Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] Elizabeth Q&A / FAQ Thread

Oh, so that's what it is. Thank you. Now I know when to interrupt the grab in midair or wait until they come back.

Oh, so that's what it is. Thank you. Now I know when to interrupt the grab in midair or wait until they come back.

Remember that if the opponent is ever inflicted with fear and you are able to grab them, it will always be a wall bounce due to a forced fatal counter. Elizabeth inflicts fear really well, so it can happen a lot, even after resets.

It's been a while, but I have another dumb question to ask.

Is it a good idea to train the opponent to respect/disrespect persona pressure? For example, I noticed that if you use 5CC>2C to catch people off-guard with the super armor, they'll learn to keep blocking and respect it, which allows you to replace 2C with 5D for a grab. I'm sure the reverse would be possible - 5CC>5D, sacrifice a card once they expect it, then replace it with 2C to get a combo going. I've never had Thanatos broken in the gap between 5CC and 2C, anyway. Another example would be after, say, Shuffle Time, use 236A or B to punish immediate rushdowns, then in that situation, use 214D to bring them in. Is this the kind of thing Elizabeth needs to be able to do to succeed, or am I wasting my time toying with people and giving them openings that I haven't lost to because of sheer luck?

I would say yes, you have the right idea. I think conditioning is important for Liz since your other options to get hits aren't as good. 5C > 2C/5D is good, but also keep in mind that there're more options too. Like 5C OMC > (delay) 5C, 5C > 5C, xx > 2D > punish, 5C > 214A/B, 5C > 2C OMC > 5B > 5D, etc.

As long as you never keep running the same thing for too long, you'll be fine.

So I don't have internet and I'm relearning Lizzy in my downtime. I'm doing the challenges to get her fundamental down, and there are a couple I'm having serious trouble with.

28 is 5B>2AB>236236A>2A>5B>5CC>2C>214B>214CD,214214A,2AB. I can get everything consistently (thank you CP Nu for training my stance change cancels!) except for the timing of the Diarahan. It comes out too late to end the combo with a sweep. Is there a visual cue to look for, like how you can input 214AB after you see the little ice missiles hit the dummy and land it every time, or is it pure playing-by-ear intuition?

Also, to ask about the real point of this challenge, are mind charge cancels important to Lizzy's game? In addition, is using Diarahan at a point like this helpful to heal, or am I better off sitting on that meter for more combos/OMCs?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

So I don't have internet and I'm relearning Lizzy in my downtime. I'm doing the challenges to get her fundamental down, and there are a couple I'm having serious trouble with.

28 is 5B>2AB>236236A>2A>5B>5CC>2C>214B>214CD,214214A,2AB. I can get everything consistently (thank you CP Nu for training my stance change cancels!) except for the timing of the Diarahan. It comes out too late to end the combo with a sweep. Is there a visual cue to look for, like how you can input 214AB after you see the little ice missiles hit the dummy and land it every time, or is it pure playing-by-ear intuition?

Also, to ask about the real point of this challenge, are mind charge cancels important to Lizzy's game? In addition, is using Diarahan at a point like this helpful to heal, or am I better off sitting on that meter for more combos/OMCs?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I would suggest trying to get the super cancel into Dia during the first flame of maragi. You can kinda mash Dia/2AB to get them to connect (I just did the challenge to make sure!). I would only use Mind Charge in combos if I don't have Thanatos, or if I'm going into awakening for Dia/Wail. For example, you can do 5AA > 5B > 2AB > mind charge > 2A > 5B > 2AB > mind charge > 5B > 2AB > mind charge > 2B > jA > jc jB for practically full Persona cards. 

There're better/easier Dia combos to learn. Like off the top of my head, 2C FC fullscreen > 214CD > 214214A > 5A > 5B > 5C > 2C > 214B > jC. Bace also has a variant of this combo if you wanna go for Dia x2.

Well... I know this may be a bit late but...I've been playing around with Liz and have been having a blast. Doing basic combos and stuff>Memento in the corner etc

Thing is, I'm having trouble with Magarudyne, SB'd I can catch anyone after, and for D I'm getting used to catching the easy members of the cast.

Problem is, from the videos I've seen I'm doing it wrong.

For me to catch them I need to go nearly underneath them, so the last hit pops them higher up and I can land and catch. The thing is, in videos I just see Liz Magarudyne[2] [3] 5/2A, the target doesn't pop back up for the last hit, they just fall. 

Sorry to be a pain, but it gets rather difficult to position it in such a way that they pop back up, as it can sometimes lead to me crossing myself up x-x; It also makes doing SB->D Magarudyne -> catching, seem a lot more strict with the height, but then again I can't really say.

Thanks for the assistance, it is much appreciated

Well... I know this may be a bit late but...I've been playing around with Liz and have been having a blast. Doing basic combos and stuff>Memento in the corner etc

Thing is, I'm having trouble with Magarudyne, SB'd I can catch anyone after, and for D I'm getting used to catching the easy members of the cast.

Problem is, from the videos I've seen I'm doing it wrong.

For me to catch them I need to go nearly underneath them, so the last hit pops them higher up and I can land and catch. The thing is, in videos I just see Liz Magarudyne[2] [3] 5/2A, the target doesn't pop back up for the last hit, they just fall. 

Sorry to be a pain, but it gets rather difficult to position it in such a way that they pop back up, as it can sometimes lead to me crossing myself up x-x; It also makes doing SB->D Magarudyne -> catching, seem a lot more strict with the height, but then again I can't really say.

Thanks for the assistance, it is much appreciated

The wording of your post kinda confuses me, but I'll try my best to assist you.

If you're having problems continuing a combo after using D Garu, then you're not controlling it properly. For the characters where [2] doesn't work, you can either do [7~3] or [8~2]. [7~3] is kinda tricky near the corner, so you might wish to opt for the other input. If I'm not mistaken, you only crossup with D Garu if you do something like 8~3; if you're doing it unintentionally, try to input your Garu more precisely. 

If you're referring to the 236CD>j236D, it's kinda tricky. You have to get the height just right. I usually do something like 5AA>2AB>236CD[7] (the hold here isn't too long, it's a very minute amount of time)>j236D[2]>stuff. Super basic visual example.

I hope I helped you in some way!

The wording of your post kinda confuses me, but I'll try my best to assist you.

If you're having problems continuing a combo after using D Garu, then you're not controlling it properly. For the characters where [2] doesn't work, you can either do [7~3] or [8~2]. [7~3] is kinda tricky near the corner, so you might wish to opt for the other input. If I'm not mistaken, you only crossup with D Garu if you do something like 8~3; if you're doing it unintentionally, try to input your Garu more precisely. 

If you're referring to the 236CD>j236D, it's kinda tricky. You have to get the height just right. I usually do something like 5AA>2AB>236CD[7] (the hold here isn't too long, it's a very minute amount of time)>j236D[2]>stuff. Super basic visual example.

I hope I helped you in some way!

I knew I worded it poorly, sorry x-x;

Lemme see...Your video is actually a perfect example (I've been using it a lot, thanks for the upload)

at 1:17, the combo you use, the first D.Magarudyne, Aki pops up on the last hit, then the 2AB>D.Magarudyne, he does not pop up into the air on the last it, he simply falls down and you 2A. I'm having trouble doing 236X without the pop-up hit in any combo, and I can't tell if that last pop-up hit is required in certain combos or if I don't need to position for it in everyone. Or if its just character specific and its required on the harder to catch after characters.

Thanks for the help, its much appreciated. In the meantime :P I'll be continuing to try that combo

You only need the small bounce/pop-up when you're using a route with j236D. If you're using 236D on the ground, you don't need to try and cause it. If you practiced on Liz for example, you would see that just doing xx> 236D[2]> 2A would work. The bounce wouldn't occur since you're holding down, but you can continue the combo. On the contrary, if you were doing jB> j236D[2] against Liz, the small bounce is needed.

I'll admit that the height for causing the bounce is tougher on some characters; Yukiko especially comes to mind. It's easier to do on taller characters imo (compare throw fc> 2B> jB> j236D> stuff on Yukiko vs Narukami, for example).

You only need the small bounce/pop-up when you're using a route with j236D. If you're using 236D on the ground, you don't need to try and cause it. If you practiced on Liz for example, you would see that just doing xx> 236D[2]> 2A would work. The bounce wouldn't occur since you're holding down, but you can continue the combo. On the contrary, if you were doing jB> j236D[2] against Liz, the small bounce is needed.

I'll admit that the height for causing the bounce is tougher on some characters; Yukiko especially comes to mind. It's easier to do on taller characters imo (compare throw fc> 2B> jB> j236D> stuff on Yukiko vs Narukami, for example).

Thanks a bunch, so that's what causes it.

Explains why 2AB>236CD>J.236D, the last has the bounce etc etc, as you just said.

That explains a lot. Thanks for the help