Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] Elizabeth vs Chie

Discuss the Chie Matchup here.

Punishes:

Anti-airing:

Zoning:

Their game plan:

Strategy:

In neutral, Liz's strongest tools are IADB jB, Magarudyne, 2B and 5A. 5A has a deceptively long hitbox! These tools actually work really well against Chie so abuse the hell out of them. Chie's 5C can be deadly, but just like Liz's 5C you can prediction roll it and punish its recovery. Just don't underestimate how fast Chie's ground run speed is.

Char specific details:

If Chie knocks Elizabeth down midscreen with sweep and attempts to go for her normal persona oki, Elizabeth can backdash out of it with 100% accuracy. I shit you not. It won't work if Chie is right on top of Liz when she sweeps, but the number of situations this happens in is really small. In order for Chie to reliably be close enough to get oki, she has to end her combo in AOA - essentially, she needs an air juggle. So as long as you DO NOT LET THIS BITCH HIT YOU IN THE AIR, you can backdash her oki. This completely changes the match-up.

If Chie is going crazy on you with 5A spamming, you can instant block and counterthrow her out of it. Once you show her this, she has to go for 5A > 2A stuff or other frame traps. Her 5A pressure is not invincible!

If Chie tries to use meteor super in Elizabeth's face, Elizabeth can punish it guaranteed with 100% accuracy by doing this: 5A > jB > jA > jc > jA > jB > jC. As long as Chie is getting hit by buttons, her meteors will explode the moment they enter the screen. This combo keeps hitting Chie constantly so you avoid all of her meteors. So, if you're rushing her shit down and you expect her to do something then briefly pause. If she does F-Action, quickly counterhit punish. If she does God Fist super, roll through and punish. If she does meteors, do this. She has to respect liz on wake-up!

Yeah, I've done that before. Real useful against Agneyastra-loving Chies when they go into awakening.

There are two fairly strong Chie players in Atlanta so I can say with confidence that this match-up is really annoying. You have to burst as early as possible once Chie gets a hit on you or you lose the round, it straight up doesn't matter how good your blocking is.

Because of Liz's terrible defense and low health, Chie's knockdown okizeme becomes brutally effective. Even if you do block it, she can just dash > 5A pressure until she hits you again and hitconfirm into a knockdown, again. You can't mash anything because her normals are too slow. If you try to F-Action she'll jump on reaction and punish, if you try to jump out she can hitconfirm on reaction. She doesn't even have to react to punish guard cancel. The only options Liz has are roll (loses to throw mix-up), coffin super, and MAYBE backdash. You absolutely HAVE to keep your momentum or she will ruin your shit.

Luckily, spacing her out isn't incredibly hard and Liz's mix-up also works pretty well. Chie is stupidly good at hit confirming air counterhits, so try to stay grounded or spacing her out with jB instead of jumping in. Chie's best poke is 5C which will punish random 2Bing. The match-up is manageable as long as you keep that bitch as far away from 5A range as possible.

Okay guys, I found out a SHIT TON of useful tech for this match-up. The first one is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT AND EVERY ELIZABETH PLAYER NEEDS TO KNOW THIS.

If Chie knocks Elizabeth down midscreen with sweep and attempts to go for her normal persona oki, Elizabeth can backdash out of it with 100% accuracy. I shit you not. It won't work if Chie is right on top of Liz when she sweeps, but the number of situations this happens in is really small. In order for Chie to reliably be close enough to get oki, she has to end her combo in AOA - essentially, she needs an air juggle. So as long as you DO NOT LET THIS BITCH HIT YOU IN THE AIR, you can backdash her oki. This completely changes the match-up.

Now for some lesser tech:

* If Chie is going crazy on you with 5A spamming, you can instant block and counterthrow her out of it. Once you show her this, she has to go for 5A > 2A stuff or other frame traps. Her 5A pressure is not invincible!

* If Chie tries to use meteor super in Elizabeth's face, Elizabeth can punish it guaranteed with 100% accuracy by doing this: 5A > jB > jA > jc > jA > jB > jC. As long as Chie is getting hit by buttons, her meteors will explode the moment they enter the screen. This combo keeps hitting Chie constantly so you avoid all of her meteors. So, if you're rushing her shit down and you expect her to do something then briefly pause. If she does F-Action, quickly counterhit punish. If she does God Fist super, roll through and punish. If she does meteors, do this. She has to respect liz on wake-up!

* In neutral, Liz's strongest tools are IADB jB, Magarudyne, 2B and 5A. 5A has a deceptively long hitbox! These tools actually work really well against Chie so abuse the hell out of them. Chie's 5C can be deadly, but just like Liz's 5C you can prediction roll it and punish its recovery. Just don't underestimate how fast Chie's ground run speed is.

My verdict: This match-up is even! REJOICE!

Okay guys, I found out a SHIT TON of useful tech for this match-up. The first one is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT AND EVERY ELIZABETH PLAYER NEEDS TO KNOW THIS.

Now for some lesser tech:

* If Chie is going crazy on you with 5A spamming, you can instant block and counterthrow her out of it. Once you show her this, she has to go for 5A > 2A stuff or other frame traps. Her 5A pressure is not invincible!

* If Chie tries to use meteor super in Elizabeth's face, Elizabeth can punish it guaranteed with 100% accuracy by doing this: 5A > jB > jA > jc > jA > jB > jC. As long as Chie is getting hit by buttons, her meteors will explode the moment they enter the screen. This combo keeps hitting Chie constantly so you avoid all of her meteors. So, if you're rushing her shit down and you expect her to do something then briefly pause. If she does F-Action, quickly counterhit punish. If she does God Fist super, roll through and punish. If she does meteors, do this. She has to respect liz on wake-up!

* In neutral, Liz's strongest tools are IADB jB, Magarudyne, 2B and 5A. 5A has a deceptively long hitbox! These tools actually work really well against Chie so abuse the hell out of them. Chie's 5C can be deadly, but just like Liz's 5C you can prediction roll it and punish its recovery. Just don't underestimate how fast Chie's ground run speed is.

My verdict: This match-up is even! REJOICE!

Loluwut!?You can just... backdash it!? :vbang: I'm gonna guess that we'd be screwed if it were in the corner though am I right? So I'm gonna guess the verdict on that last part is to not be knocked up to the air correct?

This... is.... too hard to believe... It's such heavenly advice but... I can't believe this could be true because of how horrible I am against Chie... Video/pics could help/make me believe. :psyduck:

IADB? What the hell is that??? 6_6 Sounds like something I should really know....

Ugh... This matchup... I usually do fine against say Yu or Mitsuru and Aigis but this one I just.... If I see Chie, putting down the controller and leaving until the match was over wouldn't be any different on if I actually fighted.... Someone please help. I honestly don't know how to easily block Chie's high-lows, cross-ups, and that okizeme....... I just... :vbang:

Loluwut!?You can just... backdash it!? :vbang: I'm gonna guess that we'd be screwed if it were in the corner though am I right? So I'm gonna guess the verdict on that last part is to not be knocked up to the air correct?

This... is.... too hard to believe... It's such heavenly advice but... I can't believe this could be true because of how horrible I am against Chie... Video/pics could help/make me believe. :psyduck:

IADB? What the hell is that??? 6_6 Sounds like something I should really know....

I believe Chie could do a microdash -> 5D to prevent Liz from back dashing out of it. If you notice they're not micro dashing, then try the back dash out of it if they're a distance away.

IADB - Instant Air Dash Back

I believe Chie could do a microdash -> 5D to prevent Liz from back dashing out of it. If you notice they're not micro dashing, then try the back dash out of it if they're a distance away.

IADB - Instant Air Dash Back

Microdash?

Ah ok I got it. I've never really used IADB that often but I find it useful in this match too.

A microdash is just when you input 66 really fast without committing to the entire dash.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I honestly have no idea WHATSOEVER how in the holy mother of Izanami anyone playing Liz can stand a chance against this waifu bitch... I can however say that if you (somehow) are able to knock Chie down and she has 50 SP. Using mind charge when she wakes up can really help you at punishing her (That is if you have the SP). With mind charge, the super move pause it makes allows you to read what the opponent will do next, that is if you use it when they're about to go. Though Chie's God Hand goes by pretty fast I believe a mind charge is fast enough for you to read a move without getting bopped for 4K damage in one hit.

This can also help since if Chie uses her FA, you can easily punish her if you're close enough, even better is if you can get a grab off of her. EVEN BETTER THAN THAT is if it's in the corner.

Can't say for sure if that'll help anyone out in this godawful matchup where hope is the last thing to come to mind. But I only wish for others to go ahead better than I do in this fight.