Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] Elizabeth Combo Thread (Updated 5/19/13)

I do a small Garu loop off 5D, but I don't know if its the most damaging option.

Yeah, my usual 5D combo is like 5B > sweep > garu > stuff, but I figured I might as well learn this as well.

Yeah, my usual 5D combo is like 5B > sweep > garu > stuff, but I figured I might as well learn this as well.

Eh. Why learn it? It's suboptimal. If you're in range where j.B will be more useful than dash 5B, you can just back dash and 5B before they land. But to each their own.

Sometimes during combos involving Garu D or SB, my damage at the end falls up to 300 or so damage short of the optimum values. What's going on? All I can think of is that I'm missing hits on the Garus.

Also, thanks for this thread, it's done way more for me than challenge mode (I'm surprised they didn't include any Garu loops in there).

well.....its good for chie imo :D

btw fc throw>sweep>d garu>2a>2b>j.a>j.b>d garu>sweep>d garu>2a>5c(2)>2c>concentrate>2c>b bufu>bokosuka>rc>nageki = ~7.6k?

Eh. Why learn it? It's suboptimal. If you're in range where j.B will be more useful than dash 5B, you can just back dash and 5B before they land. But to each their own.

I see your point. As silly as it is, I just like having a lot of options combo wise.

Sometimes during combos involving Garu D or SB, my damage at the end falls up to 300 or so damage short of the optimum values. What's going on? All I can think of is that I'm missing hits on the Garus.

Also, thanks for this thread, it's done way more for me than challenge mode (I'm surprised they didn't include any Garu loops in there).

Some 5B hits can also get shaved off occasionally as well.

l use it because fuck d garu combos. (except on akihiko.)

you just jump straight up, j.b, mash j.a, j.c. after awhile you wont even have to mash the j.a.

It's no problem.

btw fc throw>sweep>d garu>2a>2b>j.a>j.b>d garu>sweep>d garu>2a>5c(2)>2c>concentrate>2c>b bufu>bokosuka>rc>nageki = ~7.6k?

That combo sounds crazy dude!

The biggest benefit of learning them is that they're consistent on just about everyone. I don't usually do it unless combo'ing into 2d though.

hmm fc throw>sweep>d garu>2a>5b>2b>j.b>d garu>sweep>d garu>2a>5c(2)>2c>concentrate....stuff = 7.75

hmm fc throw>sweep>d garu>2a>5b>2b>j.b>d garu>sweep>d garu>2a>5c(2)>2c>concentrate....stuff = 7.75

what directions of garu are you using? because I'm assuming that's a corner combo.

It is since you can only followup throws with sweep in the corner.

I assume the direction of the Garu depends on which character you are playing against.

It is since you can only followup throws with sweep in the corner.

I assume the direction of the Garu depends on which character you are playing against.

But are the same as the ones you would use midscreen? corner D Garu seems weird for me. Also, didn't some guy said they had a japanese method of doing garu loops on everybody and that was easier than the current one?

But are the same as the ones you would use midscreen? corner D Garu seems weird for me. Also, didn't some guy said they had a japanese method of doing garu loops on everybody and that was easier than the current one?

By "current one" do you mean the [9~2] loops or do you mean the method posted on the front page? The ones posted on the front page are considered to be the easiest methods and are doable in the corner. The [9~2] method, however, needs to be pulled back to 1 at the last second to work half the time. I might make a video concerning this, but I've been busy with school and haven't been able to play at all.

j.b>d garu is [2] and you never need to hold 1 for [9~2] lol......that "let go of stick" method is terrible imo and feels more luck based to me

j.b>d garu is [2] and you never need to hold 1 for [9~2] lol......that "let go of stick" method is terrible imo and feels more luck based to me

do I need to hit with all the hits from j.B or just the initial ones?

for 2a>5b>2b>j.b in corner you want all of j.b to hit since 5b hits get cutoff so youd proly just want to stick with 2a>2b>j.a>j.b instead, midscreen its really easy since its like the perfect height from 5b

:eng101: Has anybody been able to get 5AAA > A.Bufu > jD.Garu > 2A > 5B > etc.?

It's probably not optimal, but this should be able to work. Trying to use an angled super jump to get this to work, but if I do that and churn out the Garu too fast, I get Mamudoon sometimes. I've only gotten it once, but it felt really mashy and unclean; trying to see if there's any way to flow from A.Bufu into jD.Garu. =__=

kiba, you should add rising j.b as a combo route since you can do rising j.b j.a j.c stuff outside of 5d. it's much better than doing an air combo too.

you can just add rising j.b j.a j.c 2a 5b 5c 2c b.bufu (b.bufu j.c) or 236 ab) for now. but i'm pretty sure a garu rep can be done on normal/ch, definitely fatal.

kiba, you should add rising j.b as a combo route since you can do rising j.b j.a j.c stuff outside of 5d. it's much better than doing an air combo too.

you can just add rising j.b j.a j.c 2a 5b 5c 2c b.bufu (b.bufu j.c) or 236 ab) for now. but i'm pretty sure a garu rep can be done on normal/ch, definitely fatal.

This is the combo u showed me at the session. From a 5D/J.5D starter right?