Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] Elizabeth Q&A / FAQ Thread

:eng101: Combo thread!
this. please guys try to look around in the threads before you ask a question, there have been a few questions asked in which the answer was on the first/second post of a thread. kiba and co. did an amazing job gathering and organizing elizabeth's data into the appropriate threads, so a little searching properly (ie: combo problem= combo thread, hitbox problem = data thread etc etc) should do the trick :)

I see there are 2 B.Bufu's in combos. How does this work? They're separate specials right, not the 2 hits of B. Bufu? When I try to do it again right after it hits my persona returns to me instead of staying wherever I'm doing the combo.

EDIT: Nvm, found the answer on the first page.

"Q: How do I combo B.Bufu into B.Bufu? Thanatos appears right next to Elizabeth!

A: This contrasts with the above answer. If this is happening it is because you are inputting the attack too slow, and you need to do it immediately after the ice catches the opponent."

After a blocked SB. Agi what is a guaranteed string, I've been doing 2aa 5b into C 2C/D most the time. But I'm noticing people can DP out of it sometimes. Is there a guaranteed block string or are they all unsafe to DPs and need to be adjusted according to match ups?

Sorry if this is the wrong place for a kind of basic question.

I'm completely stuck on getting the last j.C for challenge 26. He techs out just before the j.C. I've read tips like "you need to land the last j.A before Mabufudyne hits" but I'm nowhere close to this happening. I'm also seen things like "hold up+forward during Mabufudyne" to jump ASAP and "cancelling out of the 3rd autocombo ASAP helps"... tried these, no luck.

Any other suggestions?

After a blocked SB. Agi what is a guaranteed string, I've been doing 2aa 5b into C 2C/D most the time. But I'm noticing people can DP out of it sometimes. Is there a guaranteed block string or are they all unsafe to DPs and need to be adjusted according to match ups?

Late, but, the only thing I've found to be effective after SB.Agi is 2A. Anything else I try usually gets beaten with an R-Action. 2AA > 5B can be disrespected too with R-actions.

Ceiyne I can't help you unfortunately because I haven't even done Elizabeth's challenge mode combos.

Late, but, the only thing I've found to be effective after SB.Agi is 2A. Anything else I try usually gets beaten with an R-Action. 2AA > 5B can be disrespected too with R-actions.

Ceiyne I can't help you unfortunately because I haven't even done Elizabeth's challenge mode combos.

Yeah, I figured it wasn't a true block string since I was getting DPed out of it a lot, mostly by Yu players.

- I guess I'll ask another question. I feel like I asked this elsewhere but whatever.

When you are ending a combo with SB Agi is it best to go into J.C or would 2C into SB Zio be better or is there something else that you can do to provide for a good situation when you end with SB Agi? I know the SB Zio is matchup and situation based but I figured I'd ask.

I'm completely stuck on getting the last j.C for challenge 26. He techs out just before the j.C. I've read tips like "you need to land the last j.A before Mabufudyne hits" but I'm nowhere close to this happening. I'm also seen things like "hold up+forward during Mabufudyne" to jump ASAP and "cancelling out of the 3rd autocombo ASAP helps"... tried these, no luck.

Any other suggestions?

In case it helps anyone else, I think my problem was not hitting j.A fast enough after the Mabufudyne... I finally just nailed it.

Glad you found the problem Ceiyne.

- I guess I'll ask another question. I feel like I asked this elsewhere but whatever.

When you are ending a combo with SB Agi is it best to go into J.C or would 2C into SB Zio be better or is there something else that you can do to provide for a good situation when you end with SB Agi? I know the SB Zio is matchup and situation based but I figured I'd ask.

This really depends on you. You can attempt to go for some form of mixup when you have them right in front of you, or you paralyse them and in doing so you get them close to the corner, though obviously this is more costly.

If you want a cost effective method, you can use B.Bufu > B.Bufu > JC and still retain mixup advantage with Thanatos from afar. Sometimes I use B.Bufu > SB.Zio, just to save the SP for when I need it in corner combos.

If the opponent blocks 5C midscreen, is there anything Elizabeth can do to discourage them from just superjumping and airdashing back for a free escape.

I tried 214A for the air unblockable properties but it seems that you can't cancel 5C into 214A on block, you have to wait for it to recover and by then they can just jump away for free

If the opponent blocks 5C midscreen, is there anything Elizabeth can do to discourage them from just superjumping and airdashing back for a free escape.

I tried 214A for the air unblockable properties but it seems that you can't cancel 5C into 214A on block, you have to wait for it to recover and by then they can just jump away for free

2C discourages jumps/chicken blocking.

it actually does not, if the foe is holding upback they will block 2c and can punish thanatos, 2c can hit them out of jump startup but again, the foe wont be subjected to that or 5d if they just hold upback. l guess 2c could be useful after 5c(1) 5d/2c mixup as the foe might not react as quickly with a jump.

with 50 heat you can OMC 5c for bufu. if the foe jumps/superjumps after 5c with no intention of breaking a card, you can j.d or to a lesser extent, j.c them. j.c has a huge hitbox and pretty fast though you get no damage from it really. j.d has a chance of whiffing if you dont do the same jump your foe did but is unblockable and hurts, alot. IAD j.b also works to reset pressure.

I saw a Liz doing 5A 5B 5C into A Bufu I assume and then IAD j.B 2A 5b 5C into ender. I have no idea how he connects the first hits let alone gets the IAD into that consistently. I can get a 5C into A bufu to connect. No idea how he was getting 5A 5B to combo into 5C A Bufu. If you ened visuals I can probably find it again. Was watching Kanji gameplay when I saw a Liz with no name doing some stuff I had never seen.

Here it is - http://youtu.be/9wwYwYu-Bt4?t=8m42s

Combos 5A 5B 5C A bufu IAD j.B j.C then 2A

I think he's dashing forward a bit then IAD to get in range but I still don't know how he combos 5A 5B into 5C A Bufu like that. He's getting a counter hit but I still can't replicate it.

Here's another crazy moment(to me). Guy does 5b 5C into 3 bufus one after another. Not sure how he's doing this. I feel like I saw it in the combo thread, at least the ender for it. http://youtu.be/9wwYwYu-Bt4?t=6m15s

5A 5B 5C A.Bufu only works on crouchers or on fatal counter. Counter hit 5C combos into it on standing characters but with counter hit 5C you have access to better combos anyway.

That triple A.Bufu combo is hilarious btw and I am totally going to xcopy it.

Can you explain why and how to have Concentrate > Universal Overhead > OMC > Command grab supe tack on that 3K damage at the end already 4K damaging combos?

Is it scaled up by blue life or something?

2c inflicts fear AND gives her next physical attack a 50% damage buff. ghastly wall does (alot) more damage when the foe is feared, at the cost of removing fear, and vice versa on non-feared foes.

honestly the combo is really easy, you only need concentrate if youre not already in awakening, and/or you need the meter to do it (the combo will consume 100-125 meter on average), and/or you want to add in an extra 2c, ie 2c concentrate 2c b bufu AoA omc super. one thing to be wary of is that you need a freeze counter to do the combo. if you use any bufu's within the combo prematurely, the foe will not freeze. this was a huge problem when for me starting out.

First: If I fool up and get Thanatos broken, what should I do? Currently my strategy is to be evasive until my cards restore, but against a fair number of characters this is proving futile (namely vs. Yosuke, Mitsuru, Aigis, Protagonist, and Mirror Elizabeth) and to a lesser extent with Naoto (the player in question uses the opportunity to set up traps).

Second: I'm terrified of opposing Liz's because I know full well how she can nearly OHKO me if I mess up when she's got meter. This fear is clouding my ability to react properly. Is there any easy way to help me get over this?

1: yes. run. use every trick you have to haul ass away from the foe. do not try to fight, it's futile and low reward. shuffle time is great if you can hit with it, it restores about 2 cards during the wait.

be aware that running is character specific. sometimes you just have to sit there and block and hope the next mixup doesn't 80% you. most of the characters you mentioned are in this category. if all else fails, a wise rachel player once wrote, and it does apply to liz, too: "turtle and spam 6a (2b in liz's case) like your life depends on it. it really does." if you watch damosu, that guy couldn't give any less fucks, if you're pressuring him, he's mashing 2b. period. it works too.

liz mirrors are very turtley by nature. you really have to know how to play the fullscreen. if you can punish her a zio with your a zio, sj over ex flames, punish normal flames, and can survive her lackluster mixup, then you know alot of the MU already and you just need to adapt to the player you're fighting.

In some Damosu videos I see him combo off of Counter Hit Ghastly Wail all the time. How in the fuck does he do this?

From what I can tell he is just doing IAD j.B j.C 2A 5B -> stuff. When I try to do it I don't even get remotely close with j.B. I have tried dash-> IAD but then they hit the ground long before I get there. Anyone have any tips/ideas? Do I just need to Dash -> IAD faster?

Note: I am talking midscreen. Corner Ghastly Wail starter is free to combo off of.

In some Damosu videos I see him combo off of Counter Hit Ghastly Wail all the time. How in the fuck does he do this?

From what I can tell he is just doing IAD j.B j.C 2A 5B -> stuff. When I try to do it I don't even get remotely close with j.B. I have tried dash-> IAD but then they hit the ground long before I get there. Anyone have any tips/ideas? Do I just need to Dash -> IAD faster?

Note: I am talking midscreen. Corner Ghastly Wail starter is free to combo off of.

It's not listed in the data thread but the C & D versions of ghastly wail are different. The D version can be followed up, but the C version has invincibility on start-up (don't think the D version does) so it will beat meaty attacks. Generally if you do a mind charge and know ghastly wail will hit, always do the D version.

See I didn't know that but I figured there was a difference. Thanks.

See I didn't know that but I figured there was a difference. Thanks.
y/w :3 it confused me at first too, never would have tested it without damosu videos

how the fuck did he get iad j.b to hit like that anyways.....i can barely get like 3 hits of j.b midscreen =/

how the fuck did he get iad j.b to hit like that anyways.....i can barely get like 3 hits of j.b midscreen =/
You have time to run closer first before the IAD. It is really weird timing though, I'm still not used to it.