 2A > 5AA. I feel that the proration would be worse. Since I do 2A a lot more than I do 5A lol.

I have found that you can do the AOA > OMC > Ghastly Wail combo midscreen. I didn't know you could do it midscreen.

I mean I can't think of an easy way to COMBO into it, since AOA has a lot of startup and it uses a lot of B. Bufu's freeze time, so you can't dash forward to do it. But still I didn't know it worked.

2a>5aa isnt good, if you can hit confirm it 2a>sweep is the best, but for hit confirming purposes 2a>5b is most practical tho i hit 2a at a distance alot and 5b tends to not combo

lolwut 3 b bufus in 1 combo? o_O

fc d garu>sweep>d garu>burst>sweep>d garu>[2a>5b>sweep>d garu]x2>2a>5b>5c(2)>2c>b bufu>concentrate>bokosuka>rc>nageki = ~10k

ch/fc gyakugire>dash 5a>5b>5c(2)>2c>(concentrate>2c)>b bufu>bokosuka>rc>nageki = 3.9-4.1k

fc gyakugire>dash 5a>5b>sweep>d garu>2a>5a/5b>5c(2)>2c>(concentrate>2c)>b bufu>bokosuka>rc>nageki = 4.5-4.7k

2a>5aa isnt good, if you can hit confirm it 2a>sweep is the best, but for hit confirming purposes 2a>5b is most practical tho i hit 2a at a distance alot and 5b tends to not combo

lolwut 3 b bufus in 1 combo? o_O

fc d garu>sweep>d garu>burst>sweep>d garu>[2a>5b>sweep>d garu]x2>2a>5b>5c(2)>2c>b bufu>concentrate>bokosuka>rc>nageki = ~10k

ch/fc gyakugire>dash 5a>5b>5c(2)>2c>(concentrate>2c)>b bufu>bokosuka>rc>nageki = 3.9-4.1k

fc gyakugire>dash 5a>5b>sweep>d garu>2a>5a/5b>5c(2)>2c>(concentrate>2c)>b bufu>bokosuka>rc>nageki = 4.5-4.7k

That 10k damage combo has so many garus I'm scared to even attempt it. Getting the 2 garu loop is hard enough for me, at this point in time xD. Then again I am practicing on Yu dummy and Yu players, mainly. And Chie players. =.=

i can do it on [9~2] somewhat consistently against 2+ delay netplayers, and i cant even get past the 2nd loop chie so fuck that bitch =/

i can do it on [9~2] somewhat consistently against 2+ delay netplayers, and i cant even get past the 2nd loop chie so fuck that bitch =/

Yeah I can do the [9~2] pretty confidently now twice in a row against just about everyone except Chie. Just more than 2 is just daunting, more than anything. I'm sure if I went into the lab for a little I'd get it down, though. But using a burst isn't something I like to do anyways, since Liz's damage is already crazy, lol.

On a side note, have you been trying to do the [9~3] Crossup type d.Garu so you can switch sides if you catch yourself in a corner. I feel like the timing on that one is much harder, I dunno.

Obviously using the special garu is much easier to cross up switch with, but I'm talking about just the plain Sweep > d.garu we all do.

its alot easier on chars that dont require [9~2] from what ive tested

if they dont have a burst and they only require [2~3] then you should do it, even if you dont have a burst you can still get like....9k i think it was?

its alot easier on chars that dont require [9~2] from what ive tested

My bad. About 90% of my questions are concerning Yu type difficulty and onwards, since that and Chie are the only dummy types I practice on. The other character Garu loops are easy enough I don't really ask.

But yeah it just seems like I catch the opponent's character like a frame before they hit the ground if I do the crossup version of the garu. Instead of a couple frames to spare like I normally have with the regular garus.

how the !@#$ do you combo from jb on airborn foes. it's incredibly inconsistant for me atm

Sb.Garu down > Stuff.

Use J.b when liz is at an equal height as the opponent to get all the hits and make combing off it easier.

Someone from MM managed to acquire something really useful for D.Garu combos from the JP wiki which I will include in the first page:

For Akihiko, Yousuke, Naoto, Labrys, and Shadow Labrys you can just hold 2 during the D.Garu. Do a 2a ASAP when you land and continue the combo.

For everyone else besides Aigis, Teddie and Chie, you let the D.Garu go up in neutral and then hold 2 about halfway through.

For Teddie, you you go 8>2 at a 4:6 ratio, ie 40% of the move is 8, 60% is 2. They rate this as pretty easy.

For Aigis, it's the same, but they say it is a little more strict than Teddie.

For Chie you do 8>2 at a 50/50 ratio, and they rate the combo as pretty hard.

Mitsuru and Yu are also slightly awkward, and it is suggested to use the neutral>2 method, but you can do 8>2 if you find that easier.

Someone from MM managed to acquire something really useful for D.Garu combos from the JP wiki which I will include in the first page:

Man, just letting it go neutral and 2 at the end? We were over thinking this one.