Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] Elizabeth Combo Thread (Updated 5/19/13)

Yeah, it's a bit tighter to hit. However, you just have to delay the j.B from what I've experienced. If I don't think they're low enough for j.B, there's always 2B > 236D.

J.C is super safe to hit confirm since it's really universal; the hitbox is large so that it'll probably tag anyone who got tagged by 2B to begin with. Only issue with this route is that if you're far enough, 236CD whiffs and you waste the meter :v:.

For a whole year, I've been using 2B > j.C > 236CD > xx as my go-to AA combo. Why did no one ever tell me about 2B > j.B > 2AB > xx :(?

No idea, haha. I've been doing 2B > j.B > 5B > 2AB > loops for the last month or so. Guess I should start omitting the 5B. Most likely makes the combo more consistent too. I'll go practice this in a bit, but if I remember correctly...you can still do 2B > j.B > 5B without a CH if the height is right.

Edit: So I just tested it and I was right. You can still 2B > j.B > 5B non-CH. It's really strict though. Not only does the opponent have to be at an extremely low height, you also have to delay the j.B for a frame or two in order for the 5B to connect. It's not worth it unless you're confident you can do this confirm (even then, online would probably make this even worse). Otherwise, I'd just stick with 2B > j.C > 236CD for non-CH AA confirms.

Generally yes. I think there are a few cases where you go with only 1 hit, but im don't know them.

Liz just has no mixups so you're forced wait for the other guy to mess up.

It'd be a good idea to start practicing using OMC you'll have to rely on it alot at higher level play.

2B OMC j.A or 2A mixup

D.Garu OMC j.A or 2A mixup

5C(2) 2OMC 5C if they like to try to break thanatos

Theres also 5C(1) 2OMC which lets you can go in on them while Thanatos is attacking

5C 236A OMC to wallstick them to the corner

Also good to learn is Airturn backdash. Too many 2Bs in this game that can body liz.

Just wondering why 2OMC instead of normal?

I've always meant to ask this, but what are the Garu inputs for when you want to keep a distance from your enemy in the corner and they don't belong to the "just hold 2" category?

For example, if you're playing an Akihiko, you can do Garu [2~1] so you don't get too deep into the corner, and therefore there will be no trouble with 2A > 5B > 5C > 2C which doesn't seem to work consistently when you're right into the corner.

So, what should I input against the [9~2] characters? Just replace 2 with 1, which translates to [9~1]? I can't seem to make it work, since I always fall back and the important last hit whiffs.

The above route should help me a great deal, but I assume it's FC only and you still have to do a "proper" sweep > Garu at the end, so my problem persists.

I also can't seem to combo without OMC off IAD j.C > D Garu double crossup, even though it's supposed to work on the characters Garu [2] works.

Th-thanks in advance

I don't think my answer is going to be satisfactory but anyway...

If you're already at the desired distance from the corner, you can always just use [8~2] to stay in the same location on the screen. No forward movement whatsoever. Additionally, you can always switch sides twice with [3] (though I don't really advise this).

2B > 236D loop requires fatal, that is correct.

Btw, what is this double garu cross up? Just IAD j.C > 236D?

Not double GARU crossup, just double crossup. I'm referring to: blocked IAD j.C crossup > D Garu crosses up again and hits. It feels like I'm too high up for the last hit to... hit properly, so 2A doesn't pick them up afterwards.

Maybe I need to air turn before the air dash or something?

I also just found out the solution to my first problem, instead of [9/8~2] I do [7~2] and stay in place. For some reason I never though of altering the first direction, since on the [2] characters I change the second input to crossunder/whatever.

This is probably what you meant too in your answer, since you do move forward a little bit with [8~2], unless you were talking about SB Garu for whatever reason.

Now, until my other problem gets solved, onto 2B > Garu loops! :china:

since uh eshi is busy with life I think? heres a google doc with a lot of optimized combos, its still unfinished but its enough https://docs.google.com/document/d/19lngY5utqp0p-nsP-nhX5wZFyxpsaewwHD3HZvC9zSA/edit?usp=sharing. I left out anything that is already optimized in this thread(like 5d combos)

Thank you based bace. I will make use of all of this now that my execution isn't garbage.

So, is grab > OMC > 66 5A midscreen specific to Yosuke? I couldn't land it on anyone else.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

So, is grab > OMC > 66 5A midscreen specific to Yosuke? I couldn't land it on anyone else.

That's what I'm assuming. Going to go try it in the lab right now.

Did anyone besides me actually use the updated combo thread? I knew about it first b/c of Bace, but I wasn't sure who else noticed it since the date on the thread was the same...