Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] Elizabeth Combo Thread (Updated 5/19/13)

Man, just letting it go neutral and 2 at the end? We were over thinking this one.

Lol I was actually testing that with the elevator combo but not the D.Garu combos. Man, shoulda tested for the D.Garu combos xD

Although the [9~2] combo allows you to bring them into the corner from MUCH farther away, but is obviously much, much harder.

Yea honestly I can't believe I missed that method but ah well. The clarification helped, and with that it's made my D.Garu combos a helluva lot easier. It's actually really fun to do too and I've been using it all the time ever since. I'll admit I'm still iffy about using it on Teddie and Aigis though.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to bring this up, or if I'm the only one who needs to bring this up, but I'm having a lot of trouble consistently get j.A > B > j.A > B > C to consistently connect from 5D and AOA-C. I really want to be more accurate on this. Opponent always seems to fall away from me after I connect the first B. Should I jump more towards them or straight up or should I just lock myself in a basement until I get it right

Sorry if this is the wrong place to bring this up, or if I'm the only one who needs to bring this up, but I'm having a lot of trouble consistently get j.A > B > j.A > B > C to consistently connect from 5D and AOA-C. I really want to be more accurate on this. Opponent always seems to fall away from me after I connect the first B. Should I jump more towards them or straight up or should I just lock myself in a basement until I get it right

Wait for the person you're hitting you come back with the j.B, as it is two parts, and then jump immediately.

Forgot to say, I always wait for j.B to hit twice, am I just not jumping soon enough?

Do the maximum amount of hits that your AOA can do and get the fatal counter. And then make sure when you jump you aren't RISING as the j.B is landing, as in delay your j.A a tiny bit.

OOOOH, I'll try that out, thanks for the help

EDIT: I think the main problem I'm having with 5D>jA etc is that I'm a little too far above them when the first jA hits

EDIT: your advice totally worked, thanks again

Has anyone else noticed that to do the Elizabeth IAD turn around crossups against people it's much better to Turn around IAD? So like... I find that kinda hard to do.

Has anyone else noticed that to do the Elizabeth IAD turn around crossups against people it's much better to Turn around IAD? So like... I find that kinda hard to do.

Try inputting 9A+C 56 for the turn around IAD. You'll turn around by the time you put the stick back at neutral and it still counts as a dash input.

Try inputting 9A+C 56 for the turn around IAD. You'll turn around by the time you put the stick back at neutral and it still counts as a dash input.

That's what I've been doing. My inputs have always been pretty sloppy so I am just not timing it right sometimes, plus I want to do it quickly so that there's no openings in it. I'm sure with some practice I'll get it down, though. It's just weird because the only time I've buffered a forward and then button press forward again input was like back in guilty gear to do airdash roman cancel combos. And i was bad at those too!

how to you combo 236B? i'm trying to work on a combo but 236B sends them flying across the screen and i can't seem to either catch them before they go or get to them in time. I'm working on 2c - 236b - 5b---

how to you combo 236B? i'm trying to work on a combo but 236B sends them flying across the screen and i can't seem to either catch them before they go or get to them in time. I'm working on 2c - 236b - 5b---

236B is mainly for corner combos. I find it that if I put in 236B immediately after the 2C, it'll connect. You can always mash out the the 5B after the 236B.

236B is mainly for corner combos. I find it that if I put in 236B immediately after the 2C, it'll connect. You can always mash out the the 5B after the 236B.

oh wow thank you lol. yeah that works great now!

Was toying around with training mode, and I found something fun that works on akihiko (haven't tested anyone else)

Midscreen:

Airthrow(CH) land 5B sweep D.Garu[2] 5C(2) 2C B.Bufu SB.Agi sweep (4767 damage) (25 SP cost)

Edit: Must be as low to the ground when performing the throw. Also works on Naoto

:eng101: The first few pages (depending on how many posts per page you show) of both this thread and the general discussion thread have tons of advice.

The wiki also has a bit of info in the Garudyne section.

Hmmm, maybe we should make a thread specifically for Garudyne? I feel like we're coming to a more complete understanding of it every couple days and I can see "Garucombo" questions becoming very commonplace in the future.

garudyne does not need it's own thread. as it is a combo tool, it already has it's own sub-topic in the combo thread, which is good enough.

you have to be wary who you're fighting against. l highly advise that you get down all the regular timings, as they are easier and work on alot of the cast. then, tackle the character specific ones. as the character specific ones hold the majority of the higher/top tier characters, it's imperative that you try hard to learn them. the timings for the characters can be found in the combo thread. l believe d.garu does 10 hits, so if you see something like 6:4, you hold 8 or 9 for about 6 hits and 2 or 3 for 4 hits.

practice, practice, practice the key to garu combos.

I'm just a lazy and only use SB garu.

Also, I found a rather easy way to followup off non-counterhit 5D. I just airdash back as quickly as I can, pause a tick, then airdash back against and j.B>5B>5C. The second airdash I usually do just as Thanatos throws.

There seems to be a real issue of people not reading stuff here. Most of the information you guys ask for is right here in front of you. I don't think I've done anything wrong and I love helping you guys and all, but when the answer is right in front of your face and I'm getting repetivie questions on combos for instance I start to wonder what it is you guys exactly want.

I'm normally quite patient and lax but I might have to start deleting posts and giving out infractions if it's necessary. ;/

Please do not misinterpret what I said. I'm not saying you'll get bodied if you ask questions, but please make use of this forum before you do. I've tried to make this place very accessible and easy to read. If something is difficult to understand then let me know.

Also @ Yannick, as TD stated there doesn't need to be a thread on Garudyne as the 2nd post in the first page of the combo thread suffices. If anymore information needs to go there I'll add it there, and/or in the wiki.

@TGR: Nice stuff.

Don't have my ps3 right now but I'm pretty sure the optimal combo off Airthrow CH is something like:

Airthrow CH > j.D.Garu > Sweep > D.Garu > 2a > 5b > 5c(2) > 2c > B.bufu(x2) > j.c

Found a 2C corner combo that does slightly more damage than the listed SB.Garu combo and costs less SP. Both combos leave your opponent paralyzed.

2C > B.Bufu > 2C > 5C(2) > 2C > 236A+B > 5B > 5C(2) > 2C > 214B > j.C 5374 dmg Cost 25 SP

On the listed SB.Garu combo you can add a D.Garu[2] and get almost the same damage as ^ that combo.

Don't have my ps3 right now but I'm pretty sure the optimal combo off Airthrow CH is something like:

Airthrow CH > j.D.Garu > Sweep > D.Garu > 2a > 5b > 5c(2) > 2c > B.bufu(x2) > j.c

I can't test this so I'm unsure, though it seems neat.

Found a 2C corner combo that does slightly more damage than the listed SB.Garu combo and costs less SP. Both combos leave your opponent paralyzed.

2C > B.Bufu > 2C > 5C(2) > 2C > 236A+B > 5B > 5C(2) > 2C > 214B > j.C 5374 dmg Cost 25 SP

On the listed SB.Garu combo you can add a D.Garu[2] and get almost the same damage as ^ that combo.

Thanks dude. Got it down.

Just tested that and yes it does work. The midscreen version you posted does 4861 dmg, midscreen paralysis ender (B.Bufu > SB.Zio) does 4570, and corner paralysis ender (B.Bufu > 2C > SB.Zio) does ~4630 dmg.

I tried starting it in the corner and it didn't work because the 5B > 5C(2) doesn't connect. It might have been an error on my part but it seems like if 5B goes off the screen (too deep into the corner) then the combo won't work.

Edit: While testing D.Garu timings I discovered that Elizabeth is another character that you can just hold [2] during D.Garu.